• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's called a joke

Dva is a shitty tank, i really do play widowmaker though

D.Va is more of a pest tank. She's good as soaking up some damage with her shield up. Getting a turret/Bastion to target you and soak up some damage while someone can take them out. (Provided a Torjborn doesn't pop his ult).

Besides, doing stuff like this is fun.

imBask

Banned
D.Va is more of a pest tank. She's good as soaking up some damage with her shield up. Getting a turret/Bastion to target you and soak up some damage while someone can take them out. (Provided a Torjborn doesn't pop his ult).

Besides, doing stuff like this is fun.

is Overwatch alright on console? I'm thinking the games must be a little slower

zroid

Banned
Elliote Friedman apparently reported that USA Hockey blamed a lack of "character" on why they failed at Sochi, which is why the roster is the way it is. He specifically said Kessel was a player whose "character" they were dissatisfied with. Kessel, the leading scorer at Sochi.

USA Hockey is literally the Toronto media

Elliote Friedman apparently reported that USA Hockey blamed a lack of "character" on why they failed at Sochi, which is why the roster is the way it is. He specifically said Kessel was a player whose "character" they were dissatisfied with. Kessel, the leading scorer at Sochi.

You see that mentality throughout the NHL. Canada has this as well with their World Junior teams at least.

I'm talking about prioritizing "character", "grit", "intangibles" etc over hockey skill.

Foggy

All the dude does is score goals. Bum.

zroid

Banned
On a related note, this is amazing and needs to happen. http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/20...rld-cup-of-hockey-all-snub-team-should-happen

Here's what my All-Snub team would look like:

Forwards

Phil Kessel
Gustav Nyquist
Taylor Hall
Alex Galchenyuk
Corey Perry
Ryan O'Reilly
Tyler Johnson
Valeri Nichushkin
Ilya Kovalchuk
Alexander Radulov
Andre Burakovsky
Kyle Okposo
Jason Spezza

Defensemen

P.K. Subban
John Klingberg
Mark Giordano
Kris Letang
Keith Yandle
Kevin Shattenkirk
Justin Faulk

Goalies

Marc-Andre Fleury
Brian Elliott
Roberto Luongo

Can we just go with Team Snubs instead of Team Europe? I'm sure Kopitar won't mind.

imBask

Banned
Markov is the commiest of commies

ljOdPxd.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hurricanes hired Ulf Samuelsson to coach their AHL affiliate. Which means the Rangers are out their defensive assistant coach.

I did float the idea back at the start of the offseason that we would probably need to move on from Ulfie considering the team's heinous defensive woes over the course of the whole season. He's better as a coach than what he got from his boys on the blueline this season, though. This is the next major step towards an NHL head coaching job for him, I think.

Still, that leaves the issue of needing some new blood behind the bench. The most obvious choice would be Jeff Beukeboom, who has been an assistant coach for the Wolf Pack for the last few years. The organization has been loving what he's been doing for our prospects out there in Hartford, though, so they might see him as being more valuable in that position still. Will be interesting to see. Bringing Beuk in would probably be a big boon to McIlrath at the very least.

Syrinx

Hurricanes hired Ulf Samuelsson to coach their AHL affiliate. Which means the Rangers are out their defensive assistant coach.

I did float the idea back at the start of the offseason that we would probably need to move on from Ulfie considering the team's heinous defensive woes over the course of the whole season. He's better as a coach than what he got from his boys on the blueline this season, though. This is the next major step towards an NHL head coaching job for him, I think.

Still, that leaves the issue of needing some new blood behind the bench. The most obvious choice would be Jeff Beukeboom, who has been an assistant coach for the Wolf Pack for the last few years. The organization has been loving what he's been doing for our prospects out there in Hartford, though, so they might see him as being more valuable in that position still. Will be interesting to see. Bringing Beuk in would probably be a big boon to McIlrath at the very least.

Back when Francis first took over rumors had Ulf as the favorite to be our next HC before Francis hired Peters. Not too surprising a move since Ronnie and Ulfie have such a long history with each other.

iLLmAtlc

You sure Friedman said that? Sounds like that Steve Simmons article from a few days ago

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

To be fair, I wasn't impressed with Kessel at Sochi either. Yeah, he scored goals, but he was completely one way and showed no interest in doing much of anything unless it was a scoring opportunity.

The Phil Kessel playing for the Penguins in these playoffs is a very different guy from the one who was in Russia a couple years ago.

Yawnier

Banned
Arcobello has escaped to europe

He was a good get for the marlies this season. Held the fort at center when Nylander was hurt post-WJC and when Willy he was with the leafs.

Not shocked he is headed to europe though, more money to be made there opposed to the AHL.

zroid

Banned
I bet the Leafs would've been happy to sign him to another $1M one way contact if he didn't mind the prospect of playing mostly for the Marlies, and just being depth for the Leafs in case of injuries or w/e.

I suppose he just wanted more stability

imBask

Banned
That's common among Russian athletes. Russia is so fucked. Putin has basically made himself the center of Russian identity. Seems like in order to be Russian it's either idol worship or protest.

they probably think the same thing about Americans, and they're not THAT wrong

I mean these fucks are about to give Trump in the white house

Socreges

Banned
they probably think the same thing about Americans, and they're not THAT wrong

I mean these fucks are about to give Trump in the white house
Both are a cult of personality, sure. But Putin has been de facto ruler of Russia for about 17 years and has widespread support. Trump has just won the GOP nomination and will likely lose in the general.

imBask

Banned
Both are a cult of personality, sure. But Putin has been de facto ruler of Russia for about 17 years and has widespread support. Trump has just won the GOP nomination and will likely lose in the general.

Those Trump - Putin - O'Leary cocktail parties are going to be something else

kevin_wine_by_fire.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

It's important for everyone to remember that only about 5% of all registered voters have voted for Trump so far.

is Overwatch alright on console? I'm thinking the games must be a little slower

While I play on PC, my roommate plays on XBone and there's little to no difference. I know the turrets do less damage on the console versions, but that's about it. All of the versions seem competent. The console version's pace is the same.

imBask

Banned
It's important for everyone to remember that only about 5% of all registered voters have voted for Trump so far.

To keep playing devils advocate : it could be interpreted as dangerous. The only people who voted so far are the most fanatic/political ones, and the vast majority of people who don't care about politics will vote for the person they kinda recognize

calder

A blog post on hockeybuzz (yeah I know) about the fith anniversary of the Jets return today. Good read, love seeing the youtube clips again.

Still a bit disappointed I was in Texas when the news first started breaking and on the road when it actually happened, feel like I missed out on some fun times.

Top Bottom