• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Yawnier

Banned
Exactly. It is all Yawnier's fault

Muahahwhahwa

2EgYIf9.gif

tumblr_n8k996khSM1qbsh4co1_500.gif

Samyy

As Friday gets closer I'm getting more and more okay with the idea of signing Stamkos.
Think about how insufferable Leaf fans everywhere would be
It would be amazing
Also need salty Buffalo reporter hot takes

Quick

Banned
I don't know who to follow for Toronto. Give me names.

But honestly I bet it's the truth

Can't go wrong with Bob McKenzie for all things, really. Even Darren Dreger.

As Friday gets closer I'm getting more and more okay with the idea of signing Stamkos.
Think about how insufferable Leaf fans everywhere would be
It would be amazing
Also need salty Buffalo reporter hot takes

Same here, but I really wouldn't be upset if he ended up somewhere else. I don't know.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The leafs are under the cone of silence.

No one talks. No one leaks.

So unless stamkos camp says something, you won't know anything until it happens or doesn't

Line_HTX

M'kay... I'm assuming nothing is happening until Free Agency period begins.

Is there a period where everyone goes on vacation and there's literally no news to talk about afterwards? It's kind of like that right now for the NFL until the end of July when training camp begins.

Samyy

M'kay... I'm assuming nothing is happening until Free Agency period begins.

Is there a period where everyone goes on vacation and there's literally no news to talk about afterwards? It's kind of like that right now for the NFL until the end of July when training camp begins.

That'll be basically after free agency day (Friday) up until the World Cup in September.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The only way I see the Leafs signing Stamkos is if he does a 1 year contract for less with the expectation of extending for more.

I don't think they'd nuke their cap with as many bad contracts they have remaining.

unless someone owes lou some favours and he can dump one of michalek, laich, bernier, lupul, bozak or greening.

Samyy

The only way I see the Leafs signing Stamkos is if he does a 1 year contract for less with the expectation of extending for more.

I don't think they'd nuke their cap with as many bad contracts they have remaining.

unless someone owes lou some favours and he can dump one of michalek, laich, bernier, lupul, bozak or greening.

Wait, is the 7mil in cap space we have factoring in that we'll have Horton on LTIR? Can't we exceed the cap by 10% in the offseason and then as soon as the season rolls around throw Horton on LTIR to become compliant?

tumblr_nsg3h0se5q1tx4uo1o3_250.gif

James Mirtle and Chris Johnston are both really good.

But the leafs have been on total lockdown since they hired Lou almost a year ago.

Okay cool! Thanks

I see Howard Berger has crawled out of his trash can once more.

I was not aware this Berger man was so hated

Can't go wrong with Bob McKenzie for all things, really. Even Darren Dreger.

Yeah I already follow Bob. Great dude.

So I want to write this lady a follow up thank you after the phone interview but what the hell do I say for it?

I have never had a phone interview but was thinking how she may appreciate this even after a phone interview... But I have no clue what to say

iLLmAtlc

So I want to write this lady a follow up thank you after the phone interview but what the hell do I say for it?

I have never had a phone interview but was thinking how she may appreciate this even after a phone interview... But I have no clue what to say

some ideas:
- thanks for your time
- reiterate why you wanna work there
- confirm one of your strengths
- discuss one of the highlights of the interview

nice and short is probably best.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Mention your collection of gifs for every occasion.

some ideas:
- thanks for your time
- reiterate why you wanna work there
- confirm one of your strengths
- discuss one of the highlights of the interview

nice and short is probably best.

Okay cool thanks! I was thinking something similar to this but wanted some other input.

Mention your collection of gifs for every occasion.

:lol

I sadly had to restart my collection since my Macbook screen broke :(

Top Bottom