• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Dislike the navy blue, I also don't get why they are so against borders on the bottom of the jerseys. Our home/away still suck one of the worst in the league.

Alleged stadium series jersey.

attachment.php

attachment.php

imBask

Banned
Dislike the navy blue, I also don't get why they are so against borders on the bottom of the jerseys. Our home/away still suck one of the worst in the league.

I agree with everything you said

I don't hate the Avalanches but you guys have the worst jerseys in the league IMO

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team will host the Prospects Challenge, presented by Tops Friendly Markets, from Sept. 12 to 14 at First Niagara Center and HARBORCENTER.

The Boston Bruins and New Jersey Devils will compete with the Sabres in the round-robin challenge featuring prospects from each team. The participating teams will play two games during the course of the three-day event.

Saturday, Sept. 12: Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m. at First Niagara Center
Sunday, Sept. 13: Boston vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m. at HARBORCENTER
Monday, Sept. 14: Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m. at First Niagara Center

I like how the game without Buffalo in it is banished to the Harbor Center.

Seems like a last minute thrown together thing. Hope next year they are able to organize an actual tournament instead of a "challenge".

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

attachment.php

attachment.php

That Detroit one...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

imBask

Banned
I can't believe blackouts still exist on gamecenter. I REALLY want to give money to a legal service but they won't let me, screw them

eyeless

nah man, you'll definitely want to see LeafsGAFs post this season if you enjoy funny-depressive stuff
not even close, this year is already a write off

what would be depressing is if they're somehow a bubble team, with the new draft lottery i hope they finish dead last

looking forward to watching the marlies and knights this year

Samyy

This has probably been the most positive Leafs-gaf has been in years (excluding pre-playoff hype in 2013), no one cares about next-season, we know we'll suck, we know its a write-off.

The team has finally picked a direction and is taking positive steps, nothing else matters at this stage.

Socreges

Banned
This has probably been the most positive Leafs-gaf has been in years (excluding pre-playoff hype in 2013), no one cares about next-season, we know we'll suck, we know its a write-off.

The team has finally picked a direction and is taking positive steps, nothing else matters at this stage.
December 2014. Leafs were 19-9-2 or something at one point and, I think, even 1st in the conference or close to it. You guys were pretty buzzed in here and any Leafs fans that I knew were smack-talking as if the Leafs had finally turned a corner for good.

The collapse that followed was fucking breathtaking. Almost makes you forget how well they'd been doing.

Samyy

December 2014. Leafs were 19-9-2 or something at one point and, I think, even 1st in the conference or close to it. You guys were pretty buzzed in here and any Leafs fans that I knew were smack-talking as if the Leafs had finally turned a corner for good.

The collapse that followed was fucking breathtaking. Almost makes you forget how well they'd been doing.

No I don't think all of us were at that time, we were still getting terribly outshot every single damn game and I think most of us knew where that was going to lead us.

eyeless

No I don't think all of us were at that time, we were still getting terribly outshot every single damn game and I think most of us knew where that was going to lead us.
yeah, coincidentally i ended up looking at a page in the december 2014 for some reason yesterday, looking at it now maybe it's someone posting a tweet that babcock was staying put (lol) and it happened to have some talk about how shit the leafs were http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=142787959#post142820926
Bah god the Leafs are awful
I hate this season, complete waste.
lol "you guys were pretty buzzed in here" sounds about right, that was after a win too, a win where we got completely outplayed like all our wins, and looks like we had won 7 of the last 10

maybe there was a point later in december where we thought the leafs were totally awesome dunno but that's just what i happened to see recently

i agree tho the collapse was absolutely breathtaking, cause it ended up with us getting marner instead of being the complete waste of a season that samy thought it was in december, took my breath away

zroid

Banned
One of the things I had tweeted during the hot streak was that even though the team is poop and a playoff berth would do more harm than good long-term, I'm so playoffs starved that I'd take it over anything but a top 5 pick.

...I never actually thought they could collapse far enough to land a top 5 pick. :lol

@ESPNJoeyMac: Montreal Canadiens' Max Pacioretty (knee) said he's working hard to be back as soon as he can and has been feeling really good lately.

@ESPNJoeyMac: Canadiens' Max Pacioretty will have another scan taken on his knee once rehab increases and talks with team docs. His rehab is on schedule.

YASS

That Healing Factor.

eyeless

One of the things I had tweeted during the hot streak was that even though the team is poop and a playoff berth would do more harm than good long-term, I'm so playoffs starved that I'd take it over anything but a top 5 pick.

...I never actually thought they could collapse far enough to land a top 5 pick. :lol
i had a tab open on my laptop of the nhl standings from right before the great collapse in 13/14 that i took a picture of afterwards
tzcA3hT.png
dem goals against
was painful at the time but man was it ever the best thing for this team, imagine the leafs without nylander and marner and still delusionally thinking they had a solid team, spinning their wheels

Jblanks

So would Burke, that didn't work out too well..

Nope

Go watch Rectify on Netflix instead.

Nope, only if you want to see the biggest single season fall from grace I can recall.

Nope. Awful.

Wow. That bad huh? I knew Vince Vaughn would ruin it. I've been watching like Only four shows. Tyrant, Halt and Catch Fire,Hannibal and Humans. By the way, I really like Humans I didn't think I would but I do, it has a lot of potential to be a great show.

Still saddened that Hannibal is Cancelled :(
I'll look into Rectify later tonight.

Cindro

Are any other Hawks-GAFfers not as excited about next season because of the Kane accusations? It's going to put a huge damper on everything, unless it's proven in both legal court and the court of public opinion that he was 100% innocent (all signs point to that not being the case so far, particularly with the latter).

It's going to feel real disgusting if he gets away with it and still has tens of thousands of fans cheering for him every night. I know I'm jumping the gun here, but maaan this whole thing is such a bummer.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. That bad huh? I knew Vince Vaughn would ruin it. I've been watching like Only four shows. Tyrant, Halt and Catch Fire,Hannibal and Humans. By the way, I really like Humans I didn't think I would but I do, it has a lot of potential to be a great show.

Still saddened that Hannibal is Cancelled :(
I'll look into Rectify later tonight.

Vince Vaughn didn't ruin it, Pizzolatto did. Only a select few could have delivered some of those lines he wrote.

Rectify is the best show on television right now imo.

Erdrick

Apparently the Leafs are close to signing Setoguchi
He's been in rehab and clean for 5 months

Ironic, because he was useless for us for 7 months. He's awful and I'm still unhappy that we wasted a draft pick to trade for him. Lazy, no motivation and absolutely lousy work ethic. If you value your team, you'd better hope they don't sign him.

Socreges

Banned
I shouldn't have generalized so much. I do remember yourself and zroid leading the analytics charge and humbling teams like the Leafs and Flames. That said, "Leafs-GAF", not a singular thing, certainly seemed more positive then and was not condemning the entire roster of players as people now do in retrospect. No doubt some people were more tentative than others, though.

Also eyeless, spirit Manics, my friend. For every one negative Leafs post, I assure you there are a dozen positive ones celebrating.

I'm honest to god Gay for Nylander. He's one good looking dude.

I haven't had a man crush on a prospect since Philippe Paradis.

2009+NHL+Draft+Portraits+aPvQo69s1sGl.jpg

But since I just turned 30 on Sunday then I should probably ease up on eyefucking people half my age.

Happy Birthday Marvie.

Top Bottom