• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Foggy

Arm lingerie is the best lingerie.

I would feel pity for Anaheim, but they root for a team that has Corey Perry.

A swim up bar is a divine creation.

Razorskin

----- ------
dHcsF6P.png

https://twitter.com/nicholsonhockey/status/742738430983995393

Quick

Banned
Arm lingerie is the best lingerie.

I would feel pity for Anaheim, but they root for a team that has Corey Perry.

A swim up bar is a divine creation.

Foggy, how's your vacation? I'm pretty jealous, especially with the weather in Toronto right now (it's hot as fuck, and all I wanna do is chill by either a pool, lake, or ocean).

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Foggy, how's your vacation? I'm pretty jealous, especially with the weather in Toronto right now (it's hot as fuck, and all I wanna do is chill by either a pool, lake, or ocean).

Quick, pls.

This is not hot as fuck weather. It's really nice out.

Foggy

It's pretty rad. My fiancée gets more out of these vacations than I do, but I welcome reading comics on the beach and having all-inclusive drinks/food at my disposal. Pro tip: don't sleep on Groupon trips. Roundtrip non-stop airfare from Cincinnati to Freeport, 4 nights(not a great resort but more than good enough), airport transportation, and all-inclusive food and drinks has set us back $600 each. This is the beginning of their storm season but we've been lucky and it's all sunshine so far. Treat yo self, Quick.

Swimming up is great, drunk swimming back is problematic.

The best kind of problems!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Good question lol

it should be, people would watch that shit

I sure hope so, I'd watch the hell out of that. Make it by team.

"From the Toronto Maple Leafs, we select...."

cue the reaction shots to that team's locker room where all the unprotected players sit together anxiously waiting

HOly FUCK... I don't get SE's marketing...

Tabata's presentation just now was incredible... it showed how the gameplay actually is and gave context as to why yesterday's demo sucked lol Well I am saved! My hype is saved.

Titan looks fucking incredible

Wait Mode looks cool.

It's the closest thing to turn based mode that those who want it can get. I just don't get why they didn't show this footage yesterday and shown a more serious trailer at the Sony conferfence and the Afrojack one sometime this week.

But my hype is back after the downturn it took yesterday. I need to really take my emotions away from this fucking game. 10 goddamn years.

Mafia 3 looks damn good

I just got home from the euros to see that Iceland tied against Portugal. Wonderful!

The atmosphere in Paris was great during the weekend. In really glas I got the chance to go. Sucks that Swedens performance was so abysmal though, really an anti climax. And I also think that the tickets we had were in the most boring section of the stadium. Just old chumps from the football association.

If anyone else get the chance to go I definately recommend it (looking at you Pikma).

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
HOly FUCK... I don't get SE's marketing...

Tabata's presentation just now was incredible... it showed how the gameplay actually is and gave context as to why yesterday's demo sucked lol Well I am saved! My hype is saved.

Titan looks fucking incredible

Sabotaging the MS presser.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Catching up on some trailers, Sea of Thieves looks fun. Scalebound seems to be doing the same won't-shut-the-hell-up protagonist as Horizon. Recore looked meh.

Any smaller games with good trailers or gameplay reveals?

Not really interested in the AAA sequels to series I never played.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Catching up on some trailers, Sea of Thieves looks fun. Scalebound seems to be doing the same won't-shut-the-hell-up protagonist as Horizon. Recore looked meh.

We Happy Few looks really cool. Very Bioshocky.

Do you like JRPGs???

Cuz Nier.

Also Nioh which is Dark Souls esque set in feudal Japan.

Abzu is the follow up to Journey. Cuphead always looks cool.

The more I read about Carlyle and his redemption process, the more I'm calming down.

He's obviously learned. And Hockey Ops aren't dumb enough to see how Carlyle has been the past few years and just gone "hey yeah that's cool, we're cool with this".

He's talking about injecting YOUTH back in the team, holding PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE and UPPING THE PACE.

Players seem to approve:

Murray: "I reached out to a few players, and the support for Randy was unbelievable. A few even pushed for him. It was good."

and most importantly... Teemu approves:

Teemu Selanne ‏@TeemuSel8nne
Great hire!!Welcome back @AnaheimDucks sir Randy Carlyle! Who remember what happened 2007🏆?! How about Stanley cup Again 2017?! Can't wait..

If I were a ducks fan I would be so terrified right now.

I just look at what Carlyle did to Gardiner's and Rielly's development for a little while and I see what he could do to a Lindholm, Fowler, or one of their other younger players... and yikes.

Lindholm and Fowler aren't kids anymore. They're studs.

Gathering up fodder for the Wall of Shame following the Anaheim Ducks 2017 Stanley Cup Champion Celebration.

You mean Washington Capitals 2017 Champions yeah?

It never seazes to amaze me how grown men can have a bias for a box with electronics inside.

Right??? Like, people show actual emotion and trade insults and negativity over... a fucking glorified VCR. Chill the hell out and get some perspective, prepubescent knob goblins.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Bioshock games were some of my favorites last gen. Hope the remaster is legit. I will pick that up for sure.

Yeah Bioshock Infinite was... amazing. (1&2 too ofc, but Infinite more recent)

I also liked Detroit Become Human

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD1pbWCJcKQ

looks interesting if it delivers on what it looks like it's promising, an actual VARIETY of endings that depend on your actions, not ME-style "pick your favourite colour" endings where everything that led up to it didn't matter at all. If they can meld that into a good story where it matters... should be good.

That Kimmel Kings segment is hilarious. Kings "fans" :lol

Just pre-ordered South Park.

Of all of the games that did well at E3 I get that one first. Mainly to get Stick of Truth for free as well, but ehh.

Also debating on getting:
  • Either Forza or NHL
  • Two of Gears 4, Battlefield 1, and TitanFall2
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Sea of Thieves

Thoughts from all y'all?

zroid

Banned
The more I read about Carlyle and his redemption process, the more I'm calming down.

He's obviously learned. And Hockey Ops aren't dumb enough to see how Carlyle has been the past few years and just gone "hey yeah that's cool, we're cool with this".

For all I know he very well might be capable of being better, but I'd caution that he often said the right things in his last couple years in Toronto too. Stuff like "we want to possess the puck" and whatever else modern NHL coaches preach.

Unfortunately he more often than not seemed dumbfounded at how to fix even the problems he recognized. In some ways, that is even more damning than a coach who won't adapt. He looked like a coach who was incapable of adapting because he simply didn't possess the requisite skill or knowledge.

Top Bottom