• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Pikma

Banned
I'll gain my levels quickly over the next night or two.

Yeah that was kinda fun and now I see I can get different weapons and gear...oh boy I'll be up late in bed researching.

So far that roller and that bucket have interested me.
That bucket is glorious!

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
So, Kopitar and the kings aren't "in the same ballpark" with their contract negotiations. This is a case of Kopitar saying he wants Toews/Kane money and Lombardi asking to see his three rings, right? There's no way the Kings let him walk.
Though, as a Canucks fan, the prospect is tantalizing. He still feels like one of those players that got away. RIP Bourdon.

zroid

Banned
So, Kopitar and the kings aren't "in the same ballpark" with their contract negotiations. This is a case of Kopitar saying he wants Toews/Kane money and Lombardi asking to see his three rings, right? There's no way the Kings let him walk.
Though, as a Canucks fan, the prospect is tantalizing. He still feels like one of those players that got away. RIP Bourdon.

Man it would be great if he walked. Not just because it would screw the Kings over badly, and not because I think the Leafs would have a shot, but it would actually make free agency fun again.

iLLmAtlc

MGSV Prologue

i'm so confused.
Whose side are mantis and the fire guy on?
Ishmael is in BB's imagination.. But how come he could interact with others?
Who received the plastic surgery, was that Ishmael?
How did big boss survive quiet in the beginning?
I think I gotta replay it

Socreges

Banned
You have bad taste. That is one of the best openers to a video game ever.
I feel sorry for you.

Back on topic, I understand that many feel that way. Thus 50% of my brief post was committed to acknowledging that. The point is that I really want to play the game. It was designed to be cinematic and introduce people to basic mechanics, neither of which interest me.

Oh well. By the sounds of it the game is otherwise gameplay-heavy relative to previous MGS games.

I wouldn't mind if the Habs took a shot at Kopitar too. We could of picked him instead of Price in the draft.

I feel sorry for you.

Back on topic, I understand that many feel that way. Thus 50% of my brief post was committed to acknowledging that. The point is that I really want to play the game. It was designed to be cinematic and introduce people to basic mechanics, neither of which interest me.

I agree. Spending an hour crawling around on the ground looking at some guys balls wasn't the best foot to get off on, so to speak. The 'bad guys' also had a comically large amount of opportunities to kill Snake, but didn't.

imBask

Banned
so there's the possibility of both Kane and Kopitar moving this year, add Malkin to that mix and we got ourselves a great year

Cake Boss

Banned
oh man that means we will finally have the opportunity to correct our draft mistake by taking Brian Dick Lee over Anze Kyptonite Balls Kopitar.

imBask

Banned
oh man that means we will finally have the opportunity to correct our draft mistake by taking Brian Dick Lee over Anze Kyptonite Balls Kopitar.

Brian Lee was a terrible pick, but it's once again time to pull out my amazing 2003 disaster chart

cDxUxNm.png

Stuff like this would be a lot more exciting if there weren't a salary cap.

I don't know, the cap is a blessing, even as a Habs fan I wouldn't want to see Toronto, Montreal and New York kill the competition with money just like the Yankees did for years in baseball

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
It's still hard to believe that Anaheim got Perry and Getzlaf in the same draft year.

Cake Boss

Banned
Senators GM Bryan Murray along with assistants Pierre Dorion and Randy Lee have received a lot of calls from teams interested in Cowen but dealing him wasn't an option because it's difficult for any organization to give up on a young defenceman who still has upside potential.

giphy.gif

iLLmAtlc

I just can't see the Kings and Kopitar not getting it done. Kings got the real dough and that's all that's matters. They're not gonna let the cap get in the way of signing him. Hell I'd imagine they'd move Quick before that happens.

Kopitar seems like a good Canadian kid and who would honestly pass up the chance to play hockey in LA for the next 8 years while earning one of the highest salaries.

calder

Not my picture, but this showed up in my mailbox today.

CN1EPmiVAAE22dy.jpg

Niiiiice.

I wonder if I'll need to get my brothers again, last year I picked them up from the Jets business office across the street. Still not sure why they didn't have them mailed instead, but it took me no more than 10 minutes including a lengthy ID check (seriously, it would be easier to intercept someone's mail) so it was kinda neat. I should have stolen a lanyard, the one I bought a couple of years ago is a bit busted.

Cake Boss

Banned
Rangers don't care about drafting anyway, they just sign whoever costs the most on july 1st every year and somehow managed to build a better team than the Oilers who had the last 943 first pick overall

Are you stuck in 2006 or something.

Rangers have been doing very well building their core through drafting and developing. Plus drafting well lets you trade those young assets for a more proven assets for a playoff push whether that works or not is a whole different discussion.

imBask

Banned
Are you stuck in 2006 or something.

Rangers have been doing very well building their core through drafting and developing. Plus drafting well lets you trade those young assets for a more proven assets for a playoff push.

man, I wish more Habs fan would understand that... We have the best goalie in the world in his prime, a top 5 dman hitting his prime, a top 5-10 winger hitting his prime on a ridiculous contract... now would be the perfect time to trade Scherbak and McCaron, go get some firepower up front RIGHT NOW and make a big push for it

After a few months, yep, new Coyotes jerseys are still shit.

I'll be there for you. We can go out for carne asada fries and craft brews in our hometown of Newport Beach in Orange County, California.

So, is Muttlynch's still the greatest beach bar on Earth? It has been some years since I've downed a schooner.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So, is Muttlynch's still the greatest beach bar on Earth? It has been some years since I've downed a schooner.

The trifecta of Mutt Lynch's, Mama D's, and The Cannery still means that there is no earthly reason to leave the peninsula. Except to take a boat across the bay to Billy's or Rusty Pelican.

Oh and also The Crab Cooker.

Clydefrog

The trifecta of Mutt Lynch's, Mama D's, and The Cannery still means that there is no earthly reason to leave the peninsula. Except to take a boat across the bay to Billy's or Rusty Pelican.

Oh and also The Crab Cooker.
No dancing allowed at The Shamrock!!

Mutt Lynch's is too damn crowded all of the time. Their "pterodactyl wings" are fucking gross, too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Antti Raanta on Quenneville and the Blackhawks:

“I was really hoping Nashville would beat us in four games and I could get back to Finland. I was [so pissed off] about how Chicago was treating me.”

According to Raanta, Blackhawks were suffering of weak team spirit and head coach Joel Quenneville didn't seem to like him.

“I noticed that coach didn't like me, in that position it is pretty difficult to fight the windmills,” Raanta said

Raanta was really good in his limited starts with the Hawks last year, but I feel pretty confident in giving Q the benefit of the doubt on choosing Darling over him. I already forgot Raanta existed.

Top Bottom