• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

hmmm
vcBRHnm.png

He would be a good upgrade.

In fact if Bergevin were smart he'd be negotiating with AGally *this* summer instead of next after the Subban situation. Much like Subban, you could get him at very fair term/amount right now, but if he puts up 65-70 next year.....history will repeat itself.

Except there's no reason for Galchenyuk to negotiate now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This is the site I use Smelly: http://ownthepuck.blogspot.ca/

ViU0dIY.png

But yeah I think the rumoured Canucks offer is too much. It would create too many holes to fill if they want to compete which is why they'd want Subban in the first place.

like I said - as a defensive Dman Tanev is easily a top2, the stats show that. thanks. He's OBVIOUSLY not the complete package Subban is but nobody claimed that.

Foggy

like I said - as a defensive Dman Tanev is easily a top2, the stats show that. thanks. He's OBVIOUSLY not the complete package Subban is but nobody claimed that.

Easily? Unless I'm reading that wrong, it's saying at best he's borderline top pairing.

Smiley90

Easily? Unless I'm reading that wrong, it's saying at best he's borderline top pairing.

I'm too at-work to do this now, but compare his defensive stats against any other top2 d-men in the league, I don't think you'll find 60 defensemen better defensively than him.

Foggy

I'm too at-work to do this now, but compare his defensive stats against any other top2 d-men in the league, I don't think you'll find 60 defensemen better defensively than him.

Fair enough, I won't even pretend I understand fancystats anyway. I just see numbers and assume they mean something.

zroid

Banned
Tanev is basically a slightly better version of Niklas Hjalmarsson

defensively, he's top 10 in the league, but his offensive deficiencies are pretty glaring. he's easily a top pair D-man if he's paired up with someone complementary.

Yawnier

Banned
This morning and afternoon has been way too slow aside from Subban/Fowler talk.

Hopefully the floodgates open after the first trade happens.

Smiley90

Adam Henrique did/is back to doing an Ask-Me-Anything on reddit. Pretty funny.

[–]focus_st23NJD - NHL 186 points 20 hours ago
Hey Rico!! What's the PRUCENTER WiFi password? The cell service sucks in the arena!

[–]AdamHenrique14NJD - NHL 542 points 19 hours ago
I think its devils1234. Be smart, keep this between you and your reddit brothers/sisters.

[–]mudclogNJD - NHL 232 points 19 hours ago
guys, he's right. I can confirm as I use it all the time. and he just gave it out to everyone hahaha what a beaut

[–]HotCommodity63BOS - NHL 133 points 21 hours ago

[–]AdamHenrique14NJD - NHL 373 points 20 hours ago
One time in Buffalo, I snuck into Gio's room when he wasn't there and moved every piece of furniture except the bed into his bathroom. He still doesn't know it was me. Don't tell him!!

[–]AdamHenrique14NJD - NHL 518 points 17 hours ago
Alright....who told Gio that I was the one who moved his furniture??? Just got an angry text message from him.

Your first fight in the NHL was with Iginla back in 2012. You and Iggy both had Gordie Howes that night.
How intense was that game for you? To get that Gordie Howe and going toe to toe with Iggy?

[–]AdamHenrique14NJD - NHL 356 points 20 hours ago
Hands down one of my favourite hockey moments in my career. That guy is a legend. When he dropped the mitts my only goal was to not die. Luckily, a week before that game Cam Janssen taught me how to tie up and that went a long way towards the not dying thing.

also confirmed Adam Henrique is a follower of the Don Quick school of thought

mpleafanTOR - NHL 91 points 21 hours ago
What teams have the best/worst visitor's locker rooms?

[–]AdamHenrique14NJD - NHL 469 points 20 hours ago
Worst: Carolina.... The bathroom doors don't close so you get no privacy. That's supposed to be where I do my best thinking.
Best: Buffalo's is nice. The doors shut nice and tight. I've done some pretty deep thinking in there.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure why the Stars insist on keeping Jordie. Not only is the guy slow as molasses, his positioning near the net is awful, since some of the goals scored against the Stars came from deflections off his skates.

Does Jamie have some kind of under-the-table deal to keep his older brother on the team or something?

kingslunk

I'm not sure why the Stars insist on keeping Jordie. Not only is the guy slow as molasses, his positioning near the net is awful, since some of the goals scored against the Stars came from deflections off his skates.

Does Jamie have some kind of under-the-table deal to keep his older brother on the team or something?

Pretty sure that's how we got him to sign last time. And to sign this time coming up soon. His brother plays or he walks prolly.

@MarkLazerus: Source says Andrew Shaw is asking for at least $4.5 million AAV. Moving him might be more realistic than moving Kruger. FLA a possibility.

In case you were wondering if this was still Tallon's team. Ohgodno at that AAV.

@MarkLazerus: League source says Patrick Sharp could be in play for Dallas, which desperately needs help on defense. Another possibility for Kulikov?

Nigga what

zroid

Banned
Jordie is fine as a 3rd pair guy, honestly... I think you Stars fans probably think he's worse than he is because of the Stars' poor team defence as a whole.

it keeps Jamie happy and it's a fair contract.

Cake Boss

Banned
Give me in this order please.

Ass Nylander
Juelovi
Keller
Brown
Bean

The more I watch Jost and read up on him the more he reminds me of Curtis Lazar 2.0. Another 3rd liner in the making.

I still don't know how to process the fact the Panthers are actually going for a cup. We are legit not rebuilding anymore, this is literally the first time ever.

Marvie_3

Banned
Tanev is basically a slightly better version of Niklas Hjalmarsson

defensively, he's top 10 in the league, but his offensive deficiencies are pretty glaring. he's easily a top pair D-man if he's paired up with someone complementary.
have you ever watched Hjalmarsson play? Guy is vastly underrated.

$4.5 M for Shaw?

Tvdf3KE.gif
I wouldnt pay Shaw half that. Somebody will though.

zroid

Banned
have you ever watched Hjalmarsson play? Guy is vastly underrated.

I wouldnt pay Shaw half that. Somebody will though.

I wasn't trying to criticize Hammer at all. Like Tanev, he's probably a top 10 defensive D-man in the league. They're very similar players.

LeBlanc on New Arena: ‘We Have Selected a Site’

A few more years in Glendale, but Coyotes moving forward on an east valley location, more than half of which will be privately financed.

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Coyotes President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc on Friday said the team has decided on a location for its next arena.

“We have made some significant progress in the last several weeks and we are down to the point where we have selected a site,” LeBlanc told reporters at the team’s NHL Draft headquarters. “We’re not at liberty to disclose the site at this point, but we are moving forward and are actually in the process of trading legal documentation between us and the organizations that we’re working with. We anticipate getting that done over the next several weeks.”

LeBlanc said the site of the new arena would be announced at some point this summer.

The Coyotes are under contract with the City of Glendale to play the 2016-17 season at Gila River Arena.

“I think it’s fair to say that it will be this season plus two more (in Gila River Arena),” LeBlanc said.

LeBlanc and other members of the team’s management staff recently toured new hockey arenas in Las Vegas and Edmonton, and are excited about building a modern rink for the Coyotes.

“This arena will be financed in what’s referred to as a public/private fashion, but more than 50 percent of the financing will be privately done by the Coyotes,” LeBlanc said. “That’s significant.”

The Coyotes were considering multiple sites, but LeBlanc said the time arrived to pick one.

“We’re very, very happy with where we’re moving forward at this point,” LeBlanc said. “We’re now focused on where we envision our long-term future to be in the Valley and that’s a good thing.”

Smiley90

oh god I just had a terrible idea

what if Benning is using Demko as a trade piece

thank god for Carey Price still being reasonably young

Top Bottom