• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@DarrenDreger 40s40 seconds ago

Lou Lamoriello and Mike Babcock off to side of draft floor involved in a fairly intense conversation.

"what the fuck you doing lou?!"

Just saw Kuli was traded. Disappointed to see him go, only dude left pre-Tallon. Not familiar with Pysk but we still need more D. Now have the space to go after Demers or another Dman

yyzjohn

Banned
YebfOPH.png

Like anyone can accurately project how any pick from round 2 onwards will pan out. You could probably draw names from a hat and have the same rate of success.

imBask

Banned
I have literally no idea who any of those guys are past Dubois, I just want hot trades, you guys promised me some hot trades

Brinbe

Looking forward to the hot takes after the Leafs draft is over.

Already seeing a ton of them now lol

All we know right now is that they valued big, fast guys who we hope can develop. Not as if our system is starved of smaller, skilled guys right now. I don't get the worry.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm worried that ownership is meddling and trying to get the Leafs to be a competitive team ASAP now that they've drafted their number 1 centre.

or perhaps the Leafs seem to have a good chunk of potential booms coming so they are now getting players that will take a little longer to develop and if any of them boom then they'll be super super happy

fuck i don't know

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm worried that ownership is meddling and trying to get the Leafs to be a competitive team ASAP now that they've drafted their number 1 centre.

Why wouldn't they force them to trade the picks for players that can go into the lineup right now if they were meddling?

Cactus

Banned
Ownership probably knows absolutely nothing about any of these players being drafted.

I do agree that the drafting strategy is quite different, but that might be because it seems to be a weaker draft. A guy like Timashov probably could have been a first rounder this year.

Yawnier

Banned

yyzjohn

Banned
Maybe it's a compromise. IDK. Just feels like night-and-day between the picks this year and the picks last year.
Marner was our best pick last year and we're still waiting to see what kind of NHL player he'll be. Who knows about all those other guys the Leafs took that were universally praised

Our Last Pick is in the six round should be interesting

Also this NHL Network coverage is horrendous I think this is WORST than Sportsnet's holy shit just get rid of that channel NHL.

Top Bottom