• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Are you bigger than him?
He's slightly taller than I am though pretty skinny.

Both his parents were all smiles and happy and very accommodating. He was happy to get his picture taken too. Not sure why there was someone with his jersey there (maybe his sister or girlfriend???) but she had a Marner jersey with 15 on it (likely the jersey he got drafted with).

I just asked his mom if I could have a picture. And his dad asked if I was a Leaf fan and I said I was and just good luck next season.

They just had sushi really quickly and a few drinks and left.

zroid

Banned
Samyy pls

I hope you had good seats

I haven't been to a game live in almost 8 years, will probably change that in September

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Samyy pls

I hope you had good seats

I haven't been to a game live in almost 8 years, will probably change that in September
Wut

I hate baseball and even I've been to 3-4 Jays games in the last few years.

zroid

Banned
Wut

I hate baseball and even I've been to 3-4 Jays games in the last few years.

haha yeah I just don't see much live sports in general. I've only been to one Leafs game and two Raptors games in my life.

I used to go to a lot of Jays games in the 90s cause my dad had season tickets back then.

I'm on vacation. Just got to the cottage. Five kids, four dogs, eight adults and way too much booze until Thursday. It's going to be chaos and I'll be glad as hell to be leaving by the time I get there!

Pikma

Banned
The last time I went to see the Padres was in like 2005, an awfully short and equally boring 2-1 game against the Reds.

Socreges

Banned
Without spoiling anything..... does True Detective get better? Was watching the 2nd ep earlier and, as warned, didn't find it too interesting.

Red_Man

Without spoiling anything..... does True Detective get better? Was watching the 2nd ep earlier and, as warned, didn't find it too interesting.
I held out hope that it got better and that part of the awkwardness of the first few episodes was due to the large cast and new director, but we're at episode 6 now, and it's still lagging. I don't know if Pizzaman just had a 1 hit wonder on his hands or what, but this season so far has been a huge downgrade. I'm still hoping the payoff is worth it, but so far it doesn't seem like that's happening.

I held out hope that it got better and that part of the awkwardness of the first few episodes was due to the large cast and new director, but we're at episode 6 now, and it's still lagging. I don't know if Pizzaman just had a 1 hit wonder on his hands or what, but this season so far has been a huge downgrade. I'm still hoping the payoff is worth it, but so far it doesn't seem like that's happening.

They're juggling too many threads, the murder/Serial aspect should be #1 but it is like 4th on the list right now and that's the problem, because that's the hook

RC

Banned

It doesn't.

The only reason I'm still watching it is because of Colin Farrell. Aside from him everything else has been sheer crap. You're better off stopping now and just reading the spoilers in the True Detective thread.

Solo

No. Turns out having less than a year to write an entire season of television by yourself isn't the best way to go. He worked on S1 for like 4 years. S2 was rushed and it shows.

No. Turns out having less than a year to write an entire season of television by yourself isn't the best way to go. He worked on S1 for like 4 years. S2 was rushed and it shows.

It's like the last season of Dexter where Showtime decided to push it up whole months.

Eps 3 and 4 couldn't hold my attention, I was watching them and trying to find literally anything else to do at the same time. I won't be finishing it, it's fucking bad.

Red_Man

I was defending it after the slow start hoping it would pick up, but it's just not getting there. It sucks because the pieces are there and there's glimpses of how good it could have been. Collin Ferrel is amazing though, McAdams isn't too shabby either.

Samyy

So yea, Jays game was crazy last night, the most fun I've had at any sports game ever!
There was a definite buzz in the crowd all night, when they put Price up on the screens everyone went nuts.

Socreges

Banned
First season of TD wasnt even that good.
Driving up-island today. I'll be sure to drop by and pay you a visit.

Sunfest?

I still enjoyed S1 for what it was. But I thought Harrelson / McConaughey were the reason why it worked so well.

Maybe that's one of the problems with S2. Vaughn, Farrell etc don't have the juice.

Socreges

Banned
Sunfest?

I still enjoyed S1 for what it was. But I thought Harrelson / McConaughey were the reason why it worked so well.

Maybe that's one of the problems with S2. Vaughn, Farrell etc don't have the juice.
Country music is a pox on this Earth. Just going camping.

I thought S1 was also well-written and directed. Though definitely the acting raised it to another level at times.

And yeah, Vaughn is boring so far. Hated the choice from the beginning.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Country music is a pox on this Earth. Just going camping.

I thought S1 was also well-written and directed. Though definitely the acting raised it to another level at times.

And yeah, Vaughn is boring so far. Hated the choice from the beginning.

Aside from some of the choices late in season one, it was well written, and the direction was top notch. Fukunaga is an amazing Director, and I now wonder how much pull he had in the direction season one took.

Foggy

I stopped paying attention to the internet's response to season 2 and since then I've had a perfectly pleasant experience. It's, far and away, not as good as season 1 but I'm digging it enough.

Top Bottom