• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

RC

Banned
LOL

HnAAWeU.jpg

Like the Leafs would have any chance againest the Mets.

Tabris

Well, you came into the Toronto thread to say how Vancouver was the best.

That's because I use Search > Tabris > Show Posts when I log in to see who's quoted anything I've said since they removed "See Who Quoted You" function. You should up your GAF browsing game. Subscriptions and Search!

Wow, that's generous of you, I never expected you to share one of your front covers.

I'm the nicest guy in this thread :)

TUSR

Banned
That's because I use Search > Tabris > Show Posts when I log in to see who's quoted anything I've said since they removed "See Who Quoted You" function. You should up your GAF browsing game. Subscriptions and Search!

youre actually insane

Calamari41

41 > 38

When I asked if you were refreshing the page waiting for a reply, I was joking. I didn't realize you had the whole forum under surveillance like Bruce Wayne and Fox watching Gotham at the end of The Dark Knight.

Quick

Banned
Off-topic time:

I've been on OK Cupid for a couple of weeks now, and it's been an interesting place.

I stumbled on an acquaintance's profile, and hey, that's cool. We're friends on Facebook and Instagram, and she made a post about being together with her boyfriend for two years earlier today. A friend of mine warned me about her when we all went to school together, I didn't think too much about it and we all hung out, but never outside school though.

Anyway, I was thinking: "must be an open relationship" - she mentioned on OKC specifically that she has "old school values" and "too old for games."

Then I remembered she started posting some of the gifts she got from her boyfriend "on sale" on Instagram a few months ago. Must have been a bad breakup, I thought.

But then, she posted a picture with a different guy soon after that saying something like "happy anniversary".

I'm suddenly putting the pieces together like Sherlock Holmes and came to a conclusion: I should get a girlfriend, because I can't be caring too much for this bullshit. OKC isn't doing the job for me.

Also, it's obnoxious anytime I read a profile and a girl puts in "I'm an ENTJ, if you don't know what that is, don't bother contacting me/look it up."

I always get INTJ on those and most the time the description for it is the worst. A friend of mine linked me to a forum dedicated to that personality type years ago and it was an insufferable place from what I gathered.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Did Quebec file for an expansion team?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Had a dream that Bozak, Phaneuf and JVR were traded to Columbus for picks. That's what I get for reading this thread while drinking before bed.

You're such a sad person.

Off-topic time:

I've been on OK Cupid for a couple of weeks now, and it's been an interesting place.

I stumbled on an acquaintance's profile, and hey, that's cool. We're friends on Facebook and Instagram, and she made a post about being together with her boyfriend for two years earlier today. A friend of mine warned me about her when we all went to school together, I didn't think too much about it and we all hung out, but never outside school though.

Anyway, I was thinking: "must be an open relationship" - she mentioned on OKC specifically that she has "old school values" and "too old for games."

Then I remembered she started posting some of the gifts she got from her boyfriend "on sale" on Instagram a few months ago. Must have been a bad breakup, I thought.

But then, she posted a picture with a different guy soon after that saying something like "happy anniversary".

I'm suddenly putting the pieces together like Sherlock Holmes and came to a conclusion: I should get a girlfriend, because I can't be caring too much for this bullshit. OKC isn't doing the job for me.

Also, it's obnoxious anytime I read a profile and a girl puts in "I'm an ENTJ, if you don't know what that is, don't bother contacting me/look it up."

Posts like this make me so glad I met my wife in high school, and before the internet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Washington's offer to Holtby was only one year at $5.1m. Seems ridiculously low. I guess that's just to counterbalance Holtby's ridiculously high ask of $8m so that arbitration returns a much more sane number somewhere in the 6s.

Curufinwe

Washington's offer to Holtby was only one year at $5.1m. Seems ridiculously low. I guess that's just to counterbalance Holtby's ridiculously high ask of $8m so that arbitration returns a much more sane number somewhere in the 6s.

They should just give him the Schneider-type contract he's earned.

zroid

Banned
So much bluster from Graeme Roustan a few months ago. Just sat on his hands.

“I will definitely be making an application on behalf of the GTA,” Roustan said. “I’ve always believed that a second NHL team in Toronto would flourish and I’ve been preparing since 2010 for this possibility.”

lolz

Quick

Banned
Screening partners for whether they're familiar with a bullshit personality test or not, lol.

Although I assume they're just tired of guys messaging them about it, asking what it stands for.

That could be true. Some of them really like to post that all over their profiles.

I always get INTJ on those and most the time the description for it is the worst. A friend of mine linked me to a forum dedicated to that personality type years ago and it was an insufferable place from what I gathered.

I should do this personality test and see how insufferable I really am.

Posts like this make me so glad I met my wife in high school, and before the internet.

I didn't want to resort to online dating, but this seems to be the best I can do at the moment.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I didn't want to resort to online dating, but this seems to be the best I can do at the moment.
My best friend found his fiancé on there and she's pretty amazing. There's a lot of people who work shift work like nurses or are just really busy who use it, you just have to filter through.

zroid

Banned
Maybe we will buyout Laich when the second buyout window opens.

Screen-Shot-2015-06-03-at-9.03.49-PM-607x506.png

$4.5 million....*shudders*

If it makes you feel better, I saw a chart recently showing that apparently over the last couple years Kesler has only been slightly better than Laich!

actually I think his closest comparable was Dave Bolland but better at faceoffs

Quick

Banned
I have two friends who found their amazing wives via online dating. It's legit!

Maybe not OKCupid though... I think eHarmony is the one to use.

My best friend found his fiancé on there and she's pretty amazing. There's a lot of people who work shift work like nurses or are just really busy who use it, you just have to filter through.

I'm not knocking online dating entirely. It's still relatively new for me, at least in this "complete" version. So far, my issue with OKC seems to be that I seem to get visitors, but I'm clearly not interesting enough to get them to message me or something. Hard out there for a simp.

I used Tinder in brief spurts, but all I got were spam with the rare person actually messaging me, but even that turned into nothing. I was never really into it, but now that they introduced a premium version that limits your daily swipes, I have no interest in it at all.

Tabris

I'm not knocking online dating entirely. It's still relatively new for me, at least in this "complete" version. So far, my issue with OKC seems to be that I seem to get visitors, but I'm clearly not interesting enough to get them to message me or something. Hard out there for a simp.

Have the following in your profile: "Baby, I'll show you a whole new world"

Then embed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s

Done.

I have a friend who found his wife via Craigslist. They're one of the most stable relationships I know of. Internet dating ain't a bad thing but I think you need to know what you want for it to work.

Quick

Banned
That definitely wasn't a knock on you, more a recognition that if I hadn't been lucky enough to meet my wife young I'd die alone.

I didn't take it as a knock. Just commenting that that's really the best I can do at this time.

I used to do just fine with just meeting people randomly and making a connection or something along those lines, but with my job and just less free time, it's not as simple anymore.

If it makes you feel better, I saw a chart recently showing that apparently over the last couple years Kesler has only been slightly better than Laich!

actually I think his closest comparable was Dave Bolland but better at faceoffs

Laich keeps fucking us up D;

His injury is the reason we traded for Erat.

LAWD

Calamari41

41 > 38
I didn't take it as a knock. Just commenting that that's really the best I can do at this time.

I used to do just fine with just meeting people randomly and making a connection or something along those lines, but with my job and just less free time, it's not as simple anymore.

Shave that mullet and you might actually have a fighting chance

I met my ex online.

So it works.

But there's a reason she's my ex.

In general, online dating sucks, and there are plenty of creeps, trolls, and attention seekers, but some, I assume, are good people.

I have been trying to buy an elm's world video off the iTunes store for my son for the past half hour or so. This is the hardest I've ever tried to buy something I really don't want.

Edit: Went through about four seconds after making this post. Behold the power of complaining on GAF.

Top Bottom