• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

imBask

Banned
how about a relegation system? that way the pleb gets filtered out every year and we don't have to deal with the Oilers ever again

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
how about a relegation system? that way the pleb gets filtered out every year and we don't have to deal with the Oilers ever again

Relegation is shitty for fans

NHL is regional with a salary cap. Leafs would have been relegated years ago and they are the most valuable franchise.

I still think a 32 team playoff makes the most sense even with a 32 team league.

Add in a second draft for teams finishing 16-24 which is strictly an overager draft with untradeable picks. these picks don't count against reserve list until they sign.

this way bottom teams get talent, "bubble" teams get depth and maybe talent, championship caliber teams get weaker competition but a shorter window.

and it helps fix the half in half out playoffs which kills franchises. season shouldn't be about making playoffs but making your path to a championship easier.

plus the crazy upset potential would be glorious

imBask

Banned
Relegation is shitty for fans

NHL is regional with a salary cap. Leafs would have been relegated years ago and they are the most valuable franchise.

I still think a 32 team playoff makes the most sense even with a 32 team league.

Add in a second draft for teams finishing 16-24 which is strictly an overager draft with untradeable picks. these picks don't count against reserve list until they sign.

this way bottom teams get talent, "bubble" teams get depth and maybe talent, championship caliber teams get weaker competition but a shorter window.

and it helps fix the half in half out playoffs which kills franchises. season shouldn't be about making playoffs but making your path to a championship easier.

plus the crazy upset potential would be glorious

but it also puts pressure on teams like Leafs and Canadiens who tend to be complacent because the arena is always full

but yeah I know, it's not a great solution. I don't hate your idea, it's alright, but we have to get rid of the problematic Oilers first. You can't keep rewarding this shit team every year

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
but it also puts pressure on teams like Leafs and Canadiens who tend to be complacent because the arena is always full

but yeah I know, it's not a great solution. I don't hate your idea, it's alright, but we have to get rid of the problematic Oilers first. You can't keep rewarding this shit team every year

I agree, let's turn them into a gypsy team... moving from city to city every year.

zroid

Banned
I love how Sportsnet keeps promoting this Punjabi Bonino goal call every chance it gets in their marketing material. It's like a silent admission that their own broadcast is a pile of trash.

Foggy

Looks like the Columbus fanbase has really settled into denial. Keep reading responses like "Jesse might become a superstar but we now have a future captain" and shit like that. The best thing I've read about Dubois is his work ethic. Yeehaw. Would much rather have gotten Keller. But that's how it goes.

Edit: more juicy bits to satisfy the fan base. Sorry to be obnoxious with this stuff. Just giving a peek into the collective mind

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...k-and-still-appreciate-pierre-luc-dubois.html

"Dubois is a rink rat with a mean streak and he fits the high-character profile management craves."

"Are the Blue Jackets collecting too many of these players while turning a blind eye to offensive talents like Puljujarvi? It’s a valid question, but not one Dubois needs to address"

“He’s a bit of an old-fashioned kid,” Dumont said. “The don’t- step- on- my- toes-or- you’re- gonna- pay- a- price player is disappearing in today’s hockey. But that’s what Pierre-Luc is going to bring. He’s a complete player.”

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
General Fanager ‏@generalfanager 4m 4 minutes ago
Forsberg's new 6-year deal is paid entirely in base salary, $6M flat each year, no bonuses. Also does not include any trade/move protection.
Man, that really is a nice deal for the Perds.

I'm going to be a mountain of salt when Lindros gets snubbed again

He'd be in if he didn't snub us.

Brian Hedger – ‏@BrianHedger

Re: Shaw asking #Blackhawks for $4.5 to $5m per ... all I know is a source very close to it tells me he sought $3.125m, w/term, to stay.

3.125M is Reasonable. I absolutely hope it's that number for Montreal

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts 2m 2 minutes ago
Glenn Healy gone. Was told it was for financial reasons source says.

Also, the Canucks bought out Higgins.

David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts 2m 2 minutes ago
Glenn Healy gone. Was told it was for financial reasons source says.

YESSSSSSSSSS HOLY SHIT

AND PJ STOCK TOO?

Gods be phased! Now please get rid of Jason York from Montreal's Commentary Team? John Bartlett is alright but York.... York is terrible.

David ShoaltsVerified account ‏@dshoalts 2m2 minutes ago
The departure of Glenn Healy from the No. 1 boradcast crew signals there will be two-person booths next season. No more man between benches.

HALA MADRID

ZeroGravity

David ShoaltsVerified account ‏@dshoalts
The departure of Glenn Healy from the No. 1 boradcast crew signals there will be two-person booths next season. No more man between benches.
That always felt like a gimmick and never really added much of significance to the broadcast.

Top Bottom