• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

imBask

Banned
i'm a peaceful person, I don't actually hate anyone here

00000000000000048926.png

unless you live in Florida and don't go to your $15 games you ungrateful undeserving bastards

Quick

Banned
https://twitter.com/LAKingsPR/status/646037475266326528

Kings Announce New Off-Ice Conduct Awareness Training Initiatives

The Los Angeles Kings today announced a series of new off-ice Conduct Awareness Training Initiatives that will take effect prior to the start of the 2015-16 season and will reflect the values and principles of the franchise.

“During the past year, we have been extremely diligent in developing an educational strategy and comprehensive programs in an effort to ensure that the troubling incidents that occurred last season are not repeated,” said Dan Beckerman, chief executive of AEG. “We have conducted research, gathered information and forged partnerships that will better prepare our players and staff for challenges that could impact their behavior away from the workplace.’’

Highlighting today’s announcement is the Kings’ new partnership with Peace Over Violence, a violence prevention center headquartered in Los Angeles. As part of this new partnership, the Kings and Peace Over Violence (POV) will create a promotional campaign entitled “Kings Over Violence” in an effort to create a platform to significantly increase awareness against violence. Within this campaign, the Kings will seek to support the goals of POV, which is dedicated to building healthy relationships, families and communities free from sexual, domestic and interpersonal violence.

In addition to the POV / Kings Over Violence program, the club is adding:

- The Herren Project, aimed at better educating players about the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Sexual harassment training.
- A conduct awareness program created by the Kings’ owner, AEG Sports properties.
- A new Player Assistance position, which will focus on the challenges of addiction and substance abuse, has been created. The Kings have hired former NHL player Brantt Myhres for this position.

Kings President / General Manager Dean Lombardi said: “These programs are now part of the development process for all of our players. No longer can we solely focus on their growth and education as just hockey players; we need to give them the tools to thrive as people, too. These programs will extend to their family lives and empower them with strategies to best manage their positive development off the ice.”

Kings President, Business Operations Luc Robitaille said: “As an organization, we have very high standards and we do not tolerate behavior that does not represent the core values that define us. We are taking a stand but also embracing the opportunity to enhance our understanding of these important issues and to work together to raise awareness both in our industry and in our community.”

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Richards calls Subban immature and classless 5 years ago, now he's going to be suspended for doing oxy while Subban donates $10 M to a children's hospital.

Quick

Banned
Babcock is pairing Gardiner and Rielly together. The media's putting this out as a big deal, but haven't they already been paired a few times already throughout last season?

I'm not really shocked or surprised.

Socreges

Banned
Richards calls Subban immature and classless 5 years ago, now he's going to be suspended for doing oxy while Subban donates $10 M to a children's hospital.
Subban is awesome off-ice, arguably still immature and classless on-ice.

Richards is...man, the fuck happened to that guy.

Coke?

Cindro

Ugh.

"Welcome to the team! Here is your brochure on how not to hit people off the ice. Don't forget on Thursday we are having our weekly 3 hour seminar "becoming a good person". Remember: smile :)"
What on earth is wrong with you? More resources to help people in any profession cope with problems in ways that don't involve violence is a good thing. Good lord.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lineup change for the Rangers tonight. Dan Boyle is out, Kevin Klein is in. Boyle's not injured, apparently they just want to see Skjei paired with Klein instead.

Samyy

What on earth is wrong with you? More resources to help people in any profession cope with problems in ways that don't involve violence is a good thing. Good lord.

I don't think hes pissed they're implementing these programs, he's angry his team has exhibited such awful behaviour that such measures are necessary.
Relax

Pikma

Banned
So I was about to order a cap from Lids but then noticed dat 4.99 ground shipping which almost negates the item's discount.

Sigh... I guess I'll have to order more than one.

Calamari41

41 > 38

He finds it ridiculous that grown-ass adults apparently need to sit down in class and study in order to learn the fact that you shouldn't beat your wife's face in if she upsets you. I agree with The Clivefrog.

News for DucksGAF.

John Gibbons signed a 3 year contract extension worth 6.9M

John Gibbons is my favorite, glad to have him on board.

love too watch the Jonathon Gabsor. Love hockey. Love too see Gerbsuan make the big saves and score a touchdown. Howzat!

Good thing we signed him, because we're fucked next season.

@gregbeacham: Ducks RFAs next summer include Andersen, Lindholm, Vatanen, Rakell, Despres, Sekac. Bob Murray implies that some are playing hardball.

CUP OR BUST YEAR

I'm best friends with Malcom Subban. This is impossible.

I mean I know we're joking and all but did you really just use the "but I have black friends!" card?

He finds it ridiculous that grown-ass adults apparently need to sit down in class and study in order to learn the fact that you shouldn't beat your wife's face in if she upsets you. I agree with The Clivefrog.

In LA it makes a lot of sense. Most of them are raised on shitty aggressive and selfish egotistical culture.

It's almost weird that of any place to implement Sharia law in the Western world, where it would actually make a rare positive difference, LA makes the most sense.

Even Stone Age archaic barbaric sexist laws are more peaceful than LAs shitty toxic culture.

Don't forget not to rape people. I roll my eyes at work too. It's common sense stuff. I will not sexually harass people in the office. I wait until after hours.

Top Bottom