• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Watched a bit of the Memorial Cup, I was presently surprised by Freddy Goat. Slow as fuck, but has excellent positioning and wins battles consistently. I know he's old now, but it'd be nice if he turned into a third line centre possession beast.
That worries me actually...

He's better be fucking awesome at winning puck battles and face offs. Sigh...COME ON, MONTREAL! HE'S BIG, WINS FACEOFFS, AND HE'S FRENCH! GOD. DAMMIT.

zroid

Banned
Jay McClement 2.0

hopefully he can improve his skating when he's with the Marlies. that was something which stood out to me at the WJC.

Quick

Banned
When your ex-bae be like "I want us back"

@DaveAMcCarthy said:
Franson to #TSN1050 on if he'd return to #Leafs as UFA: "100%. I'm hopeful Toronto is in the mix. I'm hoping they're 1 of teams that calls."

@DaveAMcCarthy said:
Franson on Babcock to #Leafs: "I definitely thinks it makes them more interesting, more intriguing to free agents." #TSN1050 #NHL

6355306619115431601235274467_P5pPWWks_400x400.jpeg

The Cock factor already working.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Franson back and to see what Babcock does with him.

zroid

Banned
I'd like to personally thank Franson and Nashville for not only giving us Leipsic and a 1st but for colluding to drop his perceived value so Toronto will be the only team willing to pay market value... maybe even sub-market value!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I think Franson deserves better from us, I'd rather use that cap space to take on garbage that comes with picks and prospects. Why are we signing a 4D for possible 5-7 million if we know we're going to stink?

zroid

Banned
As much as I think Franson deserves better from us, I'd rather use that cap space to take on garbage that comes with picks and prospects. Why are we signing a 4D for possible 5-7 million if we know we're going to stink?

If they trade phaneuf, which they probably will, I think Leafs will need/want a veteran top 4 defenceman. I think he could easily be their captain. Do you really want the top pairing to be Rielly and Gardiner next year? That's like borderline Oilers. We also really need a RHD. Without Franson signed the Leafs RHD depth is Polak, Robidas, and Granberg. that's... bad.

that said, 5 million cap hit is probably the max

for the record I wouldn't sign Franson unless they trade Dion

zroid

Banned
I would love for Gardiner-Franson to be our top pair next year

it's like an analytics dream.

just imagine how angry it would make Steve Simmons!

Franson at age 31 will make Phaneuf look like Bobby Orr.

With the sprinting and jumping and the map having all sorts of symbols and question marks over it, it reminded me of it. Witcher 2 didn't have "GO HERE THERE'S STH COOL HERE" symbols, you had to go find it yourself :( With the question marks it feels more like AC lol. Will see how the storytelling goes. Also hated how all they key bindings changed between 2 and 3, I moved it all around so now it plays nearly like 2 lol. that gamepad optimization -.-

Did you use the combat mod in W2?

I think you can turn off those markers off in W3.

zroid

Banned
i'm not going to have this argument, but if you guys are really basing your opinion of a player on one silly gaffe, well I don't know what to tell you

Quick

Banned
i'm not going to have this argument, but if you guys are really basing your opinion of a player on one silly gaffe, well I don't know what to tell you

Zroid's controller is wired, so he doesn't get any controller disconnect issues.

I'm glad that the Leafs got Babcock, because I didn't believe he'd come here based on the reports. I have a lot of respect for that guy, and know he's the best option going forward.

However, you can't win with just a coach. You need players. A team. The Leafs are far from that, especially with their lackadaisical, overpaid 'superstars.'

Here's hoping, though. I'm glad we have a plan and people in place who know how to win. I want a full, proper rebuild, and will patiently wait for it.

Right now, I just want the Gens to win the Memorial Cup.

I wouldn't mind Franson signing with the Leafs for market value if it's a short-term contact, maybe 3 years max. If Phaneuf really is going to be traded (I have my doubts, I don't feel he's a locker-room issue or bad player, just overpaid), we'll need a veteran D to avoid putting our young players in that position until they're ready. If he wants long-term, I'd think he'd have to take a large discount for the Leafs to want him - on a good team, he's not a top 3 D and while driving possession pretty well, he's not good enough on the defensive end for that kind of position. Leafs have to learn to manage their cap well now going forward and don't give out large contracts unless they're sure the player's worth it.

Top Bottom