• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Definitely nothing like Murray which I was afraid of

Still we draft another player with some hometown connection to Ottawa like before.

Well I don't think Murray was scared of Russians either in the beginning, but Bashkirov staying in Russia spooked him a bit. Too bad, because it cost us Tarasenko :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The more I read about Sergachev, the happier I am with the pick. Knowing the Oilers were prepared to use a 4th pick on him instills confidence as well.

Edit: Lol Bruins

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m1 minute ago

Yzerman says he would consider a sign-and-trade if he can't get Stamkos under contract. Would get him an asset, player an eight-year deal.

JVR or Bozak for Stamkos!

The more I read about Sergachev, the happier I am with the pick. Knowing the Oilers were prepared to use a 4th pick on him instills confidence as well.

trevor1-e1410034572875.jpg

TIMMMMMMMINS

I'm always keen to see how draft picks we acquire from player trades work out.

If Andersen is a blowout for the Leafs, and Steel becames Good As Heck then it'll be Rackell and Gibson for Tyler Biggs all over again.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m1 minute ago

Yzerman says he would consider a sign-and-trade if he can't get Stamkos under contract. Would get him an asset, player an eight-year deal.

JVR or Bozak for Stamkos!

I'd prefer bozak, but i think in this case he means picks or prospects

Yawnier

Banned
Some good players at 31 tomorrow.

But I'm not really attached to that pick so if they trade down like last year I'm completely on board.

Yawnier

Banned
I think Leafs will trade down. Whole night to field offers from teams that have a guy they're targeting.

Yeah and this tweet you posted here a little while back spooked the hell out of me:

@ryanfancey

Absurd stat: Every 31st overall pick from the last twenty years has 95 NHL points combined. Artem Chubarov is responsible for 58 of them.

Foggy

Came home from the movies to see that my dog pulled my Oculus Rift off my computer desk and pissed all over it. Besides that, what'd I miss?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looking at the point totals which are almost similar, I can see why they moved Shaw in for Eller. He'll get in front of the net and cause havok, something that only Gallagher does and he actually has decent corsi numbers. The issue is the fact he played with Toews a lot, and it remains to be seen how he fairs away from an All Star line up. I'm not worried about the length of the contract, he's only 24 and the type of player GM's will trade for 3-4 years from now.

iLLmAtlc

Looking at the point totals which are almost similar, I can see why they moved Shaw in for Eller. He'll get in front of the net and cause havok, something that only Gallagher does and he actually has decent corsi numbers. The issue is the fact he played with Toews a lot, and it remains to be seen how he fairs away from an All Star line up. I'm not worried about the length of the contract, he's only 24 and the type of player GM's will trade for 3-4 years from now.

This might help

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1602&withagainst=true&season=2013-16&sit=5v5

Top Bottom