• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

OnPoint

I'm curious to see who the Sabres hire as head coach. They're also gonna need someone who will use Eichel to his full potential. From what I saw in this tournament, Eichel looked every bit as good as McDavid.

My prayer is Babcock, as though that needs to be said. He'll be good not just for Eichel, but the other kids the team has coming up. That said, there are a lot of good coaches on the market.

CFQIrn3W0AEqa6X.jpg

Quick

Banned
I want to say that's Giroux and he's so fucking pale that his light brown shorts just blend in with his skin, but I don't know.

Socreges

Banned
Ni No Kuni seems awesome... but pretty saccharine. I'm not big on anime though I do like Studio Ghibli. I dunno... 40 hours of cutesiness seems rough. Am I mistaken? Is that only how the game starts? Is it just the art style for the main characters and it's otherwise tolerable?

Edit - tried the demo...... never mind

Quick

Banned
Anybody collect watches here?

I'm not a big watch wearer (haven't worn one in years), but I'm recently seeing the appeal of watches. I just ordered a Citizen watch and was wondering if anyone here can vouch for their quality as watch makers. All the reviews I've read for it have been positive, but an NHL-GAF hot take would be cool, too.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lmaoo this coach with no pro experience is so good that they didn't even bother interviewing other established NHL coaches first like Babcock, Mcllelan, Deboer etc.

Flolers

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hextall hiring Hakstol is hilarious, I thought it was a joke at first.

Anybody collect watches here?

I'm not a big watch wearer (haven't worn one in years), but I'm recently seeing the appeal of watches. I just ordered a Citizen watch and was wondering if anyone here can vouch for their quality as watch makers. All the reviews I've read for it have been positive, but an NHL-GAF hot take would be cool, too.

I love watches, Citizen watches are great mid-range watches. Which one are you getting?

Curufinwe

I would have liked McLellan but since he seems set on staying out West I think a fresh face who works well with younger guys is a great choice with Morin, Gostisbehere, Sanheim and Provorov/Barzal/Crouse/Rantanen/Connor on the way.

Quick

Banned
Hextall hiring Hakstol is hilarious, I thought it was a joke at first.

I love watches, Citizen watches are great mid-range watches. Which one are you getting?

Good to know I made a good choice. I ended up getting an AW1361.

Do you recommend any other brands to check out? I wouldn't mind picking up another pair to alternate with.

is he talking about his "red and green" shots again? (or whatever it is)

he's always going on about that lol

I don't remember it exactly but basically if the goalie has a sightline of the puck for a half second or more the success rate for shooters is 3% these playoffs.

Holtby was 136/136 against the Rangers.

Basically said that games are being won on broken plays these playoffs.

Success rate on Lundqvist is 2/26 when it comes to broken plays though :lol

The average in the regular season was one goal per 2.2 broken plays.

calder

is he talking about his "red and green" shots again? (or whatever it is)

he's always going on about that lol
Every guy who thinks he's cracked shot quality ends up sounding like a street preacher standing on a milk carton yelling about the End Times. At first it all sounds rational and a bit promising, but then they start yammering about how a secret math showed them the 'royal road' and now they need RFID chips implanted in everyone at birth and you realize they're just as nuts as the others.

Top Bottom