• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

imBask

Banned
The stealth against the infected was incredibly tense. The fight against David was even more tense, though.

I do agree that it was frustrating. I remember not touching the game for over a week due to frustration over certain areas that required almost perfect stealth.

I haven't even touched Left Behind, and I bought the season pass (the first and last time I will do this). I learned my lesson about never buying season passes at launch.

the first couple of infected rooms were tense... after that it was "oh another one of those..."

cutscene, challenge room, cutscene, challenge room, rinse, repeat

Calamari41

41 > 38
My favorite part of the Uncharted games would be when you stumble into a big room full of enemies and twenty minutes later you're still shooting from behind the same piece of cover.

I actually did really enjoy those games, though.

Sanjuro

I enjoyed the Uncharted games a lot, but I prefer the more open world nature of the new Tomb Raider games.

I was really surprised how fun the reboot Tomb Raider was. It brought back feelings of that perfect weekend rental type game.

Never touched the Uncharted games though.

Crackdown is the only 360 exclusive I enjoyed.

TLOU is an odd one. The story was good enough for me to ignore some of the really annoying sections/mechanics. But I didn't find that same relief when I played the DLC. You know in advance how the story will unfold, and for me that lifted all the jarring/annoying things Naughty Dog force you to do right to the forefront.

Quick

Banned
Hey, I have no problem with Marner talk. Or Leafs talk generally, of course. Because that relates to the sport of ice hockey.

Jays and Raptors stuff. You don't see the Rangers, Flyers, Ducks, Bruins, Hawks, etc etc etc fans talking about the other sports teams they follow. :p

You spoiler-tagging son of a bitch.

I'll keep that in mind for next time. Sorry, Soc. :)

Curufinwe

Uncharted 2 was somewhat defendable until that last boss, basically the worst final game sequence I've ever had to suffer through.

That boss was fine for me on Normal. On Hard it was total nightmare. On Crushing I used a glitch to beat him.

I actually found TLoU less frustrating than Uncharted 3, which had that god-awful sandstorm level full of snipers and dudes with RPGs you could hardly make out.

I'll quickly rank rank the third person-shooters I played last gen and this gen so far.

Vanquish
TLoUR
Uncharted 2
Alan Wake
Tomb Raider
RE 5
Dead Space 2
Dead Space
Uncharted
The Evil Within (PS4)
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Uncharted 3
RE 6
Binary Domain
Gears of War

calder

Yeah, really need to know how this shakes out before I freak out or cheer.

Obviously, the website shit is an obvious win - NHL.com and all it's teams sites are outdated garbage. MLBAM does great things, in a lot of ways far better than any other league, so that should be good as well. They can maybe make the advanced stats the NHL generates less painfully wrong.

MLBAM makes much better apps than the NHL goes, that goes without saying. I guess the big thing is NHL Centre Ice for us here in Canada, it doesn't sound like that's going to change so presumably Rogers wants to keep that for themselves. Makes sense as they just paid a boat load of money for the rights.

EDIT: oh, and NHL Network is also old, moldy trash. Literally anyone could make that channel better, but you always got the impression it was a total lack of money/resources more than anything else.

zroid

Banned
they keep referring to the changes as applying to the "United States and select International markets"

I have to think that's because Rogers has full autonomy in Canada...

It'd be nice if NHL Network starts to become more like MLB Network, because its actually great

calder

they keep referring to the changes as applying to the "United States and select International markets"

I have to think that's because Rogers has full autonomy in Canada...

The Fridge has us covered:

One year ago, Forbes Magazine called MLB Advanced Media “The Biggest Media Company You’ve Never Heard Of.”

As of Tuesday, hockey fans can brag they know.

MLBAM, already the streaming-video provider for HBO, ESPN and World Wrestling Entertainment (among others), closed a deal with the NHL to run GameCenter Live, Centre Ice, the NHL Network, NHL.com and the individual team websites for the next six years. (The video rights are worldwide, minus Rogers-controlled Canada and the Scandinavian countries.)

So, how does this affect you?

First, much to the relief of teams, players and agents, it will provide a revenue boost at a time the salary cap is flattening. According to several sources, the deal was first presented to the Board of Governors at the June meeting in Las Vegas. NHL COO John Collins would not confirm these figures, but word is the league valued the deal at $200 million per year.

The annual breakdown: a $100M rights fee to the NHL, $20M in savings from the league not having to invest in the capital resources/expertise it would take to go on its own, and $80M in equity in MLBAM’s technology business.

The equity portion may not figure in revenue calculations for the purposes of the salary cap. “We were told to expect $120M per year in added revenue… $4M per team,” one governor said.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Hnng that dark souls 3 trailer. Yes plz. Man next year looking so good. Shame this year looking less and less appealing as it goes on. Just like the last two years. Hope I can upgrade to pc or something interesting makes it out consoles soon.

Also does CA doing Halo wars 2 mean no alien sequel? Cuz that would suck.

Sanjuro

EDIT: oh, and NHL Network is also old, moldy trash. Literally anyone could make that channel better, but you always got the impression it was a total lack of money/resources more than anything else.

I'm always upset that it still exists. Over the years, I can't say I've seen it feature anything relevant in promoting the sport.

MLB Network, while far from perfect, has a great live look-in segment late into the evening during the games, along with live programming throughout the day. I'm kind of surprised that the network didn't team with one of the Canadian broadcasters for some sort of collaboration.

The MLB.tv and apps though are far different and very VERY polished.

Sanjuro

MLB does not incorporate blackouts in their streaming service sooooo... all signs pointing to a blackout free NHL streaming future with a ton of features.

They absolutely include black outs, hence why the service is worthless for a large percentage of the population.

EDIT: Well, maybe out of market games? I usually refer to them as one and the same.

I was being facetious. I don't really understand the move, HS HAS to be cutting into them by this point and it's largely because of the fucking blackouts.

Deals made with cable companies that ruin good customer service. I can't wait until streaming makes cable go the way of the Dodo akin to Blockbuster, fuck their bad business practices.

That boss was fine for me on Normal. On Hard it was total nightmare. On Crushing I used a glitch to beat him.

I actually found TLoU less frustrating than Uncharted 3, which had that god-awful sandstorm level full of snipers and dudes with RPGs you could hardly make out.

I'll quickly rank rank the third person-shooters I played last gen and this gen so far.

Vanquish
TLoUR
Uncharted 2
Alan Wake
Tomb Raider
RE 5
Dead Space 2
Dead Space
Uncharted
The Evil Within (PS4)
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Uncharted 3
RE 6
Binary Domain
Gears of War

I approve

Socreges

Banned
Still on the fence between XBO and PS4. The only console exclusive so far that is a must have for me is Bloodbourne. Others upcoming like Quantum Break and TLG could easily end up being disappointments.

Yet I really want a new console for MGSV, and soon...

Though maybe the PS3 version of MGSV will be fine.

The Last of Us had everything to be a masterpiece except the most important part, the gameplay, but it was decent enough. Uncharted is the one that's garbage all around except for maybe it's presentation.
The hell? The gameplay was incredible

I love stealth games, though, and am patient when playing. TLOU was in many ways the perfect sandbox stealth game for me. So many unique ways of getting through each area.

Yeah, I meant Palma, my bad.

Well, I do speak spanish, not 100% but well enough for it to not be an issue.
Like you just mentioned, I'm mostly looking to enjoy the nightlife, meet interesting people and obviously visit a bunch of places. The plan right now, if everything goes right, is to be there from January to June and yeah there are some other options: Almeria, Lleida, Vigo, Santiago de Compostela and I that's it I think.

There's also other countries but I'm still looking into it since the list of available options is kinda big. I was interested in France too but my french is not good enough yet and it's a requisite in most of the universities there.

Edit: I think staying closer to France would be a plus for me, so I guess Almeria, Vigo and such wouldn't be the best options.

Thank you so much, btw!
Check out the temperatures for January to June in some of those cities. It can get cold in Spain, depending on where you are.

eyeless

resident evil 5 is a fun video game

resident evil 6 is a shitpile of a crime against humanity

marnah's a cool guy
SaneCompassionateAnophelesmosquito.gif

As long as I can still access gamecenter in Sweden its sounds good. Nhl.com could need a shakeup.

Näslund had a radio show about his life and career the other day. Such a humble guy.

He talked about how he never won anything big, and what he thought was sad about it was not the missed trophies in themselves. But rather that never got to form the bonds to his teammates in the way you can only do when you achieve something together.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 25s25 seconds ago
#Canucks sign Brandon Sutter to 5-year contract extension; average annual value of $4.375M. http://ow.ly/QuMbH

Le sigh.

Also, Weisbrod has been named Assistant GM, pigs are flying, and hell has frozen over.

calder

Could be trouble for hockeystreams, mlb seems to enforce their ip rights a lot more dilligently

Yeah good point, MLB is much tighter on blackouts than anyone else. No easy VPN workarounds for MLB.tv, those dicks also use your billing address to set your restrictions. Hopefully it doesn't affect Rogers though.

Also, lol good job Benning. Someone post the HERO chart for Sutter again.

Top Bottom