• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

calder

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Jets today received a very significant offer for the No. 2 pick. But as of now sticking with the pick..

Gulp.

Also Calgary come on, PAVELEC! He's right here for the taking! Like, give us a 5th round pick available!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Probably from Columbus if they're not hot on the 3rd. No way they'd trade before seeing who the Leafs pick first though. If they're not hot on Laine and would pick Puljujarvi anyway, they might just do it if the Leafs pick Matthews, but would look stupid if they end up picking Laine and could've had Matthews.

I think jets are drafting puljujarvi

If they're planning on doing that they really SHOULD trade down.

Probably from Columbus if they're not hot on the 3rd. No way they'd trade before seeing who the Leafs pick first though. If they're not hot on Laine and would pick Puljujarvi anyway, they might just do it if the Leafs pick Matthews, but would look stupid if they end up picking Laine and could've had Matthews.

Matthews isn't going #1? If?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

If they're planning on doing that they really SHOULD trade down.

I think the reason columbus is getting nervous with the third is the belief jets may be picking pul, columbus seems to prefer pul to laine

calder

I think jets are drafting puljujarvi

I'd be shocked if they didn't take Laine. It's not impossible of course, but... nah.

I think the reason columbus is getting nervous with the third is the belief jets may be picking pul, columbus seems to prefer pul to laine

That's... a bold reading of the text. It's much more likely that Columbus isn't crazy about Puljarjvi - in large part because they really want a center - and as a result they don't want to waste the third on Pulj if they can get the guy they really want at 4 or 5.

Smiley90

David Pagnotta
‏@TheFourthPeriod
Evander Kane facing 2 crime reports, per WIVB in Buffalo

welp

Darren DregerVerified account
‏@DarrenDreger
Brad Treliving has been among most engaged in discussions as draft floor fills up. Jarmo Kekelainen and Treliving now in 3rd discussion.

Frank SeravalliVerified account
‏@frank_seravalli Frank Seravalli Retweeted Darren Dreger
Bobrovsky believed to be avail #CBJ. Huge ticket $7.4M x 3. Contract can't wow CGY, but acquistn cost will be lower.

welp Foggy

David Pagnotta
‏@TheFourthPeriod
Evander Kane facing 2 crime reports, per WIVB in Buffalo

welp

Darren DregerVerified account
‏@DarrenDreger
Brad Treliving has been among most engaged in discussions as draft floor fills up. Jarmo Kekelainen and Treliving now in 3rd discussion.

Frank SeravalliVerified account
‏@frank_seravalli Frank Seravalli Retweeted Darren Dreger
Bobrovsky believed to be avail #CBJ. Huge ticket $7.4M x 3. Contract can't wow CGY, but acquistn cost will be lower.

welp Foggy

EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING

Foggy

750.gif

calder

Oh Evander.

*IF* the report is true I'd bet on it being the sort of little dumb shit he gets involved with, like pushing a maitre d' or something.

I hope.

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 10m10 minutes ago

Lots of steam today that #mnwild and #oilers could partner up tonight. Wild likely targeting Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Oilers Brodin or Dumba
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 8m8 minutes ago

If RNH is indeed dealt tonight, it would come five years to the day after being drafted first overall in Minnesota

#mnwild

Dope

EDIT: Thanks Creeper.

calder

Reports on who is TALKING to whom on the draft floor are hilarious

so much thirst

At least half the convos on the floor are of the "we had the best steak last night at this place down the street, you guy should check it out" variety for sure.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 4m4 minutes ago
#NYR GM Jeff Gorton is trying 2 move Girardi and/or M.Staal as #NHL Draft nears, per source. Each would have to waive no-move clauses tho

Smiley90

Oh Evander.

*IF* the report is true I'd bet on it being the sort of little dumb shit he gets involved with, like pushing a maitre d' or something.

I hope.

David Pagnotta
David Pagnotta – ‏@TheFourthPeriod

Evander Kane reportedly got into an altercation after getting kicked out of the bar Bottom's Up last night in Buffalo.

calder

David Pagnotta
David Pagnotta – ‏@TheFourthPeriod

Evander Kane reportedly got into an altercation after getting kicked out of the bar Bottom's Up last night in Buffalo.

If you were to do some fancystats on things NHLers get arrested/sued for I would put serious money on "punching a bouncer" being #1.

Top Bottom