• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

dem

I'd be surprised if Saskatoon or Regina wanted an AHL team..

I would much rather watch the WHL. Cheaper, more exciting hockey.

zroid

Banned
CELfeenUgAA7taM.png

that's an awfully odd thing to say publicly about your top prospect in his first year as a pro?

Montresor

Christ, Mantha is 6-foot-5? Without knowing anything about this player's history, personality, actual playing skill, other than this is Detroit's best prospect - PLEASE TAKE PHANEUF FOR MANTHA.

Cake Boss

Banned
CELfeenUgAA7taM.png

that's an awfully odd thing to say publicly about your top prospect in his first year as a pro?

One that actually had a decent season for a rookie in a league that's not built on points.

.56PPG for a 20 year old rookie is a disappointment now.

Philips for Mantha.

zroid

Banned
lmao, apparently ESPN tweeted out that they "can confirm reports" about Shero after the Devils official account already posted it

then they deleted the tweet in embarrassment

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
lol Jake Gardiner scratched. Team USA is playing defenders who are barely NHLers and they scratch Gardiner. Great coaching yo.

Seeing Eichel in this tournament is a decent preview of how he will fare next year. Playing with NHL teammates against NHL opponents (sometimes).

He looks (very) good.

carlyle.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
A top, TOP source just texted me that Carolina has had discussions with Toronto about the Leafs grabbing the Canes' top pick in the draft for a package of players...

Update: Just told it could look something like Kessel, Kadri and a Third for Semin and Carolina's #1

More to come

EKLUND...MAH GAWD...STAHP! STAAAAAAAAAAAHP!

zroid

Banned
If he was born one day earlier, he would have been part of the 2012 draft class. His +1 draft production looks a lot less impressive when you consider he was the age of most players in their +2 draft seasons. He's overrated, and this season has shown it.

well, not saying I disagree necessarily

my point was really more about the organization explicitly telling the media they're very disappointed in a prospect. that's not normal.

calder

It's too much to copy/paste really, it's a huge block of text. Nice little bio on every guy.

He's got Marner at 3, Strome at 4 and Hanifin at 5. The biggest surprise for me was reading how close he has Marner and Eichel, with Eichel getting the nod at #2 mainly due to size and better defensive play.

dem

How far down does he have guys like Zacha and Kylington?

Where does he have the Q defensemen ranked? (Roy, Chabot, Zboril)

Cake Boss

Banned
15. Kylington-D, 16. Bracco-RW, 17. Sprong-RW, 18. Merkley-RW, 19. Roy-D

I just want Jansen Harkins with the sens first pick. Watched him in the under 18 tourny and its crazy how much he reminds me of Krecji.

Samyy

15. Kylington-D, 16. Bracco-RW, 17. Sprong-RW, 18. Merkley-RW, 19. Roy-D

I just want Jansen Harkins with the sens first pick. Watched him in the under 18 tourny and its crazy how much he reminds me of Krecji.

No, not this shit again!
Harkins is ours!

You already got Lazar!

Samyy

I wonder who would we get at 25th/26th

Do you know what Montreal might be looking for in terms of Org depth? With Fucale, Tokarski - unlikely you take a goalie. You've taken forwards in the past two draft yea, and have some promising forwards on the farm team. Maybe its time for another defencemen? In that case probably one of the Q dmen, Roy/Chabot/Zboril or a guy like Carlo.

Do you know what Montreal might be looking for in terms of Org depth? With Fucale, Tokarski - unlikely you take a goalie. You've taken forwards in the past two draft yea, and have some promising forwards on the farm team. Maybe its time for another defencemen? In that case probably one of the Q dmen, Roy/Chabot/Zboril or a guy like Carlo.

To be really honest I really wanted the Habs to Draft Denis Godla.

But you're right we need a solid D Man.Markov is getting older,he's getting slower.Beaulieu has a bright future ahead of him. Pateryn is a great Emelin Replacement IMO(Thanks Leafs). And Hopefully we Resign Petry.

I honestly believe some of the guys in the AHL now can be moved up into the team next season, Andrighetto,Hudon,and maybe Thomas

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Still lack a high end winger, and could use some young top 6 centres, but that's likely out of reach unless we get lucky.

The defensive depth is still fine IMO. Well, they're nearly all in the AHL at this point, so maybe we could use some more.

Samyy

Still lack a high end winger, and could use some young top 6 centres, but that's likely out of reach unless we get lucky.

The defensive depth is still fine IMO. Well, they're nearly all in the AHL at this point, so maybe we could use some more.

Yea thats what I was mainly getting too, no D prospects at the junior level that were taken in the first round.

In terms of centres/wingers...maybe you reach for Anthony Beauvillier? He's french!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yea thats what I was mainly getting too, no D prospects at the junior level that were taken in the first round.

In terms of centres/wingers...maybe you reach for Anthony Beauvillier? He's french!

Say no more!

"A dynamic scoring center with good hockey sense. Not very large in stature, but makes up for it in speed, skill, and cunning. A talented puck-handler with good hands: is equally efficient a passer as he is a goal scorer. All-in-all, an offensively minded center that can outplay the opposition in a number of different ways. Needs to work on disciplinerespek and getting stronger."

French, small, lacks strength, and takes penalties? It sounds like he already plays for the Habs.

Samyy

Say no more!

"A dynamic scoring center with good hockey sense. Not very large in stature, but makes up for it in speed, skill, and cunning. A talented puck-handler with good hands: is equally efficient a passer as he is a goal scorer. All-in-all, an offensively minded center that can outplay the opposition in a number of different ways. Needs to work on disciplinerespek and getting stronger."

French, small, lacks strength, and takes penalties? It sounds like he already plays for the Habs.

Need to lock up that Desharnais replacement!

Top Bottom