• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Calamari41

41 > 38
are we talking "go out there and play hard" orders or "at exactly 13:20, punch LeBron in the face" orders?

Timestamped orders

I do think that they just let them play in game 7s in the Finals like this. My proof is that every game this series has been a convenient blowout except for this one. Hmm!

Marvie_3

Banned
Wow. Watching Cubs/Pirates and saw that a Cleveland team won a championship. Had to look outside to see if the world was ending. Crazy.

Finally a good game and luckily it was game 7. Glad the Cleve got a ship. I wouldn't mind seein the INdians win one too but the Browns I hope are forever terrible

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ClXLBDLWAAA-JzZ.jpg:large

giphy.gif

Some whiny little kids touch the trophy first? Are you fucking kidding me?

calder

386c22514b7242d8bebdd9e0a56fc1af.png

it is legit scary that the crap Rogers churned out last season is their idea of "progressive"

It's hilarious that they think having a host with a goatee who isn't 60 years old was the problem. Morons, they deserve to take a bath on their rights overpay.

All I can take from this was the Raptors were so close in beating Cleveland

That team is so close. I'm so happy about that run. I'm just glad I gotten to witness a good Raptors team, even though it was scrappy most of the series they played.

Quick

Banned

386c22514b7242d8bebdd9e0a56fc1af.png

it is legit scary that the crap Rogers churned out last season is their idea of "progressive"

Just catching up now.

I had minor issues with George Stroumboulopoulos, but I didn't hate him. I think he just needed more time to sink into the role. Rogers should've done a slower transition away from CBC's broadcast by having Stroumbo host weeknight broadcasts and bring him into the HNIC proper (Saturday Night) after a few years.

Bringing Ron back could be their first good move that gives me some hope they've learned.

Now, if they can just tell Kypreos, Stock, Cox, and Healy to fuck off (to start with).

The set is legit though.

It was a major upgrade from whatever Sportsnet and especially what HNIC had.

A mostly static set can impress me once or twice. Content is what continually impresses me and is what would keep me watching. Last season gave me the impression of throwing shit on the screen to show they 1.) had screens/tech 2.) potray data as analysis when analysis needs to make meaningful interpretations with that data. Instead we got some data with as Kuro said old men yelling at each other. I think I've learned more about the game more consistently from GAF than those guys on TV...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't read the GoT threads but I read the books up to A Feast for Crows and there's a very obvious omission from the books, and I'm wondering if anyone who's read them and follows the thread / production can explain to me why this said spoiler isn't happening, and if you haven't read the books don't read this because it might still pop up in the show later on:

Is zombie Catelyn just not going to appear in the show? Have the show runners or Martin commented on this? Seems like a pretty big thing to cut...but I don't know how her story ends in the books either.

Samyy

I don't read the GoT threads but I read the books up to A Feast for Crows and there's a very obvious omission from the books, and I'm wondering if anyone who's read them and follows the thread / production can explain to me why this said spoiler isn't happening, and if you haven't read the books don't read this because it might still pop up in the show later on:

Is zombie Catelyn just not going to appear in the show? Have the show runners or Martin commented on this? Seems like a pretty big thing to cut...but I don't know how her story ends in the books either.

Yea I don't see how that would ever come up in the show

Top Bottom