• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Russia's defence is really bad, they give the puck away without even getting challenged.

calder

I'm hypnotized watching how hypnotized the Russian defenders are by the puck in the corner. They just never see the guy coming down the slot lol.

ICKE

Banned
I think it's time for Oleg Znarok to beg for mercy again from Putin, just like when he was sent off in that match against Sweden.

Much respect to Canada, this team has been magnificent and the best gold medal winners in some time!

calder

This is probably the best Group of Forwards Canada has ever put together in my life time.

Second best. ;)

But it's hard to imagine a group of forwards better than this for the Worlds, unless there's a season killing lockout. Crazy talent top to bottom, when the Jets were eliminated Mark Scheifele expressed an interest in going but then Crosby made a call.

CFPHaLIW8AA4nIo.png

Think I found my new avatar.

ICKE

Banned
Really happy for Canada

That being said, I believe we should have the World Cup and Olympics every other year. That way we'd see these top players and the level of competition would stay high.

Parch

Good to hear they broke attendance records. They're disappointed with the results I'm sure, but everybody was having a blast during the tournament.

calder

Prague brings out an orchestra to classy up the anthem. Not bad, shame the team canada singing voices aren't quite up to par.

ICKE

Banned
So do you guys think this is the best team that has ever won the World Championships?

You really have to go back to the late 70's and make comparisons with the Soviet Union, because this tournament was a blowout.

zroid

Banned
Hockey Canada probably lobbied extra hard to take an especially stacked roster this year because of the 1,000,000 CHF bonus prize :lol

that'll pay some bills

Hockey Canada probably lobbied extra hard to take an especially stacked roster this year because of the 1,000,000 CHF bonus prize :lol

that'll pay some bills

Probably just enough to fund a couple of kids through junior hockey lol.

Expensive sport. Kind of hope my kid doesn't want to do it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I don't think McDavid will be ruined with Todd McLellan as Coach

I'm curious to see who the Sabres hire as head coach. They're also gonna need someone who will use Eichel to his full potential. From what I saw in this tournament, Eichel looked every bit as good as McDavid.

Quick

Banned
I don't think McDavid will be ruined with Todd McLellan as Coach

I'm also thinking that maybe McLellan (and the team he brings in) can put Yakupov's development back on track, too.

What I'm really curious about with the hiring of Chiarelli and possible hiring of McLellan is if the Oilers have learned their lesson with hiring anyone from the old boys club there. Not to say that everyone in their dynasty era is inept at running the team, but their prestige seemed to be a big part of why some of them were hired and re-hired.

zroid

Banned
So do you guys think this is the best team that has ever won the World Championships?

You really have to go back to the late 70's and make comparisons with the Soviet Union, because this tournament was a blowout.

it was surprising how stacked the forward group was, just kind of fell into place somehow, based on who was out of the playoffs and healthy. Canada seemed better than usual, and the other top nations seemed worse than usual.

Socreges

Banned
it was surprising how stacked the forward group was, just kind of fell into place somehow, based on who was out of the playoffs and healthy. Canada seemed better than usual, and the other top nations seemed worse than usual.
This was huge. So often these guys are eliminated but they need to begin/continue rehabbing. And North American players are less likely to sacrifice for the WHC.

Top Bottom