• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Anaheim should have paid up for a defensive stud like Yandle. His Corsi Rel was high so he's good at defense. That's how it works now.
he's good but he's no jake gardiner :>

corsi_zpsv1dfxg3f.jpg~original

Foggy

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...akers/2016/06/kekalainen-ok-as-lone-wolf.html

Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen doesn't care how the experts see this year's draft. He doesn't care to agree with the conventional wisdom reached by media and fans after the prospects are graded and ranked by NHL's central scouting, TSN, The Hockey News, etc.

"If we pick at three, we'll get a great player," Kekalainen said. "If we move down, we're going to take a player that we feel is going to be as good -- or nearly as good -- as we would have gotten at three.
"If we move down, it's not that we're going to settle for a much lesser of a player by doing it. We feel that the top of the draft is so good that, if we're going to move back, we're probably not going to move back very much."

Kekalainen reiterated on Thursday that a trade will happen only after Toronto and Winnipeg have made their picks, which indicates that the Blue Jackets aren't exactly smitten with one of the presumed top three picks.

"I've been ripped many times when I ran the draft in Ottawa or St. Louis for taking so and so," Kekalainen said. "I remember in Ottawa, for example, we got ripped for taking Marian Hossa (No. 12 overall in 1997) ahead of some local guy from the Ottawa 67s. I don't even remember the other guy's name."

While with St. Louis, Kekalainen oversaw the 2008 draft in which the Blues took defenseman Alex Pietrangelo with the No. 4 pick, leaving Tyler Myers to slide to Buffalo with the No. 12 pick.

Yeah it's going to happen. I'll probably be taking my fiancee to see Independence Day tomorrow night, so I'm sure I'll find out just before the movie starts. Maybe the promise of explosions and Jeff Goldblum will dull the pain.

Is Fowler even thattttt good?

He's a top unit guy, PP, PK, all situations, always got the match ups against the other team's best line, had to do it with Lovejoy/Bieksa/Despres... And sometimes Stoner. Easily a pretty good and getting to fit in as a leader since Beauchemin left. Only weakness is he shies from being too physical and has an average wrister of a slap shot.

zroid

Banned
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...akers/2016/06/kekalainen-ok-as-lone-wolf.html

Yeah it's going to happen. I'll probably be taking my fiancee to see Independence Day tomorrow night, so I'm sure I'll find out just before the movie starts. Maybe the promise of explosions and Jeff Goldblum will dull the pain.

Kind of weird how there's been all these hints that Winnipeg maybe prefers Puljujarvi to Laine, and Columbus isn't that high on Puljujarvi

maybe they should just trade picks... Jarmo can throw in a 3rd or something

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Something came up at work right before that press conference, but it was pretty obvious what he was going to say. No team is willing to part with what it would take to get Subban, end of discussion, all you vultures can circle Fowlers corpse. On that note, definitely not going into work tomorrow with all this potential fuckery going on.

When Bergevin has to hold a press conference to say he is not trading Subban, it means he is trading Subban. Dat damage control.
The conference had been scheduled for a while and was to talk about the draft, Benning fucked everything up this morning when he opened his big mouth.

Socreges

Banned
My OnePlus One fried this morning (water damage + 4A charger = bad times) and so I'm back with my S3 from 2 years ago. Fuck it's totally fine except they don't support it with software updates. Imagine a world where old phones got new features and were optimised. No one would upgrade and technology wouldn't advance as quickly but hey we wouldn't give a shit since we wouldn't know any better.

Seriously it's stunning to realise the diminishing returns in recent years. I just bought a OnePlus 3 and now I feel silly

EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING
Has anything actually happened?

DopeyFish

Brexit is going to fuck the western countries so hard

It reminds me though how close canada was to fucking itself with separation referendum

DopeyFish

Just got back from Independence Day...anything happen with Brexit?! I'm seeing a ton of posts in the Brexit thread.

Leave is going to win

Ireland wants to break from the UK

Scotland will follow, effectively ending the UK

Cameron may be resigning

British Economy is tanking

Top Bottom