• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Samyy

It seems too far gone now, I kept waiting for it to happen, I'm just surprised they cut it completely.

To be fair, after Lady Stonehearts brief introduction, we didn't hear anything about her in the books. Perhaps also saving that Lord of the light resurrection magic for Jon so its not as obvious that he would be resurrected? Idk.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
To be fair, after Lady Stonehearts brief introduction, we didn't hear anything about her in the books. Perhaps also saving that Lord of the light resurrection magic for Jon so its not as obvious that he would be resurrected? Idk.
That's true, makes sense considering how much focus the show has put on Jon, not wanting to give viewers any real hint of what was to come.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just read the thread and some people seem to believe this spoiler may appear in the next episode, would get quite the reaction.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Just read the thread and some people seem to believe this spoiler may appear in the next episode, would get quite the reaction.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back and caused me to stop watching the show. It's inclusion now would give me mixed feelings but they've since screwed up so many other things since then, I'd still be glad to have stopped.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I didn't read the books so if you guys could either stop talking about it or declare book spoilers vs show spoilers, that'd be fucking faaaantastic.

Do people really care who hosts hockey broadcasts and who is on the intermission? If you want to watch the game, you might stick around, if you don't want to watch the game you won't tune in just to see the host

Right?

Smiley90

I'm just warning people because I don't wanna have to end up murdering someone!

also saw this on reddit

"With the Cavaliers winning the 2016 NBA Championship, this is the first time a Cleveland team has won a professional championship since the Lake Erie Monsters won the AHL Championship in 2016"

:lol

Socreges

Banned
I recorded game 7 and the 3 hrs ran out with 1 min left and a 89-89 tie.....had been easily the most interesting bball game I'd seen in years so that was upsetting

Holy fuck though golden state just choked down the stretch. They sank nothing. Was Curry injured? What was his deal?

And James was clutch. That leap into the foul for three free throws was a cheat...but technically legit so good for him. And that block in the 4th quarter was unreal.

also saw this on reddit

"With the Cavaliers winning the 2016 NBA Championship, this is the first time a Cleveland team has won a professional championship since the Lake Erie Monsters won the AHL Championship in 2016"

:lol
I'm gonna use this

Smiley90

I recorded game 7 and the 3 hrs ran out with 1 min left and a 89-89 tie.....had been easily the most interesting bball game I'd seen in years so that was upsetting

Holy fuck though golden state just choked down the stretch. They sank nothing. Was Curry injured? What was his deal?

And James was clutch. That leap into the foul for three free throws was a cheat...but technically legit so good for him. And that block in the 4th quarter was unreal.

I'm gonna use this

r/hockey has some really good shit going on, like the superbowl thread that's always bigger than the ACTUAL superbowl thread or that time "Dave Cameron has been fired" made it to the front page and confused all the Brits :lol

Solo

fadebd57b5dd47429288d2c36059a8db.png

wow

This is amazing karma.

2014: Ron Maclean is annexed to parts unknown, despite being the best hockey television personality in the entire country, in order to usher in a "new, hip" NHL to cater to millenials.

2016: After everything blows up the way we knew it would, Maclean is given back the crown. Glorious.

Welcome back, Ron.

Cake Boss

Banned
Do people really care who hosts hockey broadcasts and who is on the intermission? If you want to watch the game, you might stick around, if you don't want to watch the game you won't tune in just to see the host

Right?

No but if a broadcast has shitty hosts and commentary then I usually ignore it and it ruins the game for me. Especially last year where I didn't watch a single SNES game that was on Sportsnet, coming from TSN doing your games to Sportsnet is a giant gap in quality.

Calamari41

41 > 38
40 in WORLD CELCIUS you god dang american't and your arbitrary system

Fuck your French Celsius bullshit.

OK, doing some conversions over here... shit, its going to be... 185 degrees in Orange County today? God damn, I don't know how you French handle this kind of heat. You should switch to Fahrenheit and enjoy the cooler weather.

imBask

Banned
oh shit talking about weather, there's a race track owner not too far away from Montreal who is suing a weather reporter because he said it was going to rain and it didn't, so he had to cancel 3000$ worth of reservation...

zroid

Banned
Future Considerations early top 30 for 2017

Code:
1	Nolan Patrick		Brandon		WHL		C	6-2	200
2	Timothy Liljegren	Rogle J20	SuperElit	D	6-0	190
3	Gabriel Vilardi		Windsor		OHL		C	6-2	185
4	Owen Tippett		Mississauga	OHL		RW	6-1	185
5	Maxime Comtois		Victoriaville	QMJLH		RW	6-1	195
6	Casey Mittlestadt	Eden Prairie	USHS		C	5-11	190
7	Eeli Tolvanen		Sioux City	USHL		RW	5-10	175
8	Urho Vaakanainen	Blues U20	Jr. A Liiga	D	6-1	185
9	Kristian Vesalainen	Frolunda U20	SuperElit	LW	6-3	205
10	Callan Foote		Kelowna		WHL		D	6-4	200
11	Kailer Yamamoto		Spokane		WHL		RW	5-8	160
12	Nicolas Hague		Mississauga	OHL		D	6-6	210
13	Robin Salo		Sport U20	Jr. A Liiga	D	6-0	180
14	Lias Andersson		HV71 Jr20	SuperElit	C	5-11	195
15	Juuso Valimaki		Tri City	WHL		D	6-2	200
16	Matthew Strome		Hamilton	OHL		LW	6-3	190
17	Marcus Davidsson	Djurgardens J20	SuperElit	C	6-0	185
18	Scott Reedy		NTDP U18	USHL		C	6-1	190
19	Antoine Morand		Acadie-Bathurst	QMJHL		C	5-9	170
20	Nico Hischier		Bern U20	Elite Jr. A	C	5-11	165
21	Nikita Popugayev	Moose Jaw	WHL		RW	6-4	205
22	Jesper Boqvist		Brynas J20	SuperElit	C	5-10	170
23	Max Gildon		NTDP U18	USHL		D	6-2	185
24	Klim Kostin		Balashikha	MHL		RW	6-3	185
25	Emil Oksanen		Blues U20	Jr. A Liiga	RW	6-0	180
26	Elias Pettersson	Timra J20	SuperElit	C	6-0	160
27	Shane Bowers		Waterloo	USHL		C	6-1	170
28	Michael Rasmussen	Tri City	WHL		C	6-5	205
29	Jake Oettinger		NTDP U18	USHL		G	6-4	200
30	Kirill Slepets		National U18	MHL		RW	5-10	155

ShaneB

Right?

Apparently some people think it's more important than watching your team play.

I generally don't care. Give me a simple presentation of the game that isn't distracting and I'm good to go . I don't care much at all for any of the Caps crew on the CSN broadcasts, but I tune in when the game starts, and check out when it's over.

Winning cures all. If all the Canadian teams were playing well, I'm sure ratings would just be super duper and everything is hunky dory.

I thought George was fine, just seems much better suited as a interviewer in a more personal setting. I mean I like Ron, so I'm fine and dandy with him being back. If the broadcast is filled with more puns that's a good thing!

Silexx

Today's trivia question is 'What is the worst news that Cake Boss will hear today?'

Answer:

Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 6m6 minutes ago

"Cone of silence" on Hoffman talks. Ceci talks heating up.

Silexx

Well he is a 4th liner, so it makes sense to treat him like one in the priority list of signings.

Saw your edit. ;)

Dorion has also said that he's not interested in pursuing a top 6 forward, which could indicate that he's pretty confident he can get Hoffman done.

Team Hope indeed :p

Line_HTX

oh shit talking about weather, there's a race track owner not too far away from Montreal who is suing a weather reporter because he said it was going to rain and it didn't, so he had to cancel 3000$ worth of reservation...

They said it was going to rain at the Canadian GP but it didn't.

Also some of the F1 drivers were suiting up in the Canadiens practice facility during that week. Pretty cool.

Top Bottom