• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

I love to think that one of us is basically Dwight Shrute, sending complaints about people all day long, everyday

Looking at you Cosmic

635787331865609733546443935_dwight%20schrute.jpg

hZciNEr.gif

Foggy

Puljujvari is having knee surgery and he is not attending the combine

Welp. Looks like we may potentially have a dropper

He had surgery in May. He's just still in the process of recovering.

Real talk, if the Jackets pick someone other than Puljubuu whether it be trading down or picking Tkachuk at 3, then I'm giving up hockey. All hope lost.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Why would he drop?

Knee surgery is a major surgery... Most doctors refuse to touch young peoples knees unless there is something really wrong with it because there is a good chance you lose mobility and it can never be regained (this is how it was explained to me when I was being checked by a doctor due to my knee giving out)

Only been banned once. It was kinda bullshit but it's whatever. I was in the wrong too.

Regarding my job, I probably get to get tased next week. Boss was joking around and asked me and I said sure. #yolo

Anyway, figured out a nice strategy to manipulate in EHM. If there are ever any really big UFAs, they never sign long term contracts. They all want big long term contracts and no teams sign them, and then around mid/late August they sign a one year deal at half of what their original asking price was.

Stamkos has been one and done for six years now. Bouncing around from team to team. Went to Vancouver, Florida, New Jersey, Ottawa, Florida again.

I got Karlsson last year one year for 4.75. Malkin this year for 5.5. Training camp is just finishing up and Ovi and Stamkos are both UFAs with no offers and I have no cap space to get either. Not sure what will happen with them because I checked around and most teams are full.

Easy way to manipulate the system a bit there if anybody is in need of a tip/trick/whatever. I'm playing on an older build though so an update might have fixed it.

Knee surgery is a major surgery... Most doctors refuse to touch young peoples knees unless there is something really wrong with it because there is a good chance you lose mobility and it can never be regained (this is how it was explained to me when I was being checked by a doctor due to my knee giving out)

He played with his broken knee for months (and pretty well too) so I really don't think it was anything major. If it had been more serious they would have operated it back in march. While already good player he wasn't ''must play or we lose'' player for his Finnish league team so there wasn't that huge need for him to play if it had been something more serious.

Foggy

Not all knee surgeries are created equal and his was a minor surgery to correct a nagging issue. There's a reason why there hasn't been a whisper of change at the top of mock drafts and prospect analysis.

Speaking of Eastern Hockey Manager, I Traded Jacob De La Rose and a 3rd for Vincent Trocheck. Currently finding someone to take Desharnais and Eller.

Eller kind of turns into a beast tbh. I'm in the 2022-2023 season and last season he put up 55 points with Hudon and Semin.

Desharnais is trash though. I think he put up 16 points in 77 games on the third line last year.

Socreges

Banned
Anyway, figured out a nice strategy to manipulate in EHM. If there are ever any really big UFAs, they never sign long term contracts. They all want big long term contracts and no teams sign them, and then around mid/late August they sign a one year deal at half of what their original asking price was.

Stamkos has been one and done for six years now. Bouncing around from team to team. Went to Vancouver, Florida, New Jersey, Ottawa, Florida again.

I got Karlsson last year one year for 4.75. Malkin this year for 5.5. Training camp is just finishing up and Ovi and Stamkos are both UFAs with no offers and I have no cap space to get either. Not sure what will happen with them because I checked around and most teams are full.

Easy way to manipulate the system a bit there if anybody is in need of a tip/trick/whatever. I'm playing on an older build though so an update might have fixed it.
What's the point if it doesn't reflect reality somewhat? Seems joyless

yyzjohn

Banned
That why you never went pro man?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've never been banned.

But I know that Xia is out to get me! He has constantly tried to slander my good name and make me cry.

What's the point if it doesn't reflect reality somewhat? Seems joyless

Because I'm frustrated that a guy like Voracek puts up 102 points with me and then decides to leave in the off season for seemingly no reason. And then I pick up Joe Pavelski with a contract of 6mil/4 years and he nets a grand total of 35 goals in the first three years before i trade him.

Not to mention developing sucks because I have Jack Eichel throw up 100+ points in the AHL three seasons in a row and then bring him up to the NHL and his highest scoring season has 42 points.

Gotta take advantage when I can because the game otherwise tries to screw me.

Live feed of the unveiling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsZQcQRgEs8

awkward as hell

Trying to start a "Gary" chant about some random ass fan. :lol

Who is this guy? And he had the wrong damn name. Wow.

Marvie_3

Banned
Top Bottom