• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Curufinwe

Boston is not going to give Trouba a $9M+ offer sheet :lol how are you guys even contemplating that as realistic

if they don't have the needed picks for whatever value offer sheet they want to make they can reacquire them

It would not have to be that high. 7 X $6.715m would cost four firsts.

For offer sheet purposes, AAV is determined by dividing the total compensation offered by the lesser of the length of the contract, or by 5. For contracts longer than 5 years, this will result in a higher AAV than expected. Example: a 6 year offer sheet worth $20 million total, would be considered an AAV of $4 million ($20 million divided by 5) for offer sheet compensation purposes.

zroid

Banned
It would not have to be that high. 7 X $6.715m would cost four firsts.

For offer sheet purposes, AAV is determined by dividing the total compensation offered by the lesser of the length of the contract, or by 5. For contracts longer than 5 years, this will result in a higher AAV than expected. Example: a 6 year offer sheet worth $20 million total, would be considered an AAV of $4 million ($20 million divided by 5) for offer sheet compensation purposes.

thanks I was never really clear on how offer sheets work for long term contracts

NeglectedGreenBobolink.gif

God Help Us

What has Montreal done to deserve this?

zroid

Banned
I was listening to the SDP episode with General Fanager, and he revealed that occasionally the families of players would release their contact details to him directly. That's kind of awesome.

calder

Hah I wish that Trouba rumor was true, that would be a big overpay and, sorry BruinsGAF, but I think some of your first rounders in the next few years will be lottery

iLLmAtlc

Prospects could also include graduated young players and if that's the case I don't blame him. We'd be including hall, RNH, eberle, drasitl, nurse, klefbom, etc.

I feel like the canucks have too many question marks. Horvat, boeser and virtanen are probably all top 6 but then it gets pretty sketchy. Baertschi, Granlund, gaunce, Rodin, Cassels, Etem, etc are either projects or haven't had the success as those oilers guys.

Socreges

Banned
There are 30 teams in the NHL. For now. Go look at how thin some are. Canucks are no where near the top. A lot of teams are stacked. But we're in better shape than most

Or maybe over the last couple months some weak prospect teams have improved a lot while the Canucks have only really added Stecher and Juolevi, I dunno

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, I don't think we've talked about this yet (this actually came out a couple days ago), but Icethetics is saying that this is the Rangers' 90th anniversary logo:

HF18mUI.png

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
More Leafs draft analysis for you guys: https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2016/06/28/toronto-maple-leafs-2016-draft/

This article is interesting. It's not quite as much about stats and comparables, but discusses certain prospects on a more qualitative level (with some numbers thrown in). Basically trying to identify what the team saw in them that draft rankings didn't.

I really am curious about how hard we're gonna hit on this draft year

I didn't know like the majority of our successful draft picks from the last 10-15 years have been overagers... shows how fucked drafting is lol

zroid

Banned
I really am curious about how hard we're gonna hit on this draft year

I didn't know like the majority of our successful draft picks from the last 10-15 years have been overagers... shows how fucked drafting is lol
Thommie is the lone saving grace of Leafs amateur scouting these last 10 ish years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are 30 teams in the NHL. For now. Go look at how thin some are. Canucks are no where near the top. A lot of teams are stacked. But we're in better shape than most

Or maybe over the last couple months some weak prospect teams have improved a lot while the Canucks have only really added Stecher and Juolevi, I dunno

I've spent the last 8 days reviewing the Leafs' and the Leafs' alone draft selections, and I can confirm that Toronto does indeed have the best group of prospects. Perhaps.

Socreges

Banned
I've spent the last 8 days reviewing the Leafs' and the Leafs' alone draft selections, and I can confirm that Toronto does indeed have the best group of prospects. Perhaps.
No. Toronto's prospects are all so good that they've already graduated. Matthews graduated the moment he put on the Leafs jersey. He's that good.

The Leafs now have no prospects in their system. And 72 first line forwards and top 2 dmen.

The rebuild is complete. Now begins the debuild, fitting all of this incredible talent onto one roster.

/Dopey

Heretic

NeglectedGreenBobolink.gif

God Help Us

Perron is just so.....meh.

Signing him after trading Eller would be amusing though.

Yeah, Plekanec will spark David Perron and succeed where SIDNEY CROSBY and EVGENI MALKIN failed

yeah sure

sure

yeah
he was great with the Ducks. Hope we re-sign him...

Perron doesn't want to go back to Anaheim where the guac flows freely?

He's pretty good, but when you're teamed with Getzlaf good things happen
He wants to stay but there might not be any cash.

Marvie_3

Banned
No. Toronto's prospects are all so good that they've already graduated. Matthews graduated the moment he put on the Leafs jersey. He's that good.

The Leafs now have no prospects in their system. And 72 first line forwards and top 2 dmen.

The rebuild is complete. Now begins the debuild, fitting all of this incredible talent onto one roster.

/Dopey
Dont forget they have at least 47 #1 goalies.

Stasis

Okay. You aren't gonna be in the area until the weekend right? So you don't need the list right now? Cuz I can put it together today and post it later.

Sounds good. Sorry I'm getting to this late. Just send me a PM, or I will. Unless others wanna know!

edit: I know we're mortal enemies and all, but I really appreciate it =)

imBask

Banned
got a notification from The Score this morning that we're apparently also going after Ladd, this is the darkest timeline, Bergevin HAS to go asap

Glad Sakic already said there'd be no big signings on July 1st as this FA list drops off considerably after Stamkos. I could see them signing someone who could help now, but wouldn't need to protect later such as Vrbata.

Top Bottom