• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Almost, brosef. Just need Red and Schuey to say their goodbyes.
When-my-computer-finally-broke.-Had-it-for-7-years_1e4162_4158593.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Damn Tampa, they even have the calculations done for their odds and the teams odds on the value of their picks. Got damn!

I am hopeful that SNES did just 10% of that homework.

extra 5m cap space.

Fletcher was quoted as saying that the only way he would buyout Vanek was if he had a trade going on that required Wild to bring in extra salary, or if they are going after a free agent.

I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky that if Fletcher goes out and gets some other big expensive free agent I'm going to be pissed.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait, why would Calgary be talking to Bishop himself, I'm confused. About whether he'd be convinced to waive his NMC? They need a goalie desperately but I'm not sure they can afford Bishop... should've outbid the Leafs for Andersen.

I wonder if they'd be interested in Miller..........

ZeroGravity

Wait, why would Calgary be talking to Bishop himself, I'm confused. About whether he'd be convinced to waive his NMC?
Bishop has only one year left on his contract. Anyone willing to pay the high price for him is going to want to know if they can get him signed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wait, why would Calgary be talking to Bishop himself, I'm confused. About whether he'd be convinced to waive his NMC? They need a goalie desperately but I'm not sure they can afford Bishop... should've outbid the Leafs for Andersen.

They are talking to bishop to see if they could agree on an extension

Makes it seem price for bishop is high

MikeRahl

He'll be talking extension. No one is going to give up a big pick for a player that is going to leave in a year. Especially a goalie.

Smiley90

Bishop has only one year left on his contract. Anyone willing to pay the high price for him is going to want to know if they can get him signed.

They are talking to bishop to see if they could agree on an extension

Makes it seem price for bishop is high

He'll be talking extension. No one is going to give up a big pick for a player that is going to leave in a year. Especially a goalie.

so a) NMC waive and b) whether after a trade he's willing to instantly extend? I guess that makes sense, thanks

We have Stone Cold Steve Mason to be tradeable. Obviously not the quality of Bishop but still a good goaltender.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Was talk earlier in the week of Montreal interested in both the 3rd and 4th overall draft picks. #NHLDraft

Wut

We're definitely sticking to the 9th pick aren't we?

Smiley90

Wut

We're definitely sticking to the 9th pick aren't we?

well to be fair they're likely not THAT interested in the 3rd but because of rumours that the 3rd is in play in general they might be considering it (e.g. price for the 3rd might not be a lot higher than for the 4th depending on the team's willingness to trade).

The Oilers should really trade down to 6 and pick Juolevi but god knows what they're doing.

I will look forward to the Canucks hopefully picking Dubois or Tkachuk....

Wow Tampa did their homework. I may have mentioned this before but while they need the cap space, trading away Bishop when Vasilevskiy only has a small body of work may hurt them in the long run.

Top Bottom