• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Bob McKenzie – Verified account ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Bettman says he is "fairly certain" he'll have more definitive word on expansion at the June 22 B of G meeting in Las Vegas. Four options.

Bob McKenzie – Verified account ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Options: 1. No expansion; 2. Expansion but deferred to later date; 3. Expansion by 1 team; 4. expansion by 2 teams.

I really think it's going to be option 2 or 3

Quick

Banned

I really think it's going to be option 2 or 3

I just want them to rebalance the conferences again, just for the sake of it not bothering me anymore that it's uneven. :lol

Probably a "no shit Sherlock":

Option 2 would give Quebec, Seattle, and any other expansion candidates more time to get their shit together.

Option 3 seems like Vegas. But I'm really hoping for Seattle, which seems very unlikely.

Option 4 should be two Western Conference teams, just to balance the conferences again.

Pikma

Banned
I'm failing to see how this "Rebalance the Conferences" platform aligns with your "Relocate the Jets" platform.
Quick simply wants to Make the NHL Great Again by building a wall around Winnipeg and getting the team the fuck out of that shithole, how difficult is it to see?

I just want them to rebalance the conferences again, just for the sake of it not bothering me anymore that it's uneven. :lol

Probably a "no shit Sherlock":

Option 2 would give Quebec, Seattle, and any other expansion candidates more time to get their shit together.

Option 3 seems like Vegas. But I'm really hoping for Seattle, which seems very unlikely.

Option 4 should be two Western Conference teams, just to balance the conferences again.

See if it was Seattle and Vegas as the Expansion teams and not Quebec and Vegas, I think we wouldn't have an issue with adding two more teams.

Who do we move West if Quebec does get a team though?

Pikma

Banned
See if it was Seattle and Vegas as the Expansion teams and not Quebec and Vegas, I think we wouldn't have an issue with adding two more teams.

Send the fucking red wings back so they stop getting free playoffs tickets every fucking season

Yawnier

Banned
via Reddit

god damn it.

Wtf am I looking at?

Holy shit :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225704

OP and first post is fucking perfect

Damn

Meh, just move Detroit back to the west. Problem solved

zroid

Banned
Here's Bettmans solution : 18 teams west, 14 teams east, and the playoff format doesn't change at all

Conference A:

Boston
Chicago
Detroit
Montreal
New York Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Toronto

Conference B:

Anaheim
Arizona
Buffalo
Calgary
Carolina
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Nashville
New Jersey
New York Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
St Louis
Tampa Bay
Vancouver
Washington
Winnipeg

imBask

Banned
Conference A:

Boston
Chicago
Detroit
Montreal
New York Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Toronto

Conference B:

Anaheim
Buffalo
Calgary
Carolina
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Nashville
New Jersey
New York Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
St Louis
Tampa Bay
Vancouver
Washington
Winnipeg

Conference C :
Arizona

Playoff spot distribution :
A - 8
B - 7
C - 1

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
where's my draft combine infosssss

fuck they have to stop hosting it in buffalo and put it back in toronto

always feels like a damn blackout

Quick

Banned
I'm failing to see how this "Rebalance the Conferences" platform aligns with your "Relocate the Jets" platform.

Two teams in Vegas, one in Seattle.

I have a plan. It's a good plan. No one else has my plan.

Quick simply wants to Make the NHL Great Again by building a wall around Winnipeg and getting the team the fuck out of that shithole, how difficult is it to see?

Or I could move the Jets to Carman.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Worst. Idea. Ever.

ImaginaryBitterKoalabear.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
"I think you want to have good meetings with teams; whatever team you meet you want to show them that you're not only a good hockey player but a good person and respectful," Matthews said. "With the testing, you want to do as good as you can and show your athleticism because that's all important stuff. It kind of translates to how you are on the ice."

at least we aren't drafting filatov!

Razorskin

----- ------
"I think you want to have good meetings with teams; whatever team you meet you want to show them that you're not only a good hockey player but a good person and respectful," Matthews said. "With the testing, you want to do as good as you can and show your athleticism because that's all important stuff. It kind of translates to how you are on the ice."

at least we aren't drafting filatov!
Leafs are drafting Sean Monahan?

good lord i hate the warriors

why okc do you keep switching Adams onto Curry? makes no sense. Obviously they are going for that but change something

Socreges

Banned
Just defending the good people of Winnipeg

Re: GSW/OKC. Love how everyone was chirping Curry and the Warriors when they were down 3-1, as if the series was over and they'd been exposed

Why's that? Just because they're so good now?

I don't follow basketball at all, but they seem like a likeable team.
Because they're on top

zroid

Banned
The Blues are bringing Hitchcock back.

Why

Why

eh who else were they gonna hire? already missed out on Boudreau and Boucher, everybody else is shit. or was promoting their AHL coach a legit option?

I guess they could have given Mike Yeo a shot

Holiday

Banned
eh who else were they gonna hire? already missed out on Boudreau and Boucher, everybody else is shit. or was promoting their AHL coach a legit option?

I guess they could have given Mike Yeo a shot
Pickings might be slim, but another year of the same hockey with the same problems is not appealing.

calder

Just defending the good people of Winnipeg

justgoingtostandthereandhugyou.gif

Yeah I don't watch basketball basically ever but that game was weird. Felt like OKC just rolled over late, granted that must have been demoralizing as fuck to give up the lead like that. I just felt like we saw a whoooooole lot of quit in the thunder.

And if I was the OKC coach when that Roberson (?) dude who's supposed to be your shooter passes to a covered guy when wide fucking open at three pt line twice with the game in the balance I would have called timeout and sent him to the showers. Like "you're done take off your jersey and leave the court now while the cameras on on us" style.

Yawnier

Banned
I like Curry (good etobicoke kid) but that dude has to stop playing with his mouth guard so often. It's fucking gross, JVR does the same thing constantly.

calder

I like Curry (good etobicoke kid) but that dude has to stop playing with his mouth guard so often. It's fucking gross, JVR does the same thing constantly.
Curry needs to be wearing a disgusting sweat-soaked leather glove so he has something hygienic to store his mouth guard in when he wants to talk.

hockey players who slide the mouth guard into their glove or use a strap to buckle it disgust/baffle me

Quick

Banned
Curry needs to be wearing a disgusting sweat-soaked leather glove so he has something hygienic to store his mouth guard in when he wants to talk.

hockey players who slide the mouth guard into their glove or use a strap to buckle it disgust/baffle me

Second this. It really is disgusting.

Mouth guard chewing isn't such a big deal compared to that.

Top Bottom