• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

When's he getting to Detroit? That's gonna make everyone else look bad

... I don't wanna see our draft record, especially since the Sedins were drafted before 2000... After that it's really just Kesler as a standout...

Detroit is already done, breh

Top of the link has all the other teams done. I was going to link them all...but I'd rather just be lazy.

Wild link (above) has the newest list with all the other teams.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
When's he getting to Detroit? That's gonna make everyone else look bad

... I don't wanna see our draft record, especially since the Sedins were drafted before 2000... After that it's really just Kesler as a standout...

Detroit's drafting success has been overblown after Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Since the year 2000 the Red Wings late round drafting has been the third worst of all teams studied, ahead of only Arizona (5%) and Carolina (5%).

HE'S A GOOD MARKHAM BOY

De Grasse vs Bolt.

It's gonna be like

tumblr_inline_ngctbzXY1k1t60te8.gif

zroid

Banned
Dermott > Marner confirmed!

I just checked my ScoreApp notifications and figured out what this was about :lol

what are they waiting for with Marner? signed prospects don't count on the SPC limit if they're playing in junior right?

maybe they want to wait and see how good he is next year so they can structure the contract accordingly

Samyy

I just checked my ScoreApp notifications and figured out what this was about :lol

what are they waiting for with Marner? signed prospects don't count on the SPC limit if they're playing in junior right?

maybe they want to wait and see how good he is next year so they can structure the contract accordingly

Nah Nylander wasn't signed until August 18th last year, it's nothing.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

i think all contracts count, they just don't count against the cap

i think Dermott puts us at 50... i think

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
ELCs for CHL players slide until the player turns 20 so no
Unless they play 9 games
Just having him signed won't do anything

but he counts against the contract cap

also just checked and we're at 49... and that's without bernier signed

also dermott can play in AHL/ECHL next year (as in 2016/17)

zroid

Banned
I don't think that's right Dopey? Apparently anyone aged 18 or 19 who hasn't yet played 11 NHL games is exempt from the 50 SPC limit.

Samyy

Samyy, your man-crush on Dubas is downright unsettling, but I'll not have anyone say you don't know your stuff. Thank you, sir.

That's future GM Kyle Dubas to you!

but he counts against the contract cap

also just checked and we're at 49... and that's without bernier signed

also dermott can play in AHL/ECHL next year (as in 2016/17)

No his contract and every other CHLer below the age of 20 signed to an ELC will not count toward the contract cap as long as they play in junior I believe

zroid

Banned
just checked.

seems you're right, but only applies to the CHL.

yeah, that's right. so that's why Nylander counts while playing in the AHL. Kapanen too.

in related news: Kapanen turns 19 tomorrow! (technically already 19 since he was born in Finland!)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This reminds me, I still need to watch the final two episodes of Arrow.

I haven't seen the last ten episodes or so, the show was just a drag to get through. Because of that I stopped watching Flash too even though it was fun, I should catch up at some point.

I haven't seen the last ten episodes or so, the show was just a drag to get through. Because of that I stopped watching Flash too even though it was fun, I should catch up at some point.

The Flash is great. It has more consistency than Arrow (For this season of Arrow at least) I don't think there was not one episode of The Flash where I was not entertained. Best CW show since Buffy

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You seeing all this Meek Mill / Drake beef Kave? I'm dying. Amazing shit, I love twitter so much.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

This season of Arrow was a mess. And I need to catch up on The Flash. Not sure why I stopped.

The Flash is great. It has more consistency than Arrow (For this season of Arrow at least) I don't think there was not one episode of The Flash where I was not entertained. Best CW show since Buffy

Best show since Buffy? Angel was better, though Angel had Connor. Fuck Connor and his super shittyness. Besides Buffy was on the WB (and UPN) :p (and yes , I know that the CW came form the WB).

Calamari41

41 > 38
Good riddance to a truly awful poster. I've never not seen him absolutely shit up a thread any time he posted.

The ego on this idiot: "I'm sorry for leaving. It's not that big a deal, really. Life will move on. These message boards will move on. It will be fun, I'm sure. Just, I won't be here for it."

Edit: Oh good, the mods deleted the thread. It's terrisus in case anybody cares.

Marvie_3

Banned
Good riddance to a truly awful poster. I've never not seen him absolutely shit up a thread any time he posted.

The ego on this idiot: "I'm sorry for leaving. It's not that big a deal, really. Life will move on. These message boards will move on. It will be fun, I'm sure. Just, I won't be here for it."

Edit: Oh good, the mods deleted the thread. It's terrisus in case anybody cares.
Yeah he wont be missed. Derrick01 was the same way. So glad he got perma'd.

zroid

Banned
according to Dubas, Pittsburgh actually wanted Tyler Biggs. I just assumed it was a contract dump. Those poor souls...

edit: ^^ I know terrisus has a certain rep from the off-topic forum but I mostly just see him in the Nintendo Downloads Thread where he never seemed like a bad guy. it also sounded from my interactions with him like he's going through a lot of personal troubles atm so I hope he'll be alright.

calder

Wait, what? Lamoriello? What?

Lou Lamoriello named Leafs General Manager
Thursday, 07.23.2015 / 10:00 AM ET / News

Brendan Shanahan, President and Alternate Governor of the Toronto Maple Leafs, announced today that Lou Lamoriello has been named the 16th General Manager in the Club’s history. Lamoriello joins the Leafs after previously spending the last 28 years in the New Jersey Devils organization.

Lamoriello first joined the Devils as President and General Manager in 1987. Under his leadership, New Jersey went to the Stanley Cup Playoffs 21 times, won nine division titles, went to the Stanley Cup Final five times and won the Cup on three occasions (1995, 2000 and 2003). The Devils also made 13 consecutive post-season berths from 1997-2010 and finished with a winning record every season from 1992-93 through 2009-10.

Lamoriello also served as Interim Head Coach during three different seasons – most recently the 2014-15 season as he served as co-coach alongside Scott Stevens and Adam Oates for the final 46 games of the regular season (20-19-7). On May 4, 2015, Ray Shero was introduced as the Devils’ new General Manager while Lamoriello remained in his role as President of Hockey Operations. He finished as the longest serving General Manager of any one team in the history of the NHL at 28 years (1987-2015).

In 1996, Lamoriello served as General Manager for Team USA as they won the World Cup of Hockey. He was also General Manager of Team USA at the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics. His many accomplishments have earned him a number of prestigious awards, including induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame in the Builder Category in 2009 and into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in 2012.

Top Bottom