• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wandered over to the Leafs hf board. Everybody there is an idiot. Posters there are calling Strome a bust because he "disappeared in the playoffs"
I went to the Habs board to see what a scout had to say about this up coming draft and there's thread entitled "When do we start blaming Timmins?" aka the guy who built this team. Just reinforced why I don't read that garbage.

Merguson

Banned
I went to the Habs board to see what a scout had to say about this up coming draft and there's thread entitled "When do we start blaming Timmins?" aka the guy who built this team. Just reinforced why I don't read that garbage.

Timmins was a mistake. He's nothing but trash.

RevoDS

Timmins was a mistake. He's nothing but trash.
Timmins is the reason the Habs weren't in the Lottery. Price aside (although Price himself is there because of Timmins), he's the single biggest component of the Habs' season. I don't see how you could blame him for Therrien's dubious system or for a few players failing to develop as fast as expected. Ultimately, Timmins' job is to find talent and he's brought tons of that to Montreal. He's done his job and then some.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Finally finished Witcher 2 and started 3... and uh... Did Ubisoft make this? Why does it feel like it's another Assassin's Creed goddamnit :lol Feels sooo different from Witcher 2.

I don't know why People hate God of War. I think they are Soild Character Action Games.

But I hope the PS4 God of war is a different character than Kratos.

Yawnier

Banned
I don't know why People hate God of War. I think they are Soild Character Action Games.

But I hope the PS4 God of war is a different character than Kratos.

Most of them in the series are good games except for perhaps the first one on the PSP, but I think half the thing with them is that they are all just so god damn similar to each other, and for that reason I find GOW is one of the easiest series in gaming to get fatigued from.

zroid

Banned
I'm decently confident with how I feel the Top 5 will play out:

Edmonton: McDavid
Buffalo: Eichel
Arizona: Strome
Toronto: Marner
Arizona: Hanifin

Then my best guess for 6-10:

New Jersey: Barzal
Philadelphia: Crouse
Columbus: Provorov
San Jose: Zacha
Colorado: Werenski

Rantanen and Connor will likely be in the Top 15, but I'm not sure who will take them. I doubt either one passes the Kings at 13.

Flyera :(

Provorov scares me. Columbus is going to be so good when they're healthy.

Curufinwe

They need to move on from Kratos and escalating ultra-violence, but I don't think people hate God of War. It's just that Ascension was one game too many. Kind of like Gears of War Judgement.

New Vegas avec mods. Though if your buzz is just to wander around and experience the map, Fallout 3 is much better.

Finally finished Witcher 2 and started 3... and uh... Did Ubisoft make this? Why does it feel like it's another Assassin's Creed goddamnit :lol Feels sooo different from Witcher 2.

It's W2 plus 201x open world map design. You have all the story/side/monster quests of W2 (and W1) and a large map filled with things to uncover.

At least in W3, things seem to make sense for being there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
New Vegas avec mods. Though if your buzz is just to wander around and experience the map, Fallout 3 is much better.

It's W2 plus 201x open world map design. You have all the story/side/monster quests of W2 (and W1) and a large map filled with things to uncover.

At least in W3, things seem to make sense for being there.

With the sprinting and jumping and the map having all sorts of symbols and question marks over it, it reminded me of it. Witcher 2 didn't have "GO HERE THERE'S STH COOL HERE" symbols, you had to go find it yourself :( With the question marks it feels more like AC lol. Will see how the storytelling goes. Also hated how all they key bindings changed between 2 and 3, I moved it all around so now it plays nearly like 2 lol. that gamepad optimization -.-

Holy shit I'm so tired of dealing with inept insurance companies. How many fucking times are you gonna pull someone out of treatment early for their eating disorder only to have them relapse so you can pay for another month that won't be enough?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm decently confident with how I feel the Top 5 will play out:

Edmonton: McDavid
Buffalo: Eichel
Arizona: Strome
Toronto: Marner
Arizona: Hanifin

Then my best guess for 6-10:

New Jersey: Barzal
Philadelphia: Crouse
Columbus: Provorov
San Jose: Zacha
Colorado: Werenski

Rantanen and Connor will likely be in the Top 15, but I'm not sure who will take them. I doubt either one passes the Kings at 13.
Who do the Leafs take with NSH's pick you think? We got holes everywhere...

I also get the sense we're going to get another 1st even if it's mid to late round. This is the year to stock up on 1st round picks.

zroid

Banned
I can't decide if I want to play the Splatoon demo right now. I'm worried I'll just have withdrawals again for the next week. <_>

Yawnier

Banned
Who do the Leafs take with NSH's pick you think? We got holes everywhere...

I also get the sense we're going to get another 1st even if it's mid to late round. This is the year to stock up on 1st round picks.

Imo, they need to go with whoever the scouts who survived the great purge of last month think is the BPA at #24. Just like you said there are big holes in the farm system everywhere and they can't afford to be picky over what position to draft with that pick, perhaps if they were already 3 or 4 years into this rebuild thing I could see them drafting based on positional need instead with a pick like that.

There is a decent combo of forwards and defencemen projected to go in that 20 to 30 range, so I think its hard to say who will be picked rn. It won't shock me if they go with a CHL kid though, someone who several of the big guys in management would be familiar with.

Pikma

Banned
Lol the servers for today's Splatoon testfire shat the bed

:(

I can't decide if I want to play the Splatoon demo right now. I'm worried I'll just have withdrawals again for the next week. <_>
Don't worry, it's not happening anyway, managed to play just one match now the server died and no one can play

why do I have to spend time watching a bunch of men make themselves look like idiots on a baseball field when I could be doing actual productive things

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Lol the servers for today's Splatoon testfire shat the bed

:(

Got into a match super quick the first time, then tried staying in the same lobby, some people left and it eventually kicked me out of that one. Then spent 10 minutes trying to find another one.

Got to level 16 in that minigame waiting, eventually just restarted my Wii U because there's no other way to get back to the menu.

Top Bottom