• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

imBask

Banned
You get in the 11 range and the teams you're choosing from are shit

9M to play for a shitty team, in a city with high taxes and a broken housing market

11M to play down south with no pressure and actually have a chance to win a cup

it really depends on the type of person he is at that point, but I doubt he'll sign for the leafs for any less than 10-11M anyway

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
God fucking dammit ep 12 of Orange is the New Black.

I need to take a fucking break before I watch the next episode.

How was the new season?

I didn't hate last season like some others, but I'd be lying if I said I remembered what happened over the majority of it.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Is the new season any better than the last? Because wow, it was bad

I like it much better than S3. It's a bit more focused. And more dark. Some of the things going on are seriously fucked up. And that episode 12 had me ugly crying.

How was the new season?

I didn't hate last season like some others, but I'd be lying if I said I remembered what happened over the majority of it.

See above. And yeah, watching this season made me realize that I'd forgotten most of S3. I couldn't remember why Sophia was in the schu or why Nikki was in max, the guard drama.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
9M to play for a shitty team, in a city with high taxes and a broken housing market

11M to play down south with no pressure and actually have a chance to win a cup

it really depends on the type of person he is at that point, but I doubt he'll sign for the leafs for any less than 10-11M anyway

Leafs are on the verge of being a competitive team

honestly if Lou Lamoriello was a wizard and was able to trade players like Laich, Bernier, Michalek, Robidas rotting corpse... the team would be pretty damn good heading into next season if they'd get a key pickup in goal and defense (in addition to stamkos)

but this season there's too much cap burden even for lamiorello to wiggle out of

imBask

Banned
But seriously Lou is a wizard, but spitting on the biggest contract offer in NHL history (to date) to join the Leafs would be a really bad move.

I know ex-Lionhead developers are going to do a Fable spiritual successor on Kickstarter, which I'll probably back, but I can't see it ending up well. A RPG of that ilk needs serious funding.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers' season opener is the most hype it's been in a long, long time. At home for the first time in 9 years, and, for only the second time ever, it's against the Islanders.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, the Islanders' home opener is October 16 against the Ducks, which means the Rangers will also be seeing the Ducks right off the bat.

The Rangers will also partake in Carolina's home opener, which is inexplicably on October 28.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Also, the Islanders' home opener is October 16 against the Ducks, which means the Rangers will also be seeing the Ducks right off the bat.

The Rangers will also partake in Carolina's home opener, which is inexplicably on October 28.

Will be nice for Randy to be able to break himself in a little bit with a couple of gimmies right off the bat.

Quick

Banned
Owning a car is a fucking money pit, god damn.

I'm having an issue with my rear suspension creaking and it's annoying as fuck. I don't have the proper equipment to lift my car up enough to grease it up myself, meaning I'll have to bring it to a mechanic.

I just need to buy a new car at this point. lol

Top Bottom