• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Florida was looking into acquiring bernier before they got berra?

How in the living fuck did he not get traded the second they expressed interest lol

I hope we see some trades at or before July 1st

The 2nd3rd/4th lines need work

That "2nd" line makes me puke

The first one too, unless Captain deader-than-mighty-no-9 decides to wake up and actually play hockey this year, and if Galchenyuk can stay consistent, which he never did so far so that's not a given. You know as well as me that if Galchenyuk has a couple of bad games, Desharnais will be back on the first line

You could always sign Eric Staal

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't like the Shaw contract, but he's only 24, and there's no trade protection. He's the kind of player that can be moved if necessary down the line. It's not good, but it's not the end of the world.

Quick

Banned
Much better, thank you my friend.

Wait, the background isn't transparent.

hmmmm it might be too big then, i've already shut down my computer so i'll fix it tomorrow, unless one of the other photoshopboys passes by

Yep, it was a little too big. Should be good now.

eZr5Vft.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damage control
Shaw is the kind of player lots of GMs will love, and he doesn't have a NMC he could be moved easily. Contract is bad straight up, but he hasn't painted himself in a corner. He also traded Prust, Moen , Kassian, DSP, he's not afraid to move these guys.

#FactsOnly

Shaw is the kind of player lots of GMs will love, and he doesn't have a NMC he could be moved easily. Contract is bad straight up, but he hasn't painted himself in a corner. He also traded Prust, Moen , Kassian, DSP, he's not afraid to move these guys.

#FactsOnly

Basically Shaw is a bit of Gallagher ,Prust and Weise Combined

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We don't have any caps fans/anyone that actually LIVES in the Washington Metro, right?

Socreges

Banned
Don't like the Shaw contract, but he's only 24, and there's no trade protection. He's the kind of player that can be moved if necessary down the line. It's not good, but it's not the end of the world.

#FactsOnly
Well of course

Supposedly the Canucks will top any offer any team gives for Lucic, might be similar to the Yandle deal in Florida

ason Botchford – Verified account ‏@botchford

@_Proto people around the league think they'll top any offer. yandle deal looks about right, but i could see how you'd have to beat it

Solo

Yeah, we're out on Stamkos. No way Bergevin can unload one, let alone TWO, of DD, Emelin, Plekanec to free up the cap space by Friday. No way in hell. I guess 3rd liner Andrew Shaw was the coveted prize, not the 60 goal scorer.

Here will be our lines by November, book it:

Patches-DD-BGally
AGally-Plek-Byron
Sven-Shaw-Carr
Danualt-Mitchell-Flynn

dat worst lineup in the NHL

Yeah, we're out on Stamkos. No way Bergevin can unload one, let alone TWO, of DD, Emelin, Plekanec to free up the cap space by Friday. No way in hell. I guess 3rd liner Andrew Shaw was the coveted prize, not the 60 goal scorer.

Here will be our lines by November, book it:

Patches-DD-BGally
AGally-Plek-Byron
Sven-Shaw-Carr
Danualt-Mitchell-Flynn

dat worst lineup in the NHL

I don't think DD will be here for long dude... I'm not sure if you heard but Montreal is actively shopping him.

So in Reality I think the Lines will look like this.

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher

Carr Plekanec FA/Shaw

Andrighetto DD/Shipachov Danault

Flynn/Hudon Mitchell Byron

And that's not the worst lineup in the NHL IMO

I think it will be alright. I just wanna see what Bergevin's plan is for Free Agency.

Foggy

I'm amazed Shaw is only 24. I figured he was a veteran who lost his scoring touch and could only stay relevant by being a pest.

Samyy

Leafs didn't give Percy a QO, same for Sam Carrick.
Man I remember when Percy was like a top 3-5 prospect for us, dark days.

Top Bottom