• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Brian Lee was a terrible pick, but it's once again time to pull out my amazing 2003 disaster chart

cDxUxNm.png

I don't know, the cap is a blessing, even as a Habs fan I wouldn't want to see Toronto, Montreal and New York kill the competition with money just like the Yankees did for years in baseball

2003 was so horrible for Anaheim.

giphy.gif

Report: Blackhawks, Kane haven't talked about no-move clause

Teams are reportedly interested in Chicago superstar Patrick Kane, but the Blackhawks haven't asked the winger about his no-move clause and whether he'd be willing to waive it, reports ESPN's Scott Powers.

Kane's eight-year, $84-million contract, which he signed last summer, includes a no-move clause. Chicago would need Kane's permission in order to trade him.

The 26-year-old is the focus of a sexual assault investigation after an incident allegedly occurred at his Hamburg, N.Y. home in early August.

The investigation is ongoing.

Hmm.

Socreges

Banned
MGSV is incredible. Wandering around the open world, capturing outposts, etc. Glorious. I dread the next cinematic interruption.

ryan299

Prank

In Jarkko Ruuto's new book he tells of a racist prank that was pulled in the Penguins locker room.

In this story he tells how, one day after practice, Georges Laraque stormed into the locker room absolutely furious, threatening to trash the place. Players gathered around and Laraque showed a picture pinned at his locker room stall – a drawing of a monkey with a banana.

So of course everybody started to freak out a bit, worried this could destroy the team. Laraque demanded to know who did it, and after a while, Colby Armstrong stepped up and admitted he did it.

Others wanted to know why would he do such a thing.

Armstrong replied: "What do you mean? He is a [N-word], isn't he?"

Laraque just snapped and attacked Armstrong, and others tried to break them up, worried somebody might get seriously hurt. But suddenly it ended with Armstrong and Laraque laughing – it was just a prank, albeit a bit over the top. No one had suspected anything, since the guys had acted their parts so fine. But it was a hoax.

That's why Konami split ways with him. He kept jacking it in the office bathroom. They locked him in his office because he kept walking around with an erection.

The people that say that kind of shit are as freaky as him

They are. They usually handwave Kojima's treatment of women too, which is the more worrying thing.

Still, Kojima isn't an auteur. He just made a batshit story work by sticking wicks in every part of the candle, and you can see the effects of that in MGS V's story.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
B-BUT HE'S A CINEMATIC AUTEUR!

/everyone on gaming side

Don't do the "B-B-But....!!" thing. It's melodramatic garbage that permeates the rest of gaf and doesnt belong in the bubble.

That and "what in the actual fuck" are the most annoyingly overused drama queen garbage memes that I hate reading.

...I don't have MGS5 yet. Still trying to wrap up Batman.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Don't do the "B-B-But....!!" thing. It's melodramatic garbage that permeates the rest of gaf and doesnt belong in the bubble.

That and "what in the actual fuck" are the most annoyingly overused drama queen garbage memes that I hate reading.

...I don't have MGS5 yet. Still trying to wrap up Batman.

Wow. Just wow.

Smdh at this post.

Cake Boss

Banned
They are. They usually handwave Kojima's treatment of women too, which is the more worrying thing.

Still, Kojima isn't an auteur. He just made a batshit story work by sticking wicks in every part of the candle, and you can see the effects of that in MGS V's story.

Would rather have batshit crazy and wack stories with memorable characters then the bland stories of finding Ciri or whatever the fuck the story was Skyrim or Fallout 3, or any other boring ass story that these so called AAA games have.

Would rather have batshit crazy and wack stories with memorable characters then the bland stories of finding Ciri or whatever the fuck the story was Skyrim or Fallout 3, or any other boring ass story that these so called AAA games have.

Yes, but if it doesn't make sense and retcons things like the spoiler thread is making out to be, what point is there?

Yes, but if it doesn't make sense and retcons things like the spoiler thread is making out to be, what point is there?
im only about 6 hours into MGSV and it all still makes sense. Its bat shit insane (and thats what I love about it) but it does make sense. metal gear has never made perfect sense though, and its fine for it, you can still follow along and you can still wrap your head around it

EDIT: I should clarify, not everything makes sense because a lot of the early stuff hasnt been even attempted to be explained, but everything that should make sense does

im only about 6 hours into MGSV and it all still makes sense. Its bat shit insane (and thats what I love about it) but it does make sense. metal gear has never made perfect sense though, and its fine for it, you can still follow along and you can still wrap your head around it

Generally. But from what I've heard, it falls apart near the end in terms of story.

kingslunk

Finally beat peace walker (still mad because of the annoying extra ops shit at the end)

Time to ground zeroes -> phantom pain

body is ready.

dem

I think I'd be too embarrassed to play MGSV in front of anyone.

Looks a tad better than DOA Beach Volleyball

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
isles are apparently announcing their black and white 3rds on 9/21. Scary times.

I hope everyone hates them and they bomb. I love our Stadium Series ones we used as 3rds last year.

Though I love any concept that brings back the fisherman:

BrooklynIslanders.jpg

Top Bottom