• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

For all I know he very well might be capable of being better, but I'd caution that he often said the right things in his last couple years in Toronto too. Stuff like "we want to possess the puck" and whatever else modern NHL coaches preach.

Unfortunately he more often than not seemed dumbfounded at how to fix even the problems he recognized. In some ways, that is even more damning than a coach who won't adapt. He looked like a coach who was incapable of adapting because he simply didn't possess the requisite skill or knowledge.

“As far as the analytics issue – that was never ever an issue from my perspective. I feel there’s a place for analytics in the game. It’s a place for us as a hockey department, as a coaching staff, to decide what analytics you want to use. There are different statistics made available to you some people find important,” Carlyle said. "Analytics in my name is just an expanded view of stats. It’s proven there are positives that come from it and I think that I’ve never been adverse to using analytics and the people in Toronto will tell you that."

ruh roh.

That Kimmel Kings segment is hilarious. Kings "fans" :lol

Just pre-ordered South Park.

Of all of the games that did well at E3 I get that one first. Mainly to get Stick of Truth for free as well, but ehh.

Also debating on getting:
  • Either Forza or NHL
  • Two of Gears 4, Battlefield 1, and TitanFall2
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Sea of Thieves

Thoughts from all y'all?

All things Japan.

God of War. Sea of Thieves. Abzu. For Honor. Steep. Watch Dogs 2

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We Happy Few looks really cool. Very Bioshocky.

Looked neat, but not really something I'd be excited to play.

Do you like JRPGs???

Cuz Nier.

Also Nioh which is Dark Souls esque set in feudal Japan.

Abzu is the follow up to Journey. Cuphead always looks cool.

Cuphead looks awesome as always, but the rest is meh.

Spiderman and Days Gone... I might have to think about getting a PS4/Neo next year.

Days Gone looked like State of Decay to me, but Spider-Man might be awesome.

I just don't get excited over most games now, unless they're trying something new like Sea of Thieves, or the nostalgia for Nintendo.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Alright about to finalize my pre-orders for the year with the 20% off since that's all we get in canada now (fuck that)

NHL17
Pokemon Moon
CivVI
Persona5

those are I think the only games I would get day1, anything else I can wait for reviews/sales I think...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of good games this year. And now I can finally stop "not confirming nor denying" about that damn Spider-Man game. Good on Insomniac for taking that challenge.

I still haven't completely narrowed down which games I want to get from the E3 sale. Here's what I have on my "list" so far:

Persona 5 (PS3)
Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocalypse
Either one of Pokemon Sun or Moon
Trails of Cold Steel II Vita (Still need to finish SC and Cold Steel one actually)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (Vita)

Not too much for me this year but I still got to narrow that down.

Also I would like to point out that Paper Mario: Colour Splash is 90 bucks on Amazon Canada. Excuse me while I vomit at the state of our dollar.

Games I'll be getting:

Gwent
Battlefield 1
Halo Wars 2
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Civ VI

Games I might get:
Gears of War 4
Forza Horizon 3

All on PC, what a time to be alive. Spider-Man looks awesome, but I don't own a PS4. Zelda also looks good, but I refuse to buy it because of the lack of Linkle and Nintendo employees representing themselves negatively with arm lingerie.
I don't own a Nintendo console either.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, we're doing a games we're gonna get thing now?

Horizon
CoD: Infinite Warfare
God of War
Batman VR
Spider-Man
Days Gone
Zelda
NHL 17
Detroit
Battlefield 1

Yawnier

Banned
AIl I have pre-ordered is FFXV and Battlefield 1. I might pre-order another game or two before the amazon promo ends, I'm not sure yet.

Not much else this year interests me as a day 1 must buy tbh.

Lots of good games this year. And now I can finally stop "not confirming nor denying" about that damn Spider-Man game. Good on Insomniac for taking that challenge.

Wait what. Do you work at sucker punch?

imBask

Banned
my e3 pre-order list right now :
-Pokemon Sun
-Horizon
-FF XV (49.99 CAD is a damn steal)
-World of FF
-Star Ocean 4
-Persona 5

I think i'm turning into a weeb, send help

also i'm coming back from Niagara Falls tomorrow morning, it was fun, and one of the arcade had a nice signed Phaderp Leafs jersey on their wall

-Pokemon Sun
-Horizon
-World of FF
-Star Ocean 4
-Persona 5

also i'm coming back from Niagara Falls tomorrow morning, it was fun, and one of the arcade had a nice signed Phaderp Leafs jersey on their wall

Add Nier 2 to that list

Everyone here owns a copy of Gwent. Good on you.

You don't technically own it, but it's free. If you don't play it, you're a Smelly-tier commie.

Yawnier

Banned
-Pokemon Sun
-Horizon
-World of FF
-Star Ocean 4
-Persona 5

God damn dude I thought you said you hated anime

Line_HTX

-Pokemon Sun
-Horizon
-World of FF
-Star Ocean 4
-Persona 5

The conversion is real. You need Gears of War 4.

Yawnier

Banned
I don't know what it is with dumb weeb games, there's something to them... like 80s shlock movies, the attraction is too strong

I'm the same way for some japanese games. I eat up those Tales of and Dynasty Warriors games like candy. As long as the gameplay or combat is fun.

Cake Boss

Banned
x6QNLbP.jpg

Dopeysan

Top Bottom