• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
women, am I right everyone

one of these days I will understand things. one of these days.

Quick

Banned
women, am I right everyone

one of these days I will understand things. one of these days.

Boys rule, girls drool.

handshake.gif

But for real, I've just had really shitty luck with dating lately, and my luck hasn't turned around at all. Add this with my job stress, and it just hasn't been a year for the record books for me. :lol

imBask

Banned
let's all ignore the deep list of losers who won the Red Tilson Trophy and focus on the 5 good ones, and also the not-as-bad list of losers who won the CHL Player of the Year, which was still won by a bunch of losers

Corey Locke CHL MVP 4 lyfe

let's all ignore the deep list of losers who won the Red Tilson Trophy and focus on the 5 good ones, and also the not-as-bad list of losers who won the CHL Player of the Year, which was still won by a bunch of losers

Corey Locke CHL MVP 4 lyfe

Players who did the Marner:

Dale Hawerchuk and Brad Richards.

Players who almost did the Marner:

Corey Perry and Sid Crosby.

edit: I obviously have no idea what Marner will end up being like in the NHL. Still, that's decent company to have!

zroid

Banned
I hadn't realized it because I don't check AHL stats but the Marlies actually outshot Hershey 144-113 in the series. I guess goaltending was the major difference after all. Justin Peters played out of his damn mind for much of the series (based on my observation).

I'm just glad that -- generally speaking -- the team played pretty well. Whether they won or not is meaningless. Obviously Bibeau is playing himself out of a chance to be an NHLer. He's gonna have to have a great season in the AHL next year or it might be curtains for him with the Leafs organization.

Sparks has been consistently good in the AHL and I think he still has a good chance to be a NHL goalie, albeit probably a backup. He has a lot to prove however, given his struggles with the Leafs post trade deadline.

Quick

Banned
How many people are playing Overwatch on PS4? I think I saw Smelly on it.

All this Overwatch/TF2 with waifus talk might get me to pick it up.

Smiley90

How many people are playing Overwatch on PS4? I think I saw Smelly on it.

All this Overwatch/TF2 with waifus talk might get me to pick it up.

I usually play with wsox, yeah: SmileyFM.

I main D.va and widowmaker for totally unrelated reasons

Cake Boss

Banned
I went through the senators roster and added up all their personal trophies

Lmaoo comparing juniors trophies with pro ones. Seems like a dopey comparison. Just like Marincin top pairing dman and Gardiner the next Brian leetch.

I have some pics of some trophies too mang.

ottawa-senators-erik-karlsson-poses-with-the-james-norris-me1.jpg

Edit: how the fuck did I get sucked into this dumbassary with dopey posting pics of irralevent silverware.

Sparks has been consistently good in the AHL and I think he still has a good chance to be a NHL goalie, albeit probably a backup. He has a lot to prove however, given his struggles with the Leafs post trade deadline.

I like Sparks. He looks like the guy that played Zoom on The Flash tv show

Cake Boss

Banned
Fuck you I lied muhahahahaha

PROSPECT TROPHIES PICS WARRBAARLAHHHH 😈😈😈

CiTlzpJU4AAtj0k.jpg

13102630_10153342261162563_143355944782713908_n.jpg

ROU_TropheeRougeau1.jpg

Hoff_Awards2.jpg

And here is your top pairing dman Weirdick lifting a useless trophy called the Calder Cup.

images

He will be the only one on that roster who has won one, lol marlies.

Muahaha bitch ass 😈

It's called a joke

Dva is a shitty tank, i really do play widowmaker though

As a tank in the traditional sense she's not very effective but she has her uses. I see her a lot like I see Winston, since her jets have a short cool down like his leap. Fly into the enemy, cause some havoc and take as much abuse as you can, then fly out.

Plus the fact that most of her health is armour makes her effective against any character who unloads multiple low-damage hits.

Smiley90

As a tank in the traditional sense she's not very effective but she has her uses. I see her a lot like I see Winston, since her jets have a short cool down like his leap. Fly into the enemy, cause some havoc and take as much abuse as you can, then fly out.

Plus the fact that most of her health is armour makes her effective against any character who unloads multiple low-damage hits.

Yeah but fly in - shoot things - fly out is supposed to be the "rogue/assassin" archetype with high burst damage and evade. Dva doesnt have that. And her "shield" has too long of a cooldown to protect her so, her weapons have too short of a range to not be on the front lines. So she's just kinda good for barrage (since she doesnt have to reload) but opponents can just ignore her and burst down teammates which makes her not very effective. Reinhardt has a shield that can protect people, winston has a bubble to protect people, roadhog can pull/push people and deals high damage, zarya I dont play.

Dva is fun to play but just not that useful against a competent team, just my impression.

imBask

Banned
Yeah but fly in - shoot things - fly out is supposed to be the "rogue/assassin" archetype with high burst damage and evade. Dva doesnt have that. And her "shield" has too long of a cooldown to protect her so, her weapons have too short of a range to not be on the front lines. So she's just kinda good for barrage (since she doesnt have to reload) but opponents can just ignore her and burst down teammates which makes her not very effective. Reinhardt has a shield that can protect people, winston has a bubble to protect people, roadhog can pull/push people and deals high damage, zarya I dont play.

Dva is fun to play but just not that useful against a competent team, just my impression.

I tend to agree. I usually don't focus D.Va if i'm playing against one since she doesn't do much damage and isn't that dangerous overall. Even as Widow i'll just shoot everyone else first

Also, when you're D.va, you get a "second life" when your mech goes kaboom, but you're not very useful while you wait for your mech to charge back up. And in the meantime, your mech's ult is not being charged.

Top Bottom