• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Merguson

Banned
Nobody does. Lol

there's been a lot written about it over the weekend though. it's obvious they targeted certain types of players, just a matter of do you want to take an optimistic viewpoint and suggest they are seeking a market inefficiency, or whether you're cynical and assume they wanted "high-floor" guys with size who can step into the pros sooner .

I guess we'll see in a few years..

I remember one article, or two, discussing whether the Leafs were in the market for a 'stay-at-home' defenseman after picking Jacob Middleton, and I'm just like, it's one pick out of eleven picks.

Cake Boss

Banned
3.9M AAV apparently

k59IepB.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
watching footage... i just want to say it's so understated how high Matthews skill level is

auston_zpstehwl0se.gif~original

here's a gif of him deflecting a pass upwards, hitting it midair over the defensemans head, skating around the defenseman then hitting it in midair again to settle it down all in full flight

edit: ^^^ WTF did Bruins inherit our scouting/drafting people from before? You never ever EVER draft for down your lineup. ALWAYS top line.

Cake Boss

Banned
All in all hes a bit overpaid but its not the worst contract in the world. I just don't get why you have to commit yourself 6 years to a bottom 6 forward, why? Since when did that work? Sure he ain't old but every year, there a bunch of depth forwards that can be had for cheap with similar production. 30 point 15 goal guys.

Especially when you need to allocate that money into maybe a top6 forward since your team can't score for shit balls?

imBask

Banned
All in all hes a bit overpaid but its not the worst contract in the world. I just don't get why you have to commit yourself 6 years to a bottom 6 forward, why? Since when did that work? Sure he ain't old but every year, there a bunch of depth forwards that can be had for cheap with similar production. 30 point 15 goal guys.

Especially when you need to allocate that money into maybe a top6 forward since your team can't score for shit balls?

and we already have sooooo many bottom 6...

Danault, Carr, Brown, Flynn, Andrighetto, Matteau, Byron, Mitchell, Desharnais

that's if I ignore De La Rose, McCarron and Hudon

we're wasting so much cap space on "depth"

and we already have sooooo many bottom 6...

Danault, Carr, Brown, Flynn, Andrighetto, Matteau, Byron, Mitchell, Desharnais

that's if I ignore De La Rose, McCarron and Hudon

we're wasting so much cap space on "depth"

Carr and Andrighetto aren't going to be Bottom six players.

I can see Hudon Plekanec and Andrighetto being a line next year

imBask

Banned
I hope we see some trades at or before July 1st

The 2nd3rd/4th lines need work

The first one too, unless Captain deader-than-mighty-no-9 decides to wake up and actually play hockey this year, and if Galchenyuk can stay consistent, which he never did so far so that's not a given. You know as well as me that if Galchenyuk has a couple of bad games, Desharnais will be back on the first line

The first one too, unless Captain deader-than-mighty-no-9 decides to wake up and actually play hockey this year, and if Galchenyuk can stay consistent, which he never did so far so that's not a given. You know as well as me that if Galchenyuk has a couple of bad games, Desharnais will be back on the first line

Or Shaw

*shutters*

Top Bottom