• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Thread: Girl Thinks She Knows The Law But Ends Up Getting Arrested (video)

tVBA15y.gif

Wow, these Sovereign Citizen Getting Owned videos are as mesmerizing as Russian dashcam compilations.

Socreges

Banned
Thread: Girl Thinks She Knows The Law But Ends Up Getting Arrested (video)

tVBA15y.gif

Wow, these Sovereign Citizen Getting Owned videos are as mesmerizing as Russian dashcam compilations.
The video of the guy trying to get into the courtroom is amazing. You couldn't have written a better interaction and outcome.

I'm certainly interested. I wanted to love Mafia II, but the game was legitimately like watching paint dry. Only two games made me think of that feeling, and Mafia II was one of them.

The reveal thread is hilarious though, seeing the diet racists perform mental gymnastics trying to justify not wanting to play as a mixed race character lol:

EDIT: Now it's on Zwarte Piet. Mods definitely going to have to nuke the thread. Pathetic.
Do you really know that's what it's about? I actually understand the argument that shifting the series from the Italian mafia to a more eclectic organized crime (ie, including the Italian mafia and other elements) can be disappointing. To others that might be exciting. For me I have no prior attachment to the series so it sounds interesting.

Imagine if Raiden in MGS2 were black. Genuine disappointment would be impossible to express.

FFXV :(

I don't even know what is going on anymore.

For a Summary :

Reworked ATR summary:

• We redesigned Regis. No reasons given.
  • Airships? We're behind and still working on it, maybe as DLC.
  • We're nowhere near done.
  • We can't announce a release window, even if we do have one.
  • Important questions about black bars and cosplay.
  • The prologue of the game has changed!
  • Luna is a strong female character even though nothing we've shown supports that.
  • The girl with black hair? We haven't named her yet.
  • Main baddie? Who knows.
  • Stay tuned for PAX when we'll show the same trailer.
  • Feedback forum! Not ready yet.
  • New stuff at TGS and working on a new demo.
  • Malboro fight with a bunch of seconds of gameplay and a brief stroll through some new landscapes.
  • Product placement for german beer.

Yeah... I feel this is going to be an entirely brand new game when it comes out. Remember,Final Fantasy 13 looked VERY different when it was announced on PS2 than it looks now. I'm saying we won't see this until like 2017 at least

calder

One sec, need to borrow your gif...

Brandon Sutter Trade Looks Even Worse for Canucks After Terrible Contract

Things look even worse once we drill down to even-strength scoring, because Sutter’s been posting those unimpressive totals while playing regular time on the man advantage.

Over the last three seasons, 375 different forwards have played at least 1,000 total even-strength minutes in the NHL; that averages out to 12.5 per team and makes that number a pretty acceptable threshold for “regular NHL forward.” Sutter is tied for 312th on that list in even-strength points-per-hour; in terms of scoring that makes him a run-of-the-mill No. 11 forward.
Thanks Willis, lol.

zroid

Banned
anyone who still thinks Square Enix is capable of making a quality big budget RPG for modern platforms is fooling themselves

I hate being cranky about games, especially in this thread, but FF is a series I used to cherish so I can't help myself

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I can't wait for the FF VII Remake to be released, only for it to be a re-skinned version of FF XV.

anyone who still thinks Square Enix is capable of making a quality big budget RPG for modern platforms is fooling themselves

I hate being cranky about games, especially in this thread, but FF is a series I used to cherish so I can't help myself

I mean.. don't people love XIV now after they threw everything away and started over?

Socreges

Banned
Yep, Final Fantasy has been terrible for years. Chances are what they had was terrible, so they've chucked it. And what they'll make now will also be terrible.

At least MGSV looks great

I hope Sutter is a complete disaster. Not even a middling disaster. I hope he drags this team down and is the flashpoint for its rebuild and Benning being fired.

I'm surprised that Mafia 3 isn't set in the late 70s-80s, because Goodfellas.

That said, the new crime group/location is the only reason why I'm interested in Mafia 3. 1 and 2 were pretty disappointing.

I believe Horvat had mediocre fancy stats, and Hansen made him look better.

Here's why I think Benning traded for and extended Sutter:

1. Age and health. He's 26, 32 when his contract is up, and has missed 3 games over the past 5 seasons. While he hasn't shown much improvement over his career, he is entering his prime years.
2. Prospects are too far away. Horvat is the furthest along and he has 2 more years on his ELC. If he gets a 2-year bridge contract, that's 4 years before he cashes in, assuming he continues to progress substantially. Sutter will have 2 more years on his deal at that time: not a terrible burden to have.
3. The centre position. After Henrik and Horvat, there isn't much. Gaunce projects as a fourth-liner and seems to be better on the wing, Cassels is a 3C at best, and McCann has good upside but is only 18. Sutter provides some security at that position for the next few years.
4. Free agency. The odds that Benning could land an elite centre through free agency are pretty low. Sure, there are names like Stamkos and Kopitar out there next year, but the rest of the pool is over 30 or just not that good.

So yeah, Sutter fits the Benning plan of "overpay for someone who can play now while our prospects develop and our veterans age". Is it going to be expensive in the long run? Hard to say, they're not going to be cap-strapped in a few years when their big contracts expire.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The only SE product I give a shit about these days is Dragon Quest, and they don't even bother localizing them anymore. If not for Heroes and the probable XI western release, the company would be totally irrelevant to me.

Socreges

Banned
I believe Horvat had mediocre fancy stats, and Hansen made him look better.

Here's why I think Benning traded for and extended Sutter:

1. Age and health. He's 26, 32 when his contract is up, and has missed 3 games over the past 5 seasons. While he hasn't shown much improvement over his career, he is entering his prime years.
2. Prospects are too far away. Horvat is the furthest along and he has 2 more years on his ELC. If he gets a 2-year bridge contract, that's 4 years before he cashes in, assuming he continues to progress substantially. Sutter will have 2 more years on his deal at that time: not a terrible burden to have.
3. The centre position. After Henrik and Horvat, there isn't much. Gaunce projects as a fourth-liner and seems to be better on the wing, Cassels is a 3C at best, and McCann has good upside but is only 18. Sutter provides some security at that position for the next few years.
4. Free agency. The odds that Benning could land an elite centre through free agency are pretty low. Sure, there are names like Stamkos and Kopitar out there next year, but the rest of the pool is over 30 or just not that good.

So yeah, Sutter fits the Benning plan of "overpay for someone who can play now while our prospects develop and our veterans age". Is it going to be expensive in the long run? Hard to say, they're not going to be cap-strapped in a few years when their big contracts expire.
Sure, but... $4.4m...with an NTC...5 years...what the fuck

Thankfully they've got money to burn and it hamstrings Benning from even more stupid signings

iLLmAtlc

$utter's nerd stats aren't pretty but at least he still scored 21 goals at 11sh%. That would have made him second in the team last year. Pittsburgh's lack of depth is well documented and it leaves him with very little to work with.

Still hate the signing but he's probably going to be OK as a 3C which is what he's ultimately here for I believe

Socreges

Banned
$utter's nerd stats aren't pretty but at least he still scored 21 goals at 11sh%. That would have made him second in the team last year. Pittsburgh's lack of depth is well documented and it leaves him with very little to work with.

Still hate the signing but he's probably going to be OK as a 3C which is what he's ultimately here for I believe
He's our 2C

Yawnier

Banned
It kills me to see where the FF series is today, but other series like Tales of, Persona (and SMT), Ys have kind of filled that JRPG void in its place for me, so......

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seeing that MGS footage just makes me want a true sequel to SC : Chaos Theory even more. One of my personal all time favourite games.

Top Bottom