• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

imBask

Banned
on the radio this morning they we're talking about Perron and how he's going to ask for 5M+ and how we should give him a try

This kills the hope

Foggy

Getting articles about how PLD put on 40 pounds of muscle. This is going to be the longest off season/lost regular season/post season/off season cycle ever.

Pittsburgh chose not to qualify 25-year-old defenceman Justin Schultz <http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/justin-schultz> at $3.9 million, as expected, making him a pending UFA. Schultz said his intention is to re-sign in Pittsburgh, so he could always come to terms on a deal for less than that prior to July 1.
so we wouldnt pay his ridiculous QO amount, but we still may sign him

Pikma

Banned
Guys, I have a funny story I want to tell you but now that there's a fucking cop in our community I'm not sure I should since it involves certain illegal activities in which I could or could not be involved

yyzjohn

Banned
Yeah, we're out on Stamkos. No way Bergevin can unload one, let alone TWO, of DD, Emelin, Plekanec to free up the cap space by Friday. No way in hell. I guess 3rd liner Andrew Shaw was the coveted prize, not the 60 goal scorer.

Here will be our lines by November, book it:

Patches-DD-BGally
AGally-Plek-Byron
Sven-Shaw-Carr
Danualt-Mitchell-Flynn

dat worst lineup in the NHL

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think Stamkos would have seriously considered the Habs as an option, childhood friendship with PK notwithstanding.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Guys, I have a funny story I want to tell you but now that there's a fucking cop in our community I'm not sure I should since it involves certain illegal activities in which I could or could not be involved

Tell the story. We'll deal with Fubar if he gets out of line and starts suppressing our civil liberties.

trifelife

Who's the narc? I'll get em don't you worry. Now... regale us with your tale young lad.

Socreges

Banned
Yes please Oilers, take Lucic away from Benning

Getting articles about how PLD put on 40 pounds of muscle. This is going to be the longest off season/lost regular season/post season/off season cycle ever.
I fucking hate CBJ management. Their idiocy screwed us

How 'bout don't, and stop being involved in illegal activities. Be a stand up guy. While you're at it, get a cat avatar. #LiveRight

Stasis

There's no way the Habs' off-season will be worse than ours in terms of disappointment. That I can guarantee. So take solace in that guys, cause we'll definitely be making moves of some kind, which means Shaw isn't the only thing you do.

Unless we only do 1-2 and it's signing Lucic to a 7x7 deal and trading Kreider away for a 2nd in 2018.

Edit: Jhonny I need more beer suggestions pls. Gonna be in the Philly area again this weekend. Going to the beer store. The smaller one in Southampton but still, this way I can grab 6 packs or singles and not have to commit to 24's. Not that I regret the Sculpin. That shit was gone so fast. I can bring back like 48 beers total, normal bottle/can size. Or whatever that amounts to in liters. Maybe more! Help.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers zambonis now come equipped with Zuccarello gnomes.

vqQJb4I.jpg

I feel like this is probably more important news than whatever other bullshit you guys were talking about.

Stasis

That's definitely of utmost importance Meta.

But so is me needing beer suggestions. It's lost at bottom of previous page now (at least in tablet config) so here it is again. Jhonny... beer list pls thx.

Solo

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think Stamkos would have seriously considered the Habs as an option, childhood friendship with PK notwithstanding.

Hard to say. Taxes would fuck us over, and we may not be able to offer him what some of the other teams do, but in terms of how he fits and what his role would be, I think Montreal is right at the top along with Detroit and NYR. He'd slot right into those teams' top lines nicely and would make them an instant threat in the East.

Toronto and Buffalo? Both are (sadly) going to be very good teams.....in 4-5 years. Does Stamkos want to waste what's left of his prime on rebuilding/young teams? He'd be 30+ before either are legit threats.

Honestly, if Stamkos is truly driven by wanting to win a Cup, I think his best bet is to swallow the $8.5M/year and stay in Tampa.

July 1 should be fun.

That's definitely of utmost importance Meta.

But so is me needing beer suggestions. It's lost at bottom of previous page now (at least in tablet config) so here it is again. Jhonny... beer list pls thx.

What kinda beer are you fiendin for?

I am not good with Ambers or Stouts as I don't drink them often at all, but I can give you a list of Pilsners, IPAs, Wheat Ales, Lagers, German beer, Hefe-weisen, and all sorts of different craft shit lol

Cake Boss

Banned
Give me Stamcock in Ottawa. Not that we had trouble scoring goals but another #1 center please.

Hoffman- Stamcock - Stone
MacArthur- Turris- Ryan
Smith- Zibenejad- Pageau
Dzingel- Paul - Lazar

Ohhhhh yessss

imBask

Banned
The Montreal Canadiens have been in contact with Dale Weise's camp. There's interest to perhaps bring him back -- the Canadiens traded him to the Chicago Blackhawks before the deadline -- but it would have to be at the right price. Other teams have also called. Weise is a useful bottom-six guy and was popular in Montreal. But, again, I don't think GM Marc Bergevin goes that route unless the price is right.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/42832/rumblings-lucic-demers-being-wooed-by-oilers

giphy.gif

Give me Stamcock in Ottawa. Not that we had trouble scoring goals but another #1 center please.

Hoffman- Stamcock - Stone
MacArthur- Turris- Ryan
Smith- Zibenejad- Pageau
Dzingel- Paul - Lazar

Ohhhhh yessss

iPRlr5X.jpg

James Mirtle
&#8207;@mirtle
Milan Lucic spent most of yesterday being wooed by the Canucks in his hometown. The Oilers are the front-runners though.

lol Oilers

Stamkos in Ottawa I wish. Melnyk couldn't afford a signed Stamkos poster.

The roster is pretty much locked thanks to Murray(Neil lol), hopefully they get a bottom pairing defencemen and BoroTurd never hits the ice again. That would be a decent improvement actually.

It's up to Le Chiffre to make a winner of this mess.

zroid

Banned
Those games he did get to play on the big club though he at least looked pretty good. idk about his fancy stats and all that though.

iirc his fancy stats were pretty good in that small sample in 2014-15. the few games he played in 2015-16 were not so good I think.

Top Bottom