• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Samyy

I hate the Texas hockey media. They're the Polygon of sports, tons of shitty analysis that only produces tons of shitty conclusions and shitty opinions presented as fact, etc. Gosselin is one of the few guys worth following and even he comes up with some ridiculously speculative pieces from time to time, like yesterday when he mentioned signing Seabrook was a possibility for the Stars because why not, basically. I also read an article the other day where the author said Flames would get rid of Ramo and that Dallas would probably sign him. Pfffft

Tales from the ass indeed...

Basically sounds like TO media

CFYRvNSUIAEMTKe.png

Dat Burakovsky.

Dat Beagle. D:

Neither of them were responsible for the powerplay. Tourigny was the defense coach. Duhamel was the video coach. I'd really like it if Foote doesn't get himself involved as the defense coach. Lets just avoid the Old Boys Club before we go full Edmonton.

Yeah, I though Tim Army was leaving too. I wish he did. Unfortunately, the Foote thing seems almost certain. I was glad yesterday when we hired an assistant gm who wasn't from the organization, though if we hire Foote as the defensive coach it'll be one step forward two steps back in that regard.

The Witcher 3 is so great, been playing on the hardest difficulty and fights are really rewarding. The world's scale is great. Big cities actually feel like cities , unlike Skyrim. Side quests are all pretty good too, they have enough narrative in them to keep them interesting.

Solo

AGally will sign a lowball 2 year deal after much shit-flinging, ala Subban in 2012. The difference here though is that AGally will probably sign an offer sheet and leave in 2017 while DD gets a 7 year extension and permission to wear The Rocket's #9.

AGally will sign a lowball 2 year deal after much shit-flinging, ala Subban in 2012. The difference here though is that AGally will probably sign an offer sheet and leave in 2017 while DD gets a 7 year extension and permission to wear The Rocket's #9.

1tLwbCz.png

ZeroGravity

Never saw this article on Tyler Johnson posted on ESPN in April.

Interesting part:

So he was a nail's breadth away from signing with Chicago... but didn't for the reason stated
Having an NHL legend as a GM also sometimes helps:

"He ended up calling my dad and my dad is a huge Steve Yzerman fan," Johnson told ESPN.com. "I ended up getting a phone call from my dad 20 minutes later and he sounded like he just won the lottery. He was the happiest guy on earth."

zroid

Banned
Maple Leafs Make AHL Coaching Changes
Toronto Maple Leafs’ Assistant General Manager Kyle Dubas announced changes to the Toronto Marlies coaching staff on Tuesday as Gord Dineen will not return as head coach. Dineen however has been offered a position to remain on as an associate coach while the Club announced it will begin its search for a new head coach immediately. Associate coach Derek King was relieved of his duties while assistant coach Ben Simon has been offered another position within the organization.

as expected

Bring on the Keefe

Samyy

The KHL is falling apart and A Gally isn't even a real Russian anyways ;)

This screams "negotiation scare tactics" to me.

Uh the big clubs are still rich, they can pay easy.
Not that I think its likely, but just pointing out theres still money that could be made for high profile NHLers.

Samyy

Game of Thrones.

Wow.

Again.

Yea, that was a bit much for me.
I'm not as upset as other people, and I definitely think the criticisms are valid considering (RELATED BOOK SPOILER!!!!)
this one actually never even happened in the books so it feels like an attempt at creating interest/convtroversy
and for that particular character
character seemed to be going somewhere, I wanted strong Sansa :(, not sure what will happen now...

Basically just gonna stop and read Martin's version of the story first now.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Uh the big clubs are still rich, they can pay easy.
Not that I think its likely, but just pointing out theres still money that could be made for high profile NHLers.

I agree, but there's a reason why no prominent NHLers, including Russian players, want to go over there and the few high profile players that are there right now(Kovy) are rumoured to want back into the NHL.

Curufinwe

I'm not as upset as other people, and I definitely think the criticisms are valid considering (RELATED BOOK SPOILER!!!!)
this one actually never even happened in the books so it feels like an attempt at creating interest/convtroversy
character seemed to be going somewhere, I wanted strong Sansa :(, not sure what will happen now...

After reading on the GoT wiki page for episode 6 how
Martin handles Ramsey's marriage in the books
I'm never going to read them. I thought I might when the show had caught up, but it sounds way, way, way too gross for me to handle. And I don't know why what happened means the character isn't still going somewhere and can't be strong.
Dany sure went somewhere strong after her own awful wedding night.

Foggy

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-the-last-days-of-babwatch/

20. Would not be surprised if Montreal is one of the teams in on Kerby Rychel, who may not be a Blue Jacket much longer. Columbus is looking for defencemen and is loaded with good, young forwards.

A 20-year-old two years removed from being a first-round pick is hard to find, so there’s going to be a market. Rychel had concussion issues last season, but word is he’s cleared.

Smells like the Jackets are revisiting a possibility to trade for Emelin, although back at the trade deadline Anisimov was going to be packaged. Not sure what's up with this now, but I'm sure this pleases all you Habs people who are lusting for Emelin to be dealt.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Better spoilertag that Curu, episode isn't that long over yet

but yeah I never read the books so I only have the TV version to go by and book readers should really stop yelling "IT'S NOT IN THE BOOKS" when it's pretty clear how the show has started going a different way. I mean, the show will PASS the books soon, what are the readers gonna yell then?

but yeah, that was intense. Not sure I agree, but wow. Game of Thrones indeed.

North Dakota weather fucking sucks.

Scraping frost off windows in the morning nearing the end of may.

Afternoons sunny with beautiful blue skies and birds chirping and then you go outside and it's 45.

This is some fucking sweat I tell you what.

Fei

The Buffalo News is getting close to calling Babwatch for Buffalo:

@ByTimGraham: Source familiar tells me Mike Babcock down to Buffalo and Detroit, confidently predicts Buffalo's big money will be choice. Toronto is out.

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' huge offer will persuade Mike Babcock and family to leave Detroit, source in NHL coaching fraternity says. http://t.co/idgK2t1c86

I'm just going to keep still until we get more, but hard not to get excited right now.

The Buffalo News is getting close to calling Babwatch for Buffalo:

@ByTimGraham: Source familiar tells me Mike Babcock down to Buffalo and Detroit, confidently predicts Buffalo's big money will be choice. Toronto is out.

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' huge offer will persuade Mike Babcock and family to leave Detroit, source in NHL coaching fraternity says. http://t.co/idgK2t1c86

I'm just going to keep still until we get more, but hard not to get excited right now.

I don't think Babs will leave Detroit.

But who knows? Babcock coaching Eichel and Todd Coaching McDavid sounds scary

Samyy

Sweet the Leafs will probably be the worst in the atlantic next year!!

Seriously though....

Tampa Bay - Stamkos/Johnson/Hedman/Kucherov
Montreal - Price/Subban/Pacioretty
Detroit - Zetterberg/Datsuyk/Nyquist/ Grand Rapids Griffins
Ottawa - Karlsson/Stone/all the franchise goalies
Boston - Bergeron/Rask
Florida - Barkov/Ekblad/Luongo
Buffalo - Eichel/Reinhart/Ristolainen/Kane

Toronto - Kadri/Rielly/Bernier?

:*(

yyzjohn

Banned

Seriously though....

Boston - Bergeron/Rask

That frowny face makes me think you expected something better? Have you not been watching the last 10 years?

Yawnier

Banned

Seriously though....

Boston - Bergeron/Rask

That young groovy stats darling Tyson Bozak is pretty good, too.

Samyy

That frowny face makes me think you expected something better? Have you not been watching the last 10 years?

No basically just sad to see how badly the last 5-6 years went for us, quite shocking.
Every team in the Atlantic is trending up besides Detroit and Boston, who are still quite strong (relative to the Leafs at least!)

Quick

Banned
That's some out of the box thinking.

Not a bad idea, both to collect some draft picks and for coaches to get their big break.

I wonder if the Leafs would be willing to tap into the Europeab coaching market. There's probably some untapped potential there.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Game of Thrones.

Wow.

Again.

I am done with the show. I knew it was going to happen ever since I found out what storyline
Sansa
was going to be involved in.

Book stuff:
Well, technically it happens in the book, just not to Sansa. It was a stupid, unnecessary change. But seriously this is the third time they've added rape to a character that does not happen in the book.

Honestly, I'm just going to stick to the books.

Top Bottom