• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Today I tried some chocolate cookies (or biscuits) called Tim Tams from Australia. That shit is good. My goodness gracious. If I ever find anymore of these in my grocery store I'm definitely buying a bunch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Today I tried some chocolate cookies (or biscuits) called Tim Tams from Australia. That shit is good. My goodness gracious. If I ever find anymore of these in my grocery store I'm definitely buying a bunch.

you JUST tried them now? damn they're available everywhere here. SO overpriced though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dear NHLGAF:

I cordially invite you to hop on board the Arizona Coyotes bandwagon.

With so much good guys who can use their sticks to put the flat rubber ball thing into the net, it's going to be an exciting season in the desert.

It's also cheaper for our friends from north of the border to buy a plane seat and a ticket than it is to buy one at your local rink, and now you can tack on games in Vegas and Tucson for even better value.

With the unbelievable draft that kid brought to the team, and one of the top systems in the game, now is the time to jump on that cactus magic train!

Buy your jersey today! All aboard!!!

Yours,

Cos
But the coyotes team store doesnt even sell jerseys anymore......

Samyy

I wonder how long it will take Stamkos to make his decision?

How many teams will even be in on him?
Detroit/Buffalo/Toronto?

Given that teams will be making pitches all week he should have plenty of time to decide, I'm sure money will be communicated in some underhanded way too. Can't imagine it'll be too much later then 12pm.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How many teams will even be in on him?
Detroit/Buffalo/Toronto?

Given that teams will be making pitches all week he should have plenty of time to decide, I'm sure money will be communicated in some underhanded way too. Can't imagine it'll be too much later then 12pm.
I've heard from a couple different people now that Montreal is expected to make a pitch, but I don't really know how seriously he would take it.

12 pm? Didn't it take Richards a few days to make his decision?

imBask

Banned
every GM should be on Stamkos...

i'd bet even teams like the Penguins and Chicago will send some kind of offer, that's how they always end up with everything

EDIT : oh god, watch Chicago drop Hossa and I don't know who and somehow end up with Stamkos, I would be legit furious

Curufinwe

i'd bet even teams like the Penguins and Chicago will send some kind of offer, that's how they always end up with everything

EDIT : oh god, watch Chicago drop Hossa and I don't know who and somehow end up with Stamkos, I would be legit furious

They'll never drop Hossa. If he retires on another team the recapture penalties will be ruinous for Chicago,

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's pretty crazy to think about but if the Leafs were to get stamkos, the only hole they have going into the season is D. That's if Zaitsev doesn't pan out. If he does then we have a solid top 4 with an OK bottom 2 at best. Very strong down the middle. Potentially very strong on LW. Tons of potential on RW (as this position has a good chance to be just prospects).

I really wish we didn't take on Laich's contract, though. It's the one thing that's murdering our chances for stamkos.

Visual alignment

JVR-Stamkos-Marner
Nylander-Kadri-Brown
Lupul-Matthews-Hyman
Rychel/Michalek - Bozak/Laich - Komarov/Soshnikov

Gardiner - Zaitsev
Rielly - Marincin
Valiev - Carrick

Andersen
Bernier

It's pretty crazy to think about but if the Leafs were to get stamkos, the only hole they have going into the season is D. That's if Zaitsev doesn't pan out. If he does then we have a solid top 4 with an OK bottom 2 at best. Very strong down the middle. Potentially very strong on LW. Tons of potential on RW (as this position has a good chance to be just prospects).

I really wish we didn't take on Laich's contract, though. It's the one thing that's murdering our chances for stamkos.

We really don't know how good the young guns will be this year, it could still take a season or two

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
We really don't know how good the young guns will be this year, it could still take a season or two

That's why I'm being careful with the word potential. No holes, but it doesn't mean we'll be good. But we'd be icing a near optimal lineup. (with what we could manage) and I'd be pretty happy with it going into the year.

Though it could come crashing down in a hurry lol

Smiley90

Oh god I saw the replays

what the fuck? are the refs so bad or is it just the replays?

zroid

Banned
Oh god I saw the replays

what the fuck? are the refs so bad or is it just the replays?

somebody dug up this ref's match history

Cl6wKyPWYAACYsN.jpg

uh... yeah

Smiley90

I think the one game I'll always remember for its red cards is

Croatia-Australia @ 2006 world cup

Simic - 32'-85'
Emerton - 81'-87
Simunic - 61'-90'-93'

yes, Simunic got sent off on his THIRD yellow because the ref forgot he gave him one already.

and yes, he managed to get two yellows within 3 minutes.

and also yes, there were THREE red cads in the last 10 minutes of the game.

it was hilariously bad.

Line_HTX

Random question, what's the point of having duplicate verbatim posts in different places? I mean, can't one change the words a little?

Smiley90

Random question, what's the point of having duplicate verbatim posts in different places? I mean, can't one change the words a little?

-shrugs- different people in different threads that might respond to it? I don't usually make them.

Marvie_3

Banned

And how is that any different from how you usually are?

They'll never drop Hossa. If he retires on another team the recapture penalties will be ruinous for Chicago,
Arizona can just buy him out and use that to save money and hit the cap floor.

Id be surprised to see Hossa retire soon anyway. Hes still playing great but hes had some injuries so you never know.

iLLmAtlc

I hope so, bout time Chicago stopped parading out a 3C as their number 1 centre.

Quick

Banned
I've been drinking all weekend starting Friday before the draft.

When the Leafs were on the clock and they let it run for a good minute, I was legit thinking "Oh fuck, are they gonna pick Laine?!"

Then Hunter announced the pick and I was like

giphy.gif

Then I stopped paying attention.

iLLmAtlc

Dear NHLGAF:

With so much good guys who can use their sticks to put the flat rubber ball thing into the net, it's going to be an exciting season in the desert.

It's also cheaper for our friends from north of the border to buy a plane seat and a ticket than it is to buy one at your local rink, and now you can tack on games in Vegas and Tucson for even better value.

With the unbelievable draft that kid brought to the team, and one of the top systems in the game, now is the time to jump on that cactus magic train!

Yours,

Cos

I'd rather cheer for the Kings

Razorskin

----- ------
Dear NHLGAF:

Yours,

Cos

How much will a Yotes Datsyuk jersey set me back? Really looking forward to seeing him play.

Quick

Banned
Heretic, this Surface RT tablet does nothing!

It's pretty cool, design-wise, but hardware seems like ass and it's severely limited in software.

Top Bottom