• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

calder

@NHLJets: Hellebuyck and Pavelec both named one of their respective team's Top 3 players for the #IIHFWorlds.

Cool. It'd sure be nice (and totally unexpected) if Pavelec can maintain some semblance of his recent good play into next season.

yyzjohn

Banned
I think he should stay in Detroit, its too late for him to try and help re-build a team. Especially Toronto with all that locker room drama and prima donna bullshit going on with kessel and Lupul. Talk about a team that needs to be be gutted right down to the prospects.

He'll probably go to Buffalo. They have a promising crop of forwards and will get even better with Eichel. Perfect time for Babcock to jump on board and shape them for success.

delta25

Banned
He'll probably go to Buffalo. They have a promising crop of forwards and will get even better with Eichel. Perfect time for Babcock to jump on board and shape them for success.

ya but how much time does he really have left, buffalo is still a good 4- 5 years from being playoff ready.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Cox and Elliotte Friedman also noted that the Leafs have narrowed their general manager search, with Jeff Gorton, Julien BriseBois, Mike Futa, and George McPhee all believed to be targets for Shanahan and Co.

Yawnier

Banned
I think he should stay in Detroit, its too late for him to try and help re-build a team. Especially Toronto with all that locker room drama and prima donna bullshit going on with kessel and Lupul. Talk about a team that needs to be be gutted right down to the prospects.

The writing has been on the wall with Kessel and Phaneuf especially considering what was said by some insiders (Lavoie) at the TDL on how the leafs management were working hard to move both of them. They are both good as gone, maybe even next month.

Moving Kessel and perhaps even waiting a year to see if he has a better season and possibly get a better return isn't a big concern for me, but moving guys like Phaneuf, Lupul and Bozak and getting something half decent for them does worry me because of their contracts and ages (shitty cap hits and term left for them especially for phagoof, thanks a lot nonuts). I would be okay with a less than good return on Phaneuf and those few players if it means not retaining salary for the next four or five plus years, because that is huge. Taking back a cap dump or two for the next 2 or 3 years in order to acquire some picks and prospects would be okay with me too, also in order not to retain salary.

Razorskin

----- ------
Cox and Elliotte Friedman also noted that the Leafs have narrowed their general manager search, with Jeff Gorton, Julien BriseBois, Mike Futa, and George McPhee all believed to be targets for Shanahan and Co.
JfuO9fW.jpg

zroid

Banned
I would be okay with a less than good return on Phaneuf and those few players if it means not retaining salary for the next four or five plus years, because that is huge. Taking back a cap dump or two for the next 2 or 3 years in order to acquire some picks and prospects would be okay with me too, also in order not to retain salary.

Phaneuf for Pulkkinen and Weiss, plssssss. Smith can come too.

Yawnier

Banned
Phaneuf for Pulkkinen and Weiss, plssssss. Smith can come too.

I wouldn't be opposed to a deal like this but I can't blame mgmt for not pulling the trigger say if a team in the west who were interested in him in the past, like the stars offers something too.

Parch

Canada will have a field day with the Russian defense.
Crosby will be able to just cycles all game long.
Concur. Canada has had all sorts of offensive success with the cycle and it sure looks like Russia doesn't have a lot of competent defencemen.
Luck's always a factor, but it should be Canadian gold.

Stet

Banned
so apparently putin played on the top line in an exhibition game with ex-nhlers and scored 8 goals.

i wonder if they somehow tilted the ice.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Saw this already, and pretty much everything they said is on point. Brian Wilde and Connor McKenna (two guys on the left) are two of my favourite guys covering the Habs. They both are straight up and call a spade a spade. Regarding Bergevin, he's always said little and let his actions speak for him, so I'll wait to see what he does this summer before I crucify him, although his comments don't have me hopeful at the moment. As McKenna said, Bergevin has always been about tempering expectations, which in this market isn't a bad way to go.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
With each passing day I become more convinced Babcock isn't going anywhere :/

There are days where I want him back but, as time has passed, I think it might be time to let Blashill take charge. The guy just seems to win with whatever roster he is handed.

Top Bottom