• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
It seems steep, but he is only 25 and just had a career year. If he can be a 30+ point 3rd liner going forward it'll be worth it.
you don't need to spend more than $3M with term for a 30 point player. AHL call-ups and 1 year UFAs can give you that kind of production. and this is a best case scenario for him. it's not like he has good fancy stats either. he's a 4th liner.

Curufinwe

I'm trying to look at it positively. His CF% is not bad considering how he is used. And his 5 on 5 Points/60 is 2nd best on the Islanders.

But I'd much rather have Raffl who gets paid $1m less per year.

Curufinwe

Raffl is really underrated.

Him and Gudas both have surprisingly high possession numbers, like, very high. But you still have to hear from that segment of Flyers fans who say Hextall should have traded them for 2nd rounders and bitched at Rafll getting $2.35m AAV and will no doubt bitch when Gudas gets extended.

Him and Gudas both have surprisingly high possession numbers, like, very high. But you still have to hear from that segment of Flyers fans who say Hextall should have traded them for 2nd rounders and bitched at Rafll getting $2.35m AAV and will no doubt bitch when Gudas gets extended.

Gudas needs to get extended. I was quite happy with him this year. Raffl's deal is fine too

Foggy

Since the cap isn't changing, what teams are fucked going into this offseason.

Pittsburgh and Chicago I can figure, but who else?

Blue Jackets aren't quite fucked, but they're way too close considering how bad they are. Guess we'll see how much Jones, Jenner, and Murray are gonna cost.

Quick

Banned
Haven't played that many Rockstar games but RDR is by far my favorite.

Other than GTA, Midnight Club was where it was at on PS2 for Rockstar games, if you're looking into some of their older games. There's also Max Payne 3 for last gen, which was pretty damn good.

I spent a shitload of time on Midnight Club 3. That being said, I haven't really been into racing games since.

Syrinx

Other than GTA, Midnight Club was where it was at on PS2 for Rockstar games, if you're looking into some of their older games. There's also Max Payne 3 for last gen, which was pretty damn good.

I spent a shitload of time on Midnight Club 3. That being said, I haven't really been into racing games since.

I played some of Midnight Club 2 but I was like 12 and don't really remember anything about it.

Bully is another Rockstar game I love.

I played Midnight Club 2 when I was 12 as well. My cousin and I just drove around and didn't do any objectives, missions or whatever that game had. We just jumped onto the aircraft carrier a lot. Fun times, we played a lot of that, War of the Monsters and Battlefront II.

Quick

Banned
I played some of Midnight Club 2 but I was like 12 and don't really remember anything about it.

Bully is another Rockstar game I love.

I played a bit of Bully, but never got around to finishing it (always found the classes really tedious lol). Now that it's on PS4 (PS2 emulation), I might be up to try again. It's actually on sale for $9 for PS+ members this week.

I played Midnight Club 2 when I was 12 as well. My cousin and I just drove around and didn't do any objectives, missions or whatever that game had. We just jumped onto the aircraft carrier a lot. Fun times, we played a lot of that, War of the Monsters and Battlefront II.

I did the same thing initially with Midnight Club 3, GTA (III, VC, and SA), and Need for Speed. I eventually decided to try out the story for each one.

Didn't get too far with GTA III since I just wanted to move on to the next one. Vice City's RC helicopter mission just made me stop playing it. I did finish San Andreas eventually, but the flight school stuff stalled me for a bit. I had a friend's copy of each 3D GTA game, so I did actually just move on from one to the other - he took back GTA San Andreas eventually, and I still have III and Vice City.

Battlefront and Battlefront II were great. It's actually frustrating playing Battlefront now and looking back at the features of Battlefront II, especially space battles.

I had Battlefront II on PSP, and I ate up so much time with that too.

I ran into the game breaking bug in GTA San Andreas where the dude jumped off the roof and died before you could get to him. Apparently it was because of cheat codes.

Battlefront and Battlefront II were great. It's actually frustrating playing Battlefront now and looking back at the features of Battlefront II, especially space battles.

I had Battlefront II on PSP, and I ate up so much time with that too.

Yeah I can't get into the new Battlefront, I was hoping the DLC would improve the game, but the first pack was a complete joke. With Halo 5 and Overwatch, I can't see myself going back to the game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know what was a surprisingly good rockstar game? Rockstar Table Tennis.

Look like the Yotes have named their AHL team...

Tucson Roadrunners

Callback to the Phoenix Roadrunners of the WHL, CHL, IHL, PHL, WHA and ECHL.

Logo was great back in the day...

fatandyz_88101345732664.JPG

Yawnier

Banned
The only midnight club game I played was 3: DUB Edition and I liked it a lot back in the day. I remember that game having a ton of car customization though that might be the nostalgia goggles.

The only midnight club game I played was 3: DUB Edition and I liked it a lot back in the day. I remember that game having a ton of car customization though that might be the nostalgia goggles.

Nah it did. 3 and LA were both awesome. I doubt they hold up super well today but for the time the car customization was pretty great.

Quick

Banned
Details on Panthers reveal tonight.

Three new logos - complete rebrand of the team, leaping Panther is staying with an updated look.
Three new jerseys (home, away, alternate) - first time the NHL is allowing a team to reveal three new jerseys.
AHL affiliate rebranding - team based in Springfield for next season.

Quick, how was 3 DUB Edition Remix?

No idea. I only had the basic version (3: Dub Edition), and I didn't even finish it. :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Puljujvari is having knee surgery and he is not attending the combine

Welp. Looks like we may potentially have a dropper

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Us signing Matt Martin would be the least surprising thing in the history of this team

Galchenyuk 2.0?

Wasn't Galchenyuk injured during the combine too?
He was injured for the majority of his draft year, people forget he was a gamble at #3

Socreges

Banned
NHL jersey ads seem like an inevitability, the tweet I posted has the NHL keeping an eye on fan reactions, that could all just be nothing.

I'm willing to accept compromise with a small patch for advertising, like the NBA are set on doing.
Most likely. Like with EviLore saying the massive, obtrusive ads on GAF Mobile were just part of a trial...they never went away. He knows that you just have to temper the initial backlash by saying they're exploring options, but people eventually adapt and tacitly consent.

imBask

Banned
Oh please what? I didn't realize "giggling" was restricted to teenage Japanese girls.

giggle

Seriously though, don't be doing stuff that fills my inbox with random complaints please.

i'm sorry about your inbox, I will clean it up for you if you want

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh please what? I didn't realize "giggling" was restricted to teenage Japanese girls.

giggle

Seriously though, don't be doing stuff that fills my inbox with random complaints please.
People actual send Mods complaints about random shit?

That's unfortunate

Top Bottom