• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Just had an argument over protocols and procedures when dealing with clients with my company HR person via text messaging. It was all professional, but I made it known that I'm not happy with current procedures.

I'm actually upset that she decided to try and argue and defend clients rather than try to at least sympathize with me instead, me as an actual employee of the company.

Quick, we need to talk about your approach to building L2R.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Considering the Leafs desperate need for D, i do expect them to be all over it.

I do expect them to offer a whole boat load of picks and a loose roster player like hunwick, maybe a couple of their forward prospects

This is the kind of player they need which would set their rebuild so fucking far ahead that all they'd need is a goalie.

Considering the Leafs desperate need for D, i do expect them to be all over it.

I do expect them to offer a whole boat load of picks and a loose roster player like hunwick, maybe a couple of their forward prospects

This is the kind of player they need which would set their rebuild so fucking far ahead that all they'd need is a goalie.
HAHA We're not taking Hunwick back, fuck off with that Dopey. Out of all of the fake proposals, this legitimate one is the most insulting.

You'd have to compete with the Oilers, who would offer more.

DopeyFish

HAHA We're not taking Hunwick back, fuck off with that Dopey.

You'd have to compete with the Oilers, who would offer more.

I just chose hunwick because he's a roster player who i think maks the least on the leafs. It's just to maintain the contract count. (and he's only on a one year at this point)

Socreges

Banned
Too bad Barrie can't determine his destination. Canucks would have an advantage. As it is I'm pretty sure the org has no interest in acquiring big pieces through trades.

DopeyFish

I'm gonna predict Matt Hunwick will be on the team longer than any other player that the Leafs have

Nah, he's shit.

Leafs would rather rotate valiev/zaitsev/marincin among rielly, gardiner and barrie (if they can get him)

I have a feeling any deal depends on the destinations of the dallas defensemen

My dream scenario:

Leafs sign demers
Trade for barrie
Trade bozak unretained
Trade michalek unretained
Trade laich unretained

Trick someone into taking bernier

Sign stamkos
Sign UFA goalie

With a D corps like that, a competent goaltender and the crazy amount of up and coming forward talent available on the Leafs... ohhhhhh baby

Actually not sure that would even work with the cap but whatever

I'm not worried about Hunwick. He'll be trash next year of course but then he'll be gone and we can forget he exists :D :D :D

If he gets re-signed I'll fucking lose it.

Maybe Hunwick would be okay on the third pairing. We only saw him with Rielly on the first but perhaps against 3rd and 4th lines he would be at the very least.... acceptable? Just don't let him kill penalties.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Hunwick would be okay on the third pairing. We only saw him with Rielly on the first but perhaps against 3rd and 4th lines he would be at the very least.... acceptable? Just don't let him kill penalties.

Hunwick was a great 7D for us. You guys are just doing it wrong.

Yawnier

Banned

Hunwick especially needs to stay away from being paired with Rielly. That D pairing got obliterated this season. Mo looked like a totally different player with Marincin (in a good way).

Hunwick especially needs to stay away from being paired with Rielly. That D pairing got obliterated this season. Mo looked like a totally different player with Marincin (in a good way).

Yeah the corsi difference between the two pairings was shocking. I understood the rationale behind pairing Rielly with a vet like Hunwick to help learn the defensive side of the game but it just was not working, at all.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Surprised to hear Patches declare AGally as the "#1 center" as blatantly as that, I don't believe he's ever referred to him in that way before. Hopefully it's a sign of how the entire coaching staff sees him as well.

Reid Duke, a Wild 6th rounder in 2014, apparently thinks pretty highly of himself. Apparently the Wild have tried to get him signed to a contract in the past, but he has refused. Apparently there is a huge discrepancy between what he values himself as and what the Wild think of him as. Current thought is that he is trying to go back into the draft and get drafted in the first round, because he thinks of himself as a 1st round talent.

His best full year in the WHL was still below ppg. This year, as a draft +2 player, he put up 62p in 68gp, with 23p in 20 playoff games.

What a scrub.

Socreges

Banned
Reid Duke, a Wild 6th rounder in 2014, apparently thinks pretty highly of himself. Apparently the Wild have tried to get him signed to a contract in the past, but he has refused. Apparently there is a huge discrepancy between what he values himself as and what the Wild think of him as. Current thought is that he is trying to go back into the draft and get drafted in the first round, because he thinks of himself as a 1st round talent.

His best full year in the WHL was still below ppg. This year, as a draft +2 player, he put up 62p in 68gp, with 23p in 20 playoff games.

What a scrub.
Or maybe dude just doesn't want to play in Minny?

Yawnier

Banned

What a scrub.

Huh. I know nothing of this guy but his D+1 and D+2 stats aren't even anything crazy, and Brandon is a pretty stacked and deep team as well (kinda like London Knights West).

Quick

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

She's incredible though so this is going places for sure. Just sucks that she is leaving for 2 months :(

P1QYppj.gif

Socreges

Banned
Haven't played the Witcher in a while, forgot how amazing it is.
Is it the kind of game I can play in small doses? I'd guess not, which is the main reason why I've procrastinated on playing it. No time to really invest in a game right now

Will probably love it though

Top Bottom