• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Nowadays nothing feels nicer than a cold beer on a hot day after work
So refreshing

That first sip....

QONVIyz.gif

Socreges

Banned
It was a joke Soc haha

But I agree. Beer is best. IPA is best.
Oh I see

Ever been to Monk's Cafe? Friends went and brought me back the beer bible. Hope to make it there some day

You seem to know more than me - what's the best wheat ale you've tried?
I'm not too big on wheats, but Driftwood has a seasonal out called Entangled. It's a 'Hopfenweisse'. And it's fantastic. Victoria beer but should be in any good beer store in the lower mainland.

zroid

Banned
Watching the Combine show on Leafs TV...

Ass Ny hnnngh

Matthews interviews are nearly indistinguishable from McDavid interviews

Thanks for the responses on the home buying question. The homes we checked out in the village ended up being *awful*. Overpriced, cheaply - if at all - maintained. Another house we checked out in between the town and village was much better for our needs (it was huge), had recently redone bathrooms and kitchen, though it was built in the 70s, and some other parts of the house hadn't been updated in a while.

Cake Boss

Banned
Cake Boss prediction, that housing bubble is going to burst this fall. Regulations are already in the works to limit foreign buyers purchasing domestic homes and turning them to profit. That will slow down Vancouver and Toronto, which will affect other cities as well.

Socreges

Banned
Cake Boss prediction, that housing bubble is going to burst this fall. Regulations are already in the works to limit foreign buyers purchasing domestic homes and turning them to profit. That will slow down Vancouver and Toronto, which will affect other cities as well.
Which regulations specifically?

Quick

Banned

I actually mentioned this possibility to a few people in real estate and they all just scoffed at the idea of the housing bubble bursting.

Depending on my job situation in a few years, I'm hoping to own a place. But with prices right now, I might have to wait even longer to get there.

Socreges

Banned
For my own sake, I hope it keeps rising here in Victoria. For people like Quick hoping to buy in West Victoria, I hope it goes down.

Marvie_3

Banned
For some reason I can't stop watching this clip hahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ00laVt62c
ahaha the girl rapper plays this weird horse obsessed girl in a couple episodes of charles in charge.

I wish New York would do this but it will never happen.

I don't know too much details besides topically, but I think the bubble is tied to the Yen. If the China has a devaluation then a lot of money is getting pulled to be turned into Yen, which would flood the market and depress prices. Cat is already out of the bag as far as money in the property market so it shouldn't be effected much by regulations.

I think Season 3 has to be my favourite Office season, or at least it's right up there.

2 and 3 are for sure my favorites. I like 5 more than season 4. I just watch this show way too much haha

Also looks like Comcast or Netflix isn't a fan of how much I watch it. I'm getting throttled hard right now

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
#BREAKING: Curtis Vey - father of #Canucks forward Linden Vey - and Angela Nicholson found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder.

oO

apparently they were both trying to murder their partners (Linden's father was trying to kill Linden's mother and the other woman her husband). Linden's mother suggested her husband was cheating and bugged the house and caught them plotting her murder on tape

the fuck

trifelife

#BREAKING: Curtis Vey - father of #Canucks forward Linden Vey - and Angela Nicholson found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder.

oO

apparently they were both trying to murder their partners (Linden's father was trying to kill Linden's mother and the other woman her husband). Linden's mother suggested her husband was cheating and bugged the house and caught them plotting her murder on tape

the fuck

Good ol' Sasketchewan folk can't be having none of that divorcing eh, God don't like it.

Socreges

Banned

oO

the fuck
Good article on how Vey has dealt with the situation.

The Canucks learned about the case after trading a second-round draft pick for Vey in 2014
Fucking Kings.

Lombardi explained, "We didn't feel Linden was the right fit for the organization. Had he participated in the plot somehow, maybe we would have kept him around."

Thanks for the responses on the home buying question. The homes we checked out in the village ended up being *awful*. Overpriced, cheaply - if at all - maintained. Another house we checked out in between the town and village was much better for our needs (it was huge), had recently redone bathrooms and kitchen, though it was built in the 70s, and some other parts of the house hadn't been updated in a while.

Personally I'd rather buy an older house. I can extrapolate what the next thirty years is going to do for a house if I can see what the last thirty did. Also at least in my area, people are putting way too much of a premium on houses that are "done", paying more for one of those houses than they would pay to buy a similar house and make the updates yourself. Our house had a recently finished basement, but everything else is straight out of 1985. All the better for my son to destroy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Which regulations specifically?

CMHC and OSFI are considering basically fees and taxes, one of them being the a flipping tax on foreign investors to limit quick buy and sells, and a luxury tax on those foreign buyers on the initial purchase. Whether those get approved or not is a whole another question.

imBask

Banned
isn't FF 12 the weird one nobody likes?

actually I guess you could say that about any FF, they're all the worst and the best at the same time apparently

isn't FF 12 the weird one nobody likes?

actually I guess you could say that about any FF, they're all the worst and the best at the same time apparently

It's weird. Each one is different so people have their favs. The most popular favorites are VI, VII and IX. But FFs go through a cycle where at first the changes aren't welcomed by a good amount but then people come to love them. XII was a case of this for sure but now way more people like it than hate it. It's not the best FF but it is a damn fun game to play for sure

My Favorite Final Fantasy's are

FF3
FFV
FF7
FF9

What I would do for a FF5 Remake... holy shit..... FFV was the first game i've ever beaten on GBA.

Top Bottom