• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

calder

Jets fans are just relieved we have a GM that is almost incapable of making trades, at least we don't have to worry about this shit.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
zwbqgon.jpg

I'd talked myself back into wanting Stamkos to be a Leaf. Still, months of Zero's cautionary posts made me a lot less enthusiastic about throwing 10-12.5m down on one player. And then the Subban trade...

ryan299

Bergevin: "It was also one of the most difficult decisions I had to make as general manager of the Montreal Canadiens."

He should be fired

Stasis

Drive to montreal and we'll enjoy some of the best local microbrewery IPAs in the game

Pit Caribou 🔥🔥🔥

Pit Caribou is good. The new LTM IPA is good too, less hoppy though, kind of smooth and a bit fruity. 6%. Hard to find at the moment. I actually went to their brewery in Brossard to pick some up. Even my gf likes it and she hates IPAs usually. I think she just dislikes hoppy things. Simple Malt Double IPA is also quite tasty!

But Jhonny's Ballast Point Sculpin recommendation is the best I've had tbh. Which is why I'm asking him for a list lol.

And WTF at Subban/Weber. I'm just seeing this now. Friends on suicide alert over here. Wow.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Holy shit I missed some news today.

1. What a troll by Stamkos by staying in Tampa.
2. What the fuck at Montreal trading away PK.
3. Hall for Larson gets completely overshadowed by the above two. I do not like the idea of Hall in the East.

What a crazy last hour.

It's as if the Habs are run by monkeys who deal based on emotion, as opposed to sense. Subban is a talented, Norris-winning defenceman, who's in or entering his prime. Weber is a really good player, but he's older and doesn't have as many prime years.

A very questionable trade. But Weber is Weber.

Not surprised Hall was moved, either. He's such an overrated player. I didn't know much about Larsson, but it seems he's quite promising.

As for Stamkos? FUCK. Fuck this shit. He was supposed to be a Leaf. Fuck!

Line_HTX

If all goes according to Keikaku with the Canes, Quebec will get a team next year.

Translator's note: Keikaku means plan

Quebec finally gets a team with its Arena ready to go with everything and concerts...

And then the Canadian Dollar goes with all its teams into the playoffs, Kappa

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Plus Dopey tears

;_; my steak dinner

Ah well, again we're better positioned for salary in two years... coincidentally when Tavares may go UFA.

And thanks to Burke, that could be a reality. (when he was fired, he gave tavares a leafs jersey with his name on it lolol)

zroid

Banned
Shit do I listen Overdrive, or Edmonton or Montreal radio right now?

Idk its tough

Montreal takes will be the hottest

I'll listen to Overdrive later tonight :lol

I don't care about Edmonton so w/e. That Hall trade is hilarious though, Chiarelli is a treasure. Fucking sucks that Hall will run ramshackle over the East now.

Pit Caribou is good. The new LTM IPA is good too, less hoppy though, kind of smooth and a bit fruity. 6%. Hard to find at the moment. I actually went to their brewery in Brossard to pick some up. Even my gf likes it and she hates IPAs usually. I think she just dislikes hoppy things. Simple Malt Double IPA is also quite tasty!

But Jhonny's Ballast Point Sculpin recommendation is the best I've had tbh. Which is why I'm asking him for a list lol.

And WTF at Subban/Weber. I'm just seeing this now. Friends on suicide alert over here. Wow.

Here is a decent list for Quick I made. It has the rehash of Sculpin but some others.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208691167&postcount=16873

I can add more per request

Parch

There had to be some serious dislike for PK from all of Habs management. Weber is alright, but long term that is not a smart move by Montreal. This doesn't make a lot of sense. Very disappointing.

Sure, but if that's what you want then why would it have taken this long?

Money. At the end of the day, the difference between $77M ($11M over 7 years) and $68M (8x8.5) is worth thinking about ... and basically the price Stamkos is willing to forego for his best chance at immortality.

Had to wait to see how high the cap would go. Had to wait to see who would come calling. Had to wait to see what kind of offers might be there.

He's probably also a drama queen and wanted to make people sweat.

Merguson

Banned
I'd talked myself back into wanting Stamkos to be a Leaf. Still, months of Zero's cautionary posts made me a lot less enthusiastic about throwing 10-12.5m down on one player.

In terms of Stamkos, my apprehension was trying to go and make a big splash in free agency which never seems to work out for the Leafs plus I was perfectly content with their rebuild.

Ignoring any financials Stamkos would have been great to have on the Leafs. The Leafs have had a lack of talent on their roster for a long time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I CANNOT wait for PK's comments on this.

Perds must be overjoyed.

ALSO

SUBBAN-JONES is a hilarious NHL pairing.

I wonder what the other offers were for Stamkos. I could see teams offering less than what he was expecting. Everyone's seen how hard it was for LA and Chicago to manage with single payers taking up 10-11m of a cap.

zroid

Banned
I was always really ambivalent on Stamkos to the Leafs so I'm fine with how this worked out. Between Drouin being a beast in the playoffs and rescinding his trade request, and now the Stamkos contract, Yzerman really is a wizard.

Stamkos is my favourite player and it would have sucked if he ended up being a $11 million burden on the Leafs cap.

RC

Banned
Just catching up with the news now, wowza!

PK will thrive in Nashville and maybe he'll finally get the respect he deserves.

And I knew Stamkos wasn't going anywhere. Cry those bitter tears Leaf fans.

Top Bottom