• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ahahah this is an actual metric that's being measured
giphy.gif

RevoDS

I've said it before, Timmins has single-handedly created this team. How many other scouts have drafted a top goalie, forward and defenseman that are all playing at the same time? Hopefully we win a cup before he leaves, because we'll be fucked once he's gone.

The only way Timmins leaves the Habs is to be a GM

There was one of these threads last night that originated from the Drake / Meek thread and it was nuked from orbit. Don't know how long this one will last.

I like Bergevin, but I kinda hope he gets fired before Timmins is poached by another team so he can be the Habs GM himself rather than working his magic for someone else.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like Bergevin, but I kinda hope he gets fired before Timmins is poached by another team so he can be the Habs GM himself rather than working his magic for someone else.
If they were going to hire Timmins as a GM it seems like the last hiring would have been his chance. As good as he is as a scout, it remains to be seen how good he could be a full fledged GM. I'm just hoping he stays on for as long as possible, they have him in a good position right now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be okay if the Canucks got worse to the point that they were lottery eligible. The issue is that Benning's doing enough to keep the team a bubble playoff contender, while anchoring the team with big, long contracts, and poorly managing assets.
??? So long as they don't make the playoffs every team is eligible.

RIP Smelly :'(

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
??? So long as they don't make the playoffs every team is eligible.

RIP Smelly :'(

Right. But realistically you have to be in the bottom 9 (5%+ chance) or, even more likely, the bottom 6 (7.5%+ chance) to have a true shot at winning the lottery. A 1% chance of winning the lottery at 14th place (which is in and around where I expect them to finish with the roster Benning is assembling) isn't something I'm going to hold my breath about as a Canucks fan. Admittedly, it is better than the previous system.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Pikma, why do you hate me? Every time I join your game in Splatoon you leave the next match. And sometimes you're still online. (._.)

Pikma

Banned
Pikma, why do you hate me? Every time I join your game in Splatoon you leave the next match. And sometimes you're still online. (._.)
Owww I'm sorry :( I hadn't noticed, were you in that room where everyone seemed to know each other? I'll join you right now.

Edit: :lol now you hate me :(

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Owww I'm sorry :( I hadn't noticed, were you in that room where everyone seemed to know each other? I'll join you right now.

Edit: :lol now you hate me :(

:lol

One time you disconnected and another you just left at the end of the match. Maybe next time.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Best feature of Outback Steakhouse is a fried onion.

Teemu Steak Tavern features good steak.
Selanne-Steak-Tavern-Lord-Stanley-Cut.jpg

I just realized I was thinking of the Awesome Blossom at Chili's, too. I have no idea how the sauce that goes with the Bloomin' Onion tastes.

And every time I see that Selanne steak I lose my mind.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Right. But realistically you have to be in the bottom 9 (5%+ chance) or, even more likely, the bottom 6 (7.5%+ chance) to have a true shot at winning the lottery. A 1% chance of winning the lottery at 14th place (which is in and around where I expect them to finish with the roster Benning is assembling) isn't something I'm going to hold my breath about as a Canucks fan. Admittedly, it is better than the previous system.
Heh. NBA would like to have a chat with you.

Though I hated the fact Crapmondump got the first, I won't claim there were shenanigans going on with the auditing company there.

Still, a chance is a chance. Benning has yet to reach Gillis status thus far and Sweeney has everybody beaten. People might reference him instead of Milbury if he keeps going the way he's going.

Socreges

Banned
Could someone post some fancystats for Horvat? Maybe a chart of some sort? How about the chart shown here that compared Sutter to Bonino (unfavourably)?

That Mafia 3 Setting is so so good

Post Vietnam New Orleans

I'm certainly interested. I wanted to love Mafia II, but the game was legitimately like watching paint dry. Only two games made me think of that feeling, and Mafia II was one of them.

The reveal thread is hilarious though, seeing the diet racists perform mental gymnastics trying to justify not wanting to play as a mixed race character lol:

EDIT: Now it's on Zwarte Piet. Mods definitely going to have to nuke the thread. Pathetic.

Quick

Banned
Vegas moves into Phase 2 of NHL expansion application process.

"We are pleased to report that the NHL has invited us to participate in Phase II of the application process. In this phase, we will be providing the League with additional information requested by it, including information about the Las Vegas market. We will also be permitted access to information provided by the League that it deems important to us. We are hopeful that at the conclusion of this phase the league will invite us to participate in Phase III."

#VegasWantsHockey

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Is "Phase II" code for moving from Bettman's dining room into the parlour for some post-supper scotch?

I'm certainly interested. I wanted to love Mafia II, but the game was legitimately like watching paint dry. Only two games made me think of that feeling, and Mafia II was one of them.

The reveal thread is hilarious though, seeing the diet racists perform mental gymnastics trying to justify not wanting to play as a mixed race character lol:

EDIT: Now it's on Zwarte Piet. Mods definitely going to have to nuke the thread. Pathetic.

Just skimmed through the thread. Wooo. Reminds me of the GTA San Andreas thread.

The location and setting is really cool though. The Black Mafias of the Bayous (or post Vietnam) is something that rarely gets play in the media so it's a nice change..

Just skimmed through the thread. Wooo. Reminds me of the GTA San Andreas thread.

The location and setting is really cool though. The Black Mafias of the Bayous (or post Vietnam) is something that rarely gets play in the media so it's a nice change..

It's a Fantastic setting. I just hope it's used well.

Top Bottom