• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

I'm currently back to trying to reduce my pop intake. Other than today, I haven't had pop in a few days. And before that, probably almost a week. I was successful a couple of years ago in cutting down my pop intake by a lot in comparison to before (one/two cans a day) - I'd only drink pop once a month or whenever I'd watch a movie, but half the time I'd just get a bottle of water (or sneak one in).

There are a ton of restaurants around my office, and it's hard to resist sometimes.

I hear you dude. I end up going to Noodles & Co a lot. I also go hot and cold with soda but I've kind of allowed myself to drink a diet soda whenever as long as my food for the day is right. Carbonated drinks help me feel fuller so it does serve a purpose other than being a vice.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Health and weight loss. I've also lost 46 lbs since December.

I hope on purpose and not because of sickness!

I'm down like half the weight I gained after I went on meds since I stopped taking them in December, feels so much better.

Quick

Banned
I have a ton of Asian restaurants nearby, especially places that serve dim sum, ramen, and pho. The temptation is real.

Pikma

Banned
I hope on purpose and not because of sickness!

I'm down like half the weight I gained after I went on meds since I stopped taking them in December, feels so much better.
I've lost a lot of weight while living here in Spain because I've been kinda forced into a healthier diet, if only because most of the junk shit I enjoy the most either isn't available here or is way too fucking expensive for a guy like me who'd rather spend his money on alcohol than food.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Here I am trying to put on weight.

Well I'm not trying very hard actually, and I've gone into a rut workout wise the past two weeks. Once you miss a couple days it's so hard getting back into the rhythm.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Stars announcer Dave Strader has been diagnosed with cancer...

Fuck this unfair life, I really hope he fights through and manages to beat the shit out of it

:(

Strader better win that fight by Shin Shoryuken-ing whatever cancer he has into the stratosphere.

Fuck cancer.

Chris R

Oh, and here is hoping our new friends from the SCF thread make there way over here during the off and regular seasons!

9 days until expansion.

Cake Boss

Banned
Here I am trying to put on weight.

Well I'm not trying very hard actually, and I've gone into a rut workout wise the past two weeks. Once you miss a couple days it's so hard getting back into the rhythm.

Dem protein bars dawg. Eat dem

Also get yourself a Muslim friend and get invited to their dinners during Ramadan. Feast like a motherfucker.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh, and here is hoping our new friends from the SCF thread make there way over here during the off and regular seasons!

9 days until expansion.

Wait, I thought the expansion draft was next year

what's 9 days? Or you mean until they officially announce it?

So do you guys want to know the difference between an Englishman and an Italian?

The Englishman chokes on his meal just as he finishes while the Italian makes sure he finishes his meal and saves some room for dessert.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Cake Boss

Banned
Any good recommendations for protein bars?

Anything over 20g is decent. Just watch out for the sugar and sodium intakes.

Quest bars are the most popular ones, but those have gotten extremely expensive the past year. I have switched to something called Combat Crunch, gluten free and a lot cheaper, tastes better too.

Another good one I have discovered lately is called Daryl's, its a little more healthy and has more natural products, much cheaper too. Usually find them at any popeyes. Also its a good ole Canadian company, made in Windsor ONT.

Chris R

Quest bars are the most popular ones, but those have gotten extremely expensive the past year. I have switched to something called Combat Crunch, gluten free and a lot cheaper, tastes better too.

Costco has a "Quest" bar now. Under $1 a bar, 21g protein and ultra low sugar. I have the box sitting here at work for breakfast when I'm too lazy to wake up and cook some eggs in the morning.

Pikma

Banned
So I hate creating speculation but going by how this is being treated by the Stars organization, it seems like Strader's illness could be really really bad, I really hope I'm wrong.

Wish him the best...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Another good one I have discovered lately is called Daryl's, its a little more healthy and has more natural products, much cheaper too. Usually find them at any popeyes. Also its a good ole Canadian company, made in Windsor ONT.

Costco has a "Quest" bar now. Under $1 a bar, 21g protein and ultra low sugar. I have the box sitting here at work for breakfast when I'm too lazy to wake up and cook some eggs in the morning.

"Fit Crunch" is one I've found that is only about ~$2 with 27g of protein. They are pretty big too, works great for meal replacement.

Thanks homies

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for the Sony Conference. I have a good feeling about it.

The only game that could get me genuinely excited this E3 is a Splatoon sequel but we already know it's not happening. Haven't even watched a single conference this year, and barely watched any trailers so far.

Titanfall 2 could be good I guess.

Top Bottom