• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

zroid

Banned
apparently this is Canada

Dal Colle-Fabbri-Merkley
Crouse-Strome-Marner
Gauthier-McCann-Watson
Stephens-Quenneville-Ho-Sang

Sanheim-Hicketts
Dermott-Roy
Dunn-Carrier

Samyy

Okay Crouse is pissing me off

2 bobbled attempts in front of the net set up by Marner
Held ON TO THE PUCK WHILE MARNER HAD A CLEAN BREAKAWAY, PASSES AT THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND

WDF CROUSE!

eyeless

marner

PoisedShowyDesertpupfish.gif

Quick

Banned
New Raptors jerseys. They're alright. Not a fan of the number set they're using. Though, I wasn't really a fan of the previous number set anyway. The black and gold is hot though.

CLiOt6VVEAA4_5x.jpg

Socreges

Banned
You will take our Toronto sports talk and like it!

Marner is your new God - recognize.
Hey, I have no problem with Marner talk. Or Leafs talk generally, of course. Because that relates to the sport of ice hockey.

Jays and Raptors stuff. You don't see the Rangers, Flyers, Ducks, Bruins, Hawks, etc etc etc fans talking about the other sports teams they follow. :p

Pikma

Banned
Does anyone here know enough of Spain? I'm currently working on applying for a 6 month student exchange and I'm evaluating my options and there's a bunch of places/universities there that seem interesting. Would love to hear what you think of cities like Barcelona, La Coruña, Santander and Mallorca.

Socreges

Banned
Does anyone here know enough of Spain? I'm currently working on applying for a 6 month student exchange and I'm evaluating my options and there's a bunch of places/universities there that seem interesting. Would love to hear what you think of cities like Barcelona, La Coruña, Santander and Mallorca.
Lived in Spain for a year and recently drove across half the country over two weeks. I can be of some help, though it wouldn't hurt to ultimately make a thread.

- Barcelona is beautiful. Touristy and expensive, but very, very nice. Good metro system, good beaches. If you want to learn Spanish, it wouldn't be your best option since most people's preferred language in Barcelona is the native Catalan.
- A* Coruña - never been there. But I've driven through Galicia (and been to Santiago de Compostela) and it's easily the greenest part of Spain. Celtic flavour with beautiful coastlines. Excellent seafood if that's your thing. Gallego, like Catalan to Barcelona, is the native language in Galicia. So while people speak Spanish, you'll encounter Gallego a lot.
- Technically...Mallorca is an island, not a city. Palma is the main city there. It's a beautiful place, of course, though crawling with Germans. If you want to live on an island, go for it. Great place to party. Just keep in mind if you want to travel to other parts of Spain during your 6 months it's going to be more expensive.
- Santander - also never been here. Heard it's great. Also close to San Sebastian and Bilbao, which are great cities. You could also bus down to Madrid (personally my favourite city) which isn't too far.

What would you want out of the experience? Learn Spanish? See interesting architecture? Enjoy the nightlife? Meet interesting people? Chill on the beach? What months would you be there? Are other cities in Spain options?

Pikma

Banned
Lived in Spain for a year and recently drove across half the country over two weeks. I can be of some help, though it wouldn't hurt to ultimately make a thread.

- Barcelona is beautiful. Touristy and expensive, but very, very nice. Good metro system, good beaches. If you want to learn Spanish, it wouldn't be your best option since most people's preferred language in Barcelona is the native Catalan.
- A* Coruña - never been there. But I've driven through Galicia (and been to Santiago de Compostela) and it's easily the greenest part of Spain. Celtic flavour with beautiful coastlines. Excellent seafood if that's your thing. Gallego, like Catalan to Barcelona, is the native language in Galicia. So while people speak Spanish, you'll encounter Gallego a lot.
- Technically...Mallorca is an island, not a city. Palma is the main city there. It's a beautiful place, of course, though crawling with Germans. If you want to live on an island, go for it. Great place to party. Just keep in mind if you want to travel to other parts of Spain during your 6 months it's going to be more expensive.
- Santander - also never been here. Heard it's great. Also close to San Sebastian and Bilbao, which are great cities. You could also bus down to Madrid (personally my favourite city) which isn't too far.

What would you want out of the experience? Learn Spanish? See interesting architecture? Enjoy the nightlife? Meet interesting people? Chill on the beach? What months would you be there? Are other cities in Spain options?

Yeah, I meant Palma, my bad.

Well, I do speak spanish, not 100% but well enough for it to not be an issue.
Like you just mentioned, I'm mostly looking to enjoy the nightlife, meet interesting people and obviously visit a bunch of places. The plan right now, if everything goes right, is to be there from January to June and yeah there are some other options: Almeria, Lleida, Vigo, Santiago de Compostela and I that's it I think.

There's also other countries but I'm still looking into it since the list of available options is kinda big. I was interested in France too but my french is not good enough yet and it's a requisite in most of the universities there.

Edit: I think staying closer to France would be a plus for me, so I guess Almeria, Vigo and such wouldn't be the best options.

Thank you so much, btw!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I have no problem with Marner talk. Or Leafs talk generally, of course. Because that relates to the sport of ice hockey.

Jays and Raptors stuff. You don't see the Rangers, Flyers, Ducks, Bruins, Hawks, etc etc etc fans talking about the other sports teams they follow. :p
Lot of Canadians in this thread and like it or not, the Jays and Raps are the only Canadian teams. They're certainly a lot more friendly for fans from other Canadian cities than the Leafs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

That sounds like fighting words to me...

Lol.

I had Outback when I turned 21. It was okay at the time. Friends were younger than me so nobody could buy me a drink so I had to. Only been back once.

Hockey related: when will Carl Hagelin be signed?

Top Bottom