• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Red wings are offering jurco, pulkinnen and a 2nd to take datsyuk?

Fuck stamkos lol let's add another bad contract for that price

:lol I've been lurking that thread. The age thing never occurred to me.

Same.

Being a visible minority I'm a lot happier with the ethnic diversity in the game versus the age thing...but I'm also square in the middle of Overwatch's character age group so it probably wouldn't occur to me in the first place. It's a good point but one that's not that important for me.

I've long held that Nintendo has undertaken the correct strategy when it comes to this stuff: don't even acknowledge it. You can never win, and once you start trying to please these people not only does it never stop escalating, but you become a target like a bleeding seal off the warm California coast. Just say "but Link is a male, though" and move on.

You could make a game meeting every single demand coming from a thread like that, and it will still be met with more outrage than if you had just released something like Senran Kagura in the first place.

Succinct, and completely the bottom line.

I used to love the fact social justice, tolerance and inclusion was gaining momentum years ago... But now... well, someone put it best: "I once had this crazy idea that "social justice" was about trying to be a more compassionate person, & not just being another kind of bully".

imBask

Banned
Succinct, and completely the bottom line.

I used to love the fact social justice, tolerance and inclusion was gaining momentum years ago... But now... well, someone put it best: "I once had this crazy idea that "social justice" was about trying to be a more compassionate person, & not just being another kind of bully".

it's a progressive pissing contest , everyone wants to prove their even more progressive than the last person, because that's cool

You know what was technically progressive? Communism, let's all defend Marx

Calamari41

41 > 38
it's a progressive pissing contest , everyone wants to prove their even more progressive than the last person, because that's cool

I wonder what issue nobody is thinking about right now, and which nobody has ever thought about before, but will define whether or not someone should be cast out from society one year from now.

I just hate when diversity and inclusion gets treated as a list of check boxes. If one demographic is left out then there's whistle blowers. It's hard to have perfect symmetry with every type of person represented. I'm all for a more diverse cast of characters, but it's difficult to impossible to represent everyone.

Quick

Banned
https://twitter.com/NHL_AaronWard/status/743807645409239040

Expect Detroit Red Wings to make announcement tomorrow along with Pavel Datsyuk confirming he will not be returning next year.

Wingfan, step back from the ledge!

Side note: Does Aaron Ward actually work for a network now? Seems like he's been slowly firing out inside info again.

Also:

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/743793309395619840

#Isles GM Garth Snow on @SiriusXMNHL just now on Okposo: "We wish him nothing but the best." Think that tells you where that's headed.

So, Okposo's walking then.

Foggy

I had to double-check to make sure I didn't accidentally stumbled into KotakuInAction for a moment there.

Let's be real, it'd take at least 15 more stages of devolving to get to that point.

It's largely a net positive, so I'm more than willing to just let stupid social progressives be stupid with the hopes they'll figure it out. At least I would hope someone could realize that a popular sci-fi metaphor isn't really appropriation. Kids are being armed with a wealth of rhetorical and ideological tools; some just want to be able to use a sledgehammer as a flyswatter. The vast majority are great people trying to do great things and I can't sneer at that.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

zroid

Banned
One of my oldest friends is Croatian so I've always cheered for them at the Euros / Worlds

would be so awesome if they go deep into the tournament

One of my oldest friends is Croatian so I've always cheered for them at the Euros / Worlds

would be so awesome if they go deep into the tournament

Yeah I am rooting for them too. I hope that Poland, Croatia, Iceland, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary all make noise

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
https://twitter.com/NHL_AaronWard/status/743807645409239040

Wingfan, step back from the ledge!

Side note: Does Aaron Ward actually work for a network now? Seems like he's been slowly firing out inside info again.
I've already made up my mind that he was walking at the end of the season. Now the rumors are spurring up about Holland going hard after Stamkos. At this point, I'd take that trade off in a heart beat. Detroit needs to shift focus to the younger guys again with Larkin/Tatar/Nyquist/AA/Sheahan leading the way.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wish I was good with Tracer, a great Tracer player is probably the most frustrating thing to deal with in the game outside of a good Lucio player.

I wish I was good with Tracer, a great Tracer player is probably the most frustrating thing to deal with in the game outside of a good Lucio player.

Most people are annoyed by Tracer, but I'm rarely yelled at since there's a high learning curve on Tracer. I'm like a fly, distracting the enemy team from the objective.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Most people are annoyed by Tracer, but I'm rarely yelled at since there's a high learning curve on Tracer. I'm like a fly, distracting the enemy team from the objective.
Yea, the best ones are constantly getting behind the other team and harassing them constantly, it's incredibly frustrating but a great strategy. I've tried playing with her, but I just can't get the hang of it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
why is a great Lucio player "tough" to deal with? I don't understand. He can nullify a lot of enemy supers and just provides decent support, but he's not "annoying" like a good tracer player is.

also lol@people complaining "Mei doesn't look or sound like a 31-year old woman"

dude she's Asian&31, she can look and act 19 for all it's worth and I'd still go "that's legit I know people like that in real life" BECAUSE I DO KNOW PEOPLE LIKE THAT IN REAL LIFE. And Mercy is 37, as if white 37-year old women all look like a grandma or what? I mean fuck, Mercy is SWISS, I of all people should know how 37-year old Swiss women look like....

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
this is so dumb.

I'm also contemplating buying Overwatch on PC on top of the PS4 copy I have to play with you guys.

damnit

JOIN US IN GLORIOUS BATTLE

TUSR is too high and mighty to play with us.

Tracer is the best, you just have to do some dynamic thinking.

Mercy isn't the best anything.

Nah, I've played with TUSR.

Lucio is still the best. Good Tracers are annoying as shit. Like I said, I'll try her again at some point.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lucio is really good but he's not ANNOYING like a good tracer is...

Mei is still secretly the best character in the game

Mei is irritating as fuck.

It doesn't help that whenever there's a Mei on our own team she always sucks so much (I'm talking putting a wall between the low-health enemy and myself all the fucking time so I can't kill them)

I like to think I'm pretty liberal/progressive and then I hear some people shout what they believe then I believe I'm only progressive in comparison to my Republican buddies in the OC.

Top Bottom