• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Buddy of mine bought a 2 bedroom condo next to the Rogers center about 6 years ago for $1 M, no idea what it would be worth now. A lot of condos going up all around him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Buddy of mine bought a 2 bedroom condo next to the Rogers center about 6 years ago for $1 M, no idea what it would be worth now. A lot of condos going up all around him.

he should have bought a detached house lol

though since 2011 average price is up 33%... roughly.

when all the condos open i think the prices will start to fall. they're already seeing record vacancy rates with condos

condos are stupid

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Technically that house isn't in Toronto or in the Toronto suburbs. That's in Vaughan (Maple) which is just north of Toronto.

Still a very opulent area though.

Probably not much to be honest. Yes condo prices are going up in Toronto but not at the rate houses are.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Probably not much to be honest. Yes condo prices are going up in Toronto but not at the rate houses are.
I didn't think so with so many going up around him, it's been insane seeing how much the view around him has changed over the years.

Pretty sure Seguin has a condo in the building next to his actually.

Quick

Banned
I consider Vaughan/Woodbridge rural since there aren't any skyscrapers and you have to drive a car around there.

Fucking peasants ruining the environment with their cars smh

Quick

Banned
Quick please make me a creeper avatar with Hoffman, and saying 4th Liner.

Pls.

Sl7iwNM.png

nxiNYSj.png

Erdrick

I've worked 40 hours over the past 3 days.

Kill me now. There comes a point where money is not worth it.

I beat Uncharted 4 on Monday though. Excellent game.

Is it draft day yet?

Quick

Banned
I've worked 40 hours over the past 3 days.

Kill me now. There comes a point where money is not worth it.

I beat Uncharted 4 on Monday though. Excellent game.

Is it draft day yet?

Is this the job you interviewed for?

I don't work nearly that many hours in a week (I don't think a ton of people really do), but I work 6 days a week.

Socreges

Banned
That moment when you're trying to sleep and you hear a mosquito so you turn on the light and locate the mosquito and grab a book and fucking obliterate it against the wall in the most satisfying way and then see blood everywhere because he'd already gotten to you and then your leg begins to itch.

Curufinwe

Interesting thoughts from the combine:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/10-takeaways-2016-nhl-scouting-combine/

Sean Day. Sigh. Okay, he’s down 20 pounds at least from last summer. At 230 he still looks like a beer leaguer but it’s a start. It didn’t look like he bought into the idea that the combine was a chance to make a big impression.

He went from ordinary to very ordinary to below average at the stations, and seemed sort of nonchalant. You look at him and think: How does an unathletic kid possess plus-plus skating? This is one of life’s mysteries and the reason that someone will undertake Day as a challenge.

Tommen > Joffrey. :)

Alexander Nylander was leading the field in the Wingate testing, which no one saw coming.

Said one scouting director: “It might be that he’s a safer pick than his brother [William, the Maple Leafs’ 2014 first-rounder]. The older guy is a skilled centre who has a lot of skill, but you’re not sure about his jam. And if you try him on the wing, how is he going to be with physical play to get the puck? [Alexander] is a wing. He has a position and skill, maybe not as much creative stuff, but still way above average on that count.”

William’s Wingate test numbers were also surprisingly good a couple of years back, but not to the degree of his little brother here in Buffalo. It’s one reason to think that maybe the younger will make up for fewer magic tricks by being the more dynamic skater and having a clearer role from the get-go.

Yawnier

Banned
If Sean Day took conditioning more seriously and was a bit more of a smarter player he could be such a beast especially with his skating, but he's dealt with some huge family problems so I feel bad for him.

I just finished watching The Raid 2. This movie was awesome. It's the Yakuza Live Action we've always wanted (the actual live action Yakuza movie was crap) except it's in Indonesia. Heck even one of the bad guys FROM Yakuza is playing a Villian. I really really hope they make a The Raid 3

Home buying, what are people's thoughts on commute time v. debt/mortgage?

There is a substantial difference between the prices in town 'D' verus village 'M', with the latter being about 50-100k more. But M is 20-25 minutes closer to work.

Socreges

Banned

There is a substantial difference between the prices in town 'D' verus village 'M', with the latter being about 50-100k more. But M is 20-25 minutes closer to work.
You know what I'd say. Go for M.

But it's not just about commute, it's where you want to live. Do you prefer remote/rural? Which community for you prefer? Which amenities interest you? Etc etc

Our house is right near the goose. We paid a premium, and money will be tight, but it's an ideal area. And if you're willing to have tenants, that can subsidize your mortgage considerably.

Somehow I doubt he falls to 29th or 30th. Lol.

I don't think trading up into the top 10 really makes sense either. It's sad but oh well.
If it's sad then draft Nylander instead of Matthews. Leafs do have that option.

Brothers rarely play together. Leafs fans always had that dream though.

eyeless

no interest in arguing if he'll be better cause who knows dumb to claim either way but william is plainly the superior skater to anyone who has watched them, that is an odd comment

alex is v. good tho, flashy af, now that the draft is close i feel possessive of him, toronto should have all the nylandersss

my bet is he's going to calgary at 6 tho, which is funny cause that's where he was born

i'm still into him going to buffalo 4 that sweet [matthews/eichel] [nylander/nylander]
[babcock/bylsma]
rivalry, but don't think he'll last till then, also buf needs defense

Yawnier

Banned
I think Ass Ny is gonna go to Calgary probably, they could use a winger with top six potential like him

If I had to guess I would say that Arizona and Buffalo will both go for defencemen.

It's really what's important to you. I chose D because having a yard, having space, and being in a quiet neighbourhood were things we wanted. If the idea of M makes you happier, go for M. If it's just a financial decision, how important is money to you? You can spend to your limit wherever you go.

Had a long day of drinking too. Stopped at the right time I think though. It was so nice out yesterday. Today is amazing too.

Yeah I had a good amount of wine, which I hadn't had in a while. Then some beers. I had one too many beers. I don't feel horrid but my head is not all there

Give it your wurst

Link me up with one

I've got a bunch of wurst and some hot sausage. Got some sauerkraut too to go with it. It's gon be good

Top Bottom