• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
Time to play...My Flyer Is Also Named Bort

bort_2.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Klod Garouw: Capitalist scum from the USSR - The United States of Stalin Russia.
Brendan Shanne: Good Susk Boy from Vagina, Suskatoon.
Duke Shanne: Norris trophy winner, not related to Brendan.
Wayne Simmons: The Tronnah, Awntario native.
Shane Cotornier: Good Old Brunswick Kid, mouth full of teeth.
Mike Straight: The first ever NHL player from Swaziland.
JR Hamburger: RW for the Flyers, also started his own chain of vegan restaurants.
Zeke Ronaldo: 50-goal scorer for the Flyers.
Jay Amery: Best goaltender in the league.
Mitchell Dal Zukko: He's okay.

Pikma

Banned
Time to play...My Flyer Is Also Named Bort

bort_2.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Klod Garouw: Capitalist scum from the USSR - The United States of Stalin Russia.
Brendan Shanne: Good Susk Boy from Vagina, Suskatoon.
Duke Shanne: Norris trophy winner, not related to Brendan.
Wayne Simmons: The Tronnah, Awntario native.
Shane Cotornier: Good Old Brunswick Kid, mouth full of teeth.
Mike Straight: The first ever NHL player from Swaziland.
JR Hamburger: RW for the Flyers, also started his own chain of vegan restaurants.
Zeke Ronaldo: 50-goal scorer for the Flyers.
Jay Amery: Best goaltender in the league.
Mitchell Dal Zukko: He's okay.
:lol

Babs can go to the Sharks or stay. Recent interview seems like he wasn't feeling Toronto or Buffalo, which I totally understand since both are a ways away from competing... Leafs especially ;)

Then we'll just move Blash up, sign Green, trade Weiss plus an unsigned Dan Cleary for Captain my Captain, and all will be well!

Been playing the Witcher 3, have a 750 TI and I'm running it on high with a 30 FPS cap, seems to run pretty well considering my processor is outdated. Game is very well optomized compared to the Witcher 2.

I have a 980 and a 4790k and it runs between 40-60 on ultra here. Cut scenes dip to 30 though.

I'm guessing you have hair works on? Heard it kills the frame rate. I definitely get some stutters, but I'm just glad I can run it with my computer. Game must look great on Ultra though, one day...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For Avs fans :

Two members of @Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy's staff have handed in their resignation. André Tourigny and Mario Duhamel are leaving team

they actually acknowledged that trope in episode 11. I laughed.
I think that's the episode I'm on now. Not really a fan of the contestants this year besides Sara.

zroid

Banned
I think that's the episode I'm on now. Not really a fan of the contestants this year besides Sara.

I like a few of them but not as much as last year. Still early though, plenty of contestants that we haven't got to know yet so that could change.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like a few of them but not as much as last year. Still early though, plenty of contestants that we haven't got to know yet so that could change.
True. I forgot about Reynold, he's really been impressive so far.

I'm actually glad about that, our PP sucked it'd be nice to get some new coaches on staff to see if they can help.

Neither of them were responsible for the powerplay. Tourigny was the defense coach. Duhamel was the video coach. I'd really like it if Foote doesn't get himself involved as the defense coach. Lets just avoid the Old Boys Club before we go full Edmonton.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm torn between wanting him to stay so he doesn't go, to wanting Blash to be given a chance with the Wings (and not some other team).

At first I wanted him to stay, but he has to be part of the reason they are stuck in the rut they're in. A fresh start with Blashill could help.

Larionov don't give a fuck.

The problem is more philosophical and starts way before players get to the NHL. It’s easier to destroy than to create. As a coach, it’s easier to tell your players to suffocate the opposing team and not turn the puck over. There are still players whose imagination and creativity capture the Soviet spirit — Johnny Gaudreau in Calgary, Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews in Chicago just to name a few. However, they are becoming exceptions to the rule. Many young players who are intelligent and can see the game four moves ahead are not valued. They’re told “simple, simple, simple.”

That mentality is kind of boring. Nobody wants to get fired. Nobody wants to get sent down to the minors. If you look at the coaches in Juniors and minor league hockey, many of them were not skill players. It’s a lot of former enforcers and grinders who take these coaching jobs. Naturally, they tell their players to be just like them. Their players are 17, 18 years old — younger than I was when I joined the Red Army team. Say what you want about the Whiplash mentality (or the Soviet mentality), but if coaches are going to push kids at that age, why are they pushing them to play a simple game? Why aren’t coaches pushing them to create a masterpiece?

An article he wrote back in February.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/miracle-on-ice-hockey-russia/

He's Galchenyuk's agent.

zroid

Banned
Never saw this article on Tyler Johnson posted on ESPN in April.

Interesting part:

In all, nine teams came with offers for the player they all could have drafted if everyone hadn't been scared off by his size.

This was the moment that made being passed over in the draft perfectly fine. Johnson had his choice of NHL teams with whom to pursue a career in hockey, a career he wasn't always so sure was coming. In fact, he was uncertain enough to do job-shadowing in the medical profession with aspirations of becoming an anesthesiologist.

Johnson sat down with his dad and they looked at rosters. They tried to make projections, with the expectation that it would take a couple years in the American League to get his NHL shot.

There was even a coaching projection. The Blackhawks wanted him and Johnson was close with Bill Peters, then the coach of Chicago's AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs, after playing for Peters his first season in Spokane.

Peters wanted him badly in Chicago. After two or three conversations, Johnson sprung a question on Peters.

"How many years left do you have on your deal?" Johnson asked Peters.

"One left," Peters answered.

"You're going to go to the NHL," Johnson predicted.

He was right, and it wasn't likely to be in Chicago. Johnson was smart enough to recognize it, and one year later Peters was working for Mike Babcock with the Detroit Red Wings.

So he was a nail's breadth away from signing with Chicago... but didn't for the reason stated

Pikma

Banned
I hate the Texas hockey media. They're the Polygon of sports, tons of shitty analysis that only produces tons of shitty conclusions and shitty opinions presented as fact, etc. Gosselin is one of the few guys worth following and even he comes up with some ridiculously speculative pieces from time to time, like yesterday when he mentioned signing Seabrook was a possibility for the Stars because why not, basically. I also read an article the other day where the author said Flames would get rid of Ramo and that Dallas would probably sign him. Pfffft

Tales from the ass indeed...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The KHL is falling apart and A Gally isn't even a real Russian anyways ;)

This screams "negotiation scare tactics" to me.

Top Bottom