• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
why

edit: has to be because of his relationship with Shanny

8pt18fL.png

Samyy

Okay, well they would not have hired him if he wasn't on board with their vision
I hope

I was so confident, now I'm just confused.

Cagey

Banned
He's now the New Toronto GM.

He just turned heel on the Devils

A friend sent me the Devils press release 5 minutes ago and I had to take 5 minutes to reflect on everything that happened: Lou officially leaving the Devils after transitioning the role to a new GM. I was sad Lou was on the verge of retirement.

5 minutes later, I find out he's fucking showing up in Toronto like Lex Luger on Nitro.

lupinko

A friend sent me the Devils press release 5 minutes ago and I had to take 5 minutes to reflect on everything that happened: Lou officially leaving the Devils after transitioning the role to a new GM. I was sad Lou was on the verge of retirement.

5 minutes later, I find out he's fucking showing up in Toronto like Lex Luger on Nitro.

Or like Rick Rude on Nitro. http://youtu.be/5d2UWgQTw4Q

zroid

Banned
Transitional GM, maybe?

hopefully it's just a figurehead/mentor thing... I really don't understand this at all otherwise

it seemed like LL wanted to move on from being a GM and the Toronto FO was already set up nicely without a GM. they don't need a big name to steer the ship.

calder

hopefully it's just a figurehead/mentor thing... I really don't understand this at all otherwise

it seemed like LL wanted to move on from being a GM and the Toronto FO was already set up nicely without a GM. they don't need a big name to steer the ship.

It does make some sense, kinda... the Leafs front office is short on experience and Lou certainly brings that. And he's about a million years old, so you know he's not like making plans to be team president 10 years down the line. He really could fit in as a short term GM who's looking for a good fit and knows he's going to be retired/dead in a decade anyway so maybe he can train a group of young assistant GMs along the way.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm confused, why is that a bad hire?

It does make some sense, kinda... the Leafs front office is short on experience and Lou certainly brings that. And he's about a million years old, so you know he's not like making plans to be team president 10 years down the line. He really could fit in as a short term GM who's looking for a good fit and knows he's going to be retired/dead in a decade anyway so maybe he can train a group of young assistant GMs along the way.

Pretty much this.

If everything is by committee I don't have a problem with this at all.

Valor

devils fans seem to think the devils are in rough shape because of ownership, not lou

so that's something.

I mean, it's kind of both things. He's made a lot of questionable signings in recent years and I don't really know personally if he is up to the task of the current NHL and what it needs to succeed.

That being said, time will tell and we'll find out more if it was management making Lou do what he had done in the recent past or if the game has passed him by. As a Devils fan, though, I'm pretty shocked. No idea what to think about this at all.

Fei

Is Lou going to listen to Dubas when he's talking Fenwick or score effects? Super interesting dynamic, and you wonder if Dubas gets marginalized as a result.

zroid

Banned
What the fuck at the Lou bomb.

I'm nervous about this hiring, but also somewhat relieved that we found a GM.

let's wait till the press conference. not that I expect them to say anything mindblowing, but back when they hired Babcock everyone jumped to the conclusion that they were ditching the rebuild plan, but at his revealing they went out of their way to tell people he was on board. if Lou is on board with the plan that exists under Shanny, and isn't going to be the key decision maker, then all is well. like calder was saying, no GM has as much front office experience as LL. if it's all about facilitating moves and networking then it's a positive step for sure.

Top Bottom