• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Yawnier

Banned
Good conference from microsoft.

Though I feel kind of empty after watching it but that is probably because of the leak.

Also We Happy Few looks incredible. I'm guessing it is timed exclusive?

Quick

Banned
It'll be tough for the Xbone to maintain sales with a much more powerful successor announced as being less than 18 months away.

Seems like they've prepared for this with the $299 price drop at least.

I missed the last half of the conference, but confirmation for Scorpio is neat.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Barberio with a good signing, him and Patetyn should make for a great third pairing. Just need to find a way to get Emelin out of town now.

calder

I was really interested in a One S but then Scorpio makes me realize I can probably wait a year. But damn it's going to be pricey.

Also reading about Trump's ramblings today and holy fucking shit. I'd say he's like a crazy old man saying whatever pops into his paranoid, irrational mind regardless of how stupid/impossible it sounds but he's not *like* that, he's *exactly* that. How the hell did he become an allegedly serious candidate for office again? Decades from now people reading about his candidacy will be legit incredulous it even happened.

Cake Boss

Banned
How will the neo not hurt PS4 sales too?

Thats why they aren't announcing it like they said.

Don't get why you have to announce a hardware 1.5 years away, no price, no games shown, no hardware shown and especially when you are releasing a slim version of a console in a generation where you are really lagging behind in terms of sales. All it did was tell people to wait for the new one.

calder

Either you hurt sales or piss off customers who just bought your console.

You'll always annoy some small group of people no matter what when you announce a new console or any piece of hardware that isn't on a well-known yearly refresh cycle. But I think Sony can properly announce it in like February for a release in October and give people plenty of time to decide if they want to a new console now or wait a half a year.

Announcing it well over a year before it launches is a bit weird, it just kills a small amount of potential enthusiasm for the One S right now whereas they could have let the slim have a few months of attention/sales and then trotted out Scorpio.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
You'll always annoy some small group of people no matter what when you announce a new console or any piece of hardware that isn't on a well-known yearly refresh cycle. But I think Sony can properly announce it in like February for a release in October and give people plenty of time to decide if they want to a new console now or wait a half a year.

Announcing it well over a year before it launches is a bit weird, it just kills a small amount of potential enthusiasm for the One S right now whereas they could have let the slim have a few months of attention/sales and then trotted out Scorpio.

Yeah, it is a tough situation. Can't please everyone.

calder

My main disappointment for E3 so far is the lack of remasters I wanted.

Skyrim? Yeah sure I'll play that again... but in October? I'll have better new games to play then! No news of a Mass Effect remaster?? Come on! That shit would be so perfect to release in summer.

Yeah, wasn't impressed. The FF15 demo was even worse.

yeah... I have been staying hype but Tabata looked pissed.... I don't think that was the demo he watned to show. It was called an E3 special mission so I don't think that exact way it plays is a part of the game.

Weird.... I am still having hype but this hurt.

NIER though... pleaseeee :)

Pikma

Banned
Stars announcer Dave Strader has been diagnosed with cancer...

Fuck this unfair life, I really hope he fights through and manages to beat the shit out of it

I think MS announced Scorpio so people didn't think the Slim was their answer to the Neo. An incremental refresh would generate a lot of "that's it?" reactions. By teasing Scorpio, it becomes "that's it... for now".

Quick

Banned
Just had some Burger King for the first time in about 8 years today.

Got a bacon cheeseburger and mozzarella sticks with a medium pop for $7.50 - not worth it. Should've just gotten their nuggets or something.

I was going to go to Popeyes, but there was a power outage at the one nearby, along with the rest of the restaurants in the same plaza.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gwent was so much fun, but I don't think it's got enough substance to it to warrant a separate game unless they really flesh it out.

Quick

Banned
I haven't eaten meat since December and the first thing that I've come across that actually tempted me was that Mozzarella Wendy's burger.

I wish I could cut out meat, but the thought of it seems difficult.

Did you outright just cut meat out if your diet, or are you going for meat substitutes?

I wish I could cut out meat, but the thought of it seems difficult.

Did you outright just cut meat out if your diet, or are you going for meat substitutes?

I eat a lot of veggie burgers after I found a brand that actually tastes nothing like vegetables. Probably equally unhealthy but way lower on the calorie hit. I was eating meat every meal as like the prime part of the meal, mostly red meat. It wasn't good. I sympathize man. I eat pasta as well with lighter sauces and a hell of a lot more vegetables and fruit. I also eat tons of eggs cause getting protein is a real pain in the ass now.

Quick

Banned
I eat a lot of veggie burgers after I found a brand that actually tastes nothing like vegetables. Probably equally unhealthy but way lower on the calorie hit. I was eating meat every meal as like the prime part of the meal, mostly red meat. It wasn't good. I sympathize man.

I'm currently back to trying to reduce my pop intake. Other than today, I haven't had pop in a few days. And before that, probably almost a week. I was successful a couple of years ago in cutting down my pop intake by a lot in comparison to before (one/two cans a day) - I'd only drink pop once a month or whenever I'd watch a movie, but half the time I'd just get a bottle of water (or sneak one in).

There are a ton of restaurants around my office, and it's hard to resist sometimes.

Top Bottom